Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 30/06/2019 at 11:25, Tamworthram said:

So you reckon interest will drop off if we're say 3rd or 4th? In fact anywhere in the top 6?

Pretty much, we’ve been top 6 in the last 4/6 seasons, that’s just another season at DCFC.

If it looks like we could go up automatically and we’re playing champagne football, the attendances will be there but anything other than that I think it would stay at 25k.

We’ll have less media attention regardless. Realistically there’s no replacing Lampard on that level.

2 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Pretty much, we’ve been top 6 in the last 4/6 seasons, that’s just another season at DCFC.

If it looks like we could go up automatically and we’re playing champagne football, the attendances will be there but anything other than that I think it would stay at 25k.

We’ll have less media attention regardless. Realistically there’s no replacing Lampard on that level.

Staying the same ("stay at 25K") isn't exactly a sign of interest dropping off is it?

I don't care too much about the media attention. 

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Staying the same ("stay at 25K") isn't exactly a sign of interest dropping off is it?

I don't care too much about the media attention. 

Sadly it’s a game all about money now and media attention raises money levels

Will be devastated if we end up with Garry monk after all of this- a few years ago I would have been happy, but he’s been weirdly dismissed by too many clubs now for it to be coincidence. I think there’s something wrong there and I wouldn’t be wanting us to take a gamble on it. Worrying that we’ve even talked to him for me, especially at this early stage.

Just hope some new investors pop up and boost our transfer budget so we can entice cocu here, and not end up with someone like monk or Hughton as backup.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

To all those going weak at the knees over Dutch total football and what-have-you, please remember that Cocu was assistant manager of the Dutch national team in the 2010 World Cup final, one of the most disgraceful displays of anti-football ever.

Was that when Van Gaal was in charge? That bloke is mental, I doubt Cocu was able to tell him to completely rewrite his entire plan for a World Cup from the assistants chair.

if he's smart Cocu will have been involved with the coaching of that team whilst taking on board lessons in what worked and what didn't. Should he join us I would be way more interested in the decisions he has made as a number one, I don't get the impression Van Gaal is the type to let his underlings have much of an input on the overall plan.

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

To all those going weak at the knees over Dutch total football and what-have-you, please remember that Cocu was assistant manager of the Dutch national team in the 2010 World Cup final, one of the most disgraceful displays of anti-football ever.

That was almost a decade ago, that was then this is now people change, no doubt you have changed in 10 years. i know i have 

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Was that when Van Gaal was in charge? That bloke is mental, I doubt Cocu was able to tell him to completely rewrite his entire plan for a World Cup from the assistants chair.

if he's smart Cocu will have been involved with the coaching of that team whilst taking on board lessons in what worked and what didn't. Should he join us I would be way more interested in the decisions he has made as a number one, I don't get the impression Van Gaal is the type to let his underlings have much of an input on the overall plan.

It was Bert van Marwijk, I believe.

Mel went out on a limb signing Frank and I think most of us were generally happy with the revitalised belief in the squad, promotion of youth and the attacking style of play he imposed last season. I was quite happy for him to stay on as I think he had started something I was genuinely interested to see develop.

When I look at the list of potential replacements, aside from Cocu, everyone else is kind of meh.  I'm sure the likes of Moore & Monk would try their best but it all feels same / same, a bit dull. With Frank, Mel took an exciting gamble which I feel was starting to pay off, blips aside.  Cocu feels like  the kind of potentially exciting benchmark we should aim for, who may not have the superstar media hype Frank has, but brings a proven track record and was someone who played at the top level.

I'm just fed up with waiting.  Can't be good on the boys mindsets now they're back in training. 

Archived