Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Pretty sure Cocu managed Jozefzoon too

Not only managed him, played him too. Jozefzoon was a first team regular in his PSV side until he did his ACL and never got into the first team again before being sold to Brentford.

Bags of talent there.

5 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

The club from the Midlands has already had a conversation with the Cocu camp and wants to continue negotiations this week.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/1605677389/Derby-wil-cocu-maar-is-bijna-heel-elftal-kwijt

I'd love for the Cocu rumour to be true but 'no fewer than ten loan players' and 'the club has no money' is rather concerning ?

Here's a thought.....

we know we're going to lose frank. And jodie is welded to frank so we're going to lose jodie. And chris jones is welded to jody who is welded to frank, so we are going to lose chris too.

but why agree to lose another 3 - 5 members of the staff?

shay given has an ambition to be more than a goalkeeping coach. He was recommended by shearer when frank was on world cup duty. Prior to that they had never really spoken so he's not joined at the hip to frank like the others are. I reckon we could hold onto him. He's in place. Knows the players. Has good connections with some big clubs. Give him the job? He's a big name player too.

Maybe then we could also keep the analyst who is ex man city etc etc. Lets limit the damage to the set up so we don't have to start from scratch. Its a better solution than going for a total outsider like big Dave. 

With one or two more key appointments to strengthen the set up, we could limit the damage and be back on our feet.

Maybe the solution is hidden in plain sight.

image.thumb.jpeg.64954fdc1904e56e0de7869e349f2d29.jpeg

1 hour ago, rynny said:

I wonder, with Germany u21 losing tonight, if Stefan Kuntz will be available 

I would prefer it if he went to the Gumps, and we could then quite legitimately refer to the Kuntz down the road.

Archived