Suggestions for the next Derby manager

33 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Not quite as impressive when you realise its PSV. They're always going to win lots of games

Except PSV had not lifted the title since 2008, Cocu then went on to win it 3 times in 4 seasons.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel a bit sorry for Big Dave. Seems to be getting a lot of stick on here but I actually don't think he did such a bad job at West Brom. Those saying he had a strong squad are right but then so did Rowett at Stoke and how did that pan out? Some more compelling names in the mix no doubt, but let's not unnecessarily rubbish Big Dave, eh!

Goal scoring midfielder Van Ginkel was Cocu's captain at PSV, on loan from Chelsea. I imagine they'll be keen to link up again so Frank can send him on loan to us as a direct replacement for Mount.

It's all coming together nicely.

36 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

It sounds like he might be a good signing but would want financial backing?

Not necessarily: "Cocu signed a four-year contract as manager of PSV. Joined by Faber and Chris van der Weerden as his assistants, Cocu stressed his emphasis on developing players from the PSV youth ranks" Sounds like he made use of the PSV academy when he was there.

In any case we will have an extra £4 mill from Frank plus whatever we get for the rest of his team plus whatever other budget we have. Don't think we will be spending big anyway, but if he wants to bring some dutch players in they won't be as expensive as English ones.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I don’t think it's daft at all. I laughed because I am very much enjoying the way you bring Bergkamp into the conversation at every opportunity.  It's very entertaining.  

Do i? 

Looks like the fans want Cocu.....but there might other Dutch coaches?

image.jpg.e4307aeffdb1d5f8f2865b7534b34514.jpg

So it’s not Valakari now? That’s cool, I mean I spent time setting up various #itk accounts, money on banners on planes, used all my free minutes calling Mel and sky sports. I spent my time on a crash cause in lock picking in order to sneak into Mels room and whisper “Valakari” in his ear all night. But that’s fine, yeah no problem.

FWIW (which is next to nothing) Cocu and Valakari are the only two that have peaked my interest. No offence to the other names but none of the others have me at the point of being ok with Lampard leaving. Either of those two would.

12 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

So it’s not Valakari now? That’s cool, I mean I spent time setting up various #itk accounts, money on banners on planes, used all my free minutes calling Mel and sky sports. I spent my time on a crash cause in lock picking in order to sneak into Mels room and whisper “Valakari” in his ear all night. But that’s fine, yeah no problem.

FWIW (which is next to nothing) Cocu and Valakari are the only two that have peaked my interest. No offence to the other names but none of the others have me at the point of being ok with Lampard leaving. Either of those two would.

You won’t be happy to know that Darren Moore was seen setting cones up this afternoon at what is now known as Moore Farm. 

What if it is Darren Moore now? What if there was never anything in the Cocu report?

What if it's all happening tomorrow, Frank's off and Mel is unveiling Darren Moore as our new manager?

Imagine being poor Darren Moore? Bet he won't sleep much tonight.

The only way Cocu would come is if we were going to back him significantly, only way that would happen is if a takeover or investment was imminent.

If Cocu is a possibility, I wonder if Steve McLaren being spotted at Morley Hayes has anything to do with it? Could he be acting as middle man with his Dutch connections?

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The only way Cocu would come is if we were going to back him significantly, only way that would happen is if a takeover or investment was imminent.

If Cocu is a possibility, I wonder if Steve McLaren being spotted at Morley Hayes has anything to do with it? Could he be acting as middle man with his Dutch connections?

Could be acting as the interpreter seeing as he's fluent in both languages 

Archived