Swansea City vs Derby County

cannable
Message added by Day

RamsTV
Swansea City on 01/05/19 will NOT be available to supporters within the UK, Ireland and the Channel Isles. This is due to a decision taken by the home club meaning the live video stream will only be available Internationally.
https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/ramstv-faqs

Sky Sports
Please note: we can only show rescheduled or displaced games on the Red Button where respective clubs stream them on their iFollow app.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11687655/championship-football-live-8211-all-midweek-games-available-via-the-red-button-on-sky-sports-football

(Swansea are not on iFollow, they have their own in house service SwansTV)

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it looks like all of the Keogh haters have got their wish !!

If it is a groin strain then it is unlikely he will play on Sunday and indeed could well miss the play offs if we were to get there.

If he is out I would go with Evans rather than risk Ambrose. 

Tonight has left me disappointed and frustrated we weren't able to get that second goal. 

We came into this week in an amazing position with 2 chances to secure play offs. Unfortunately a chance has been blown tonight but we have another on Sunday against WBA.

We have to be positive that we are still in a great position, it's still in our hands, be glad you're not borough or Bristol. 

I fancy Rotherham to do something but not 100% sure. Bristol Vs Hull is also a tough one to call. By no means are those easy games.

The facts are if we lose, Borough can draw and not make it. Bristol have to win to make it. If we draw on Sunday, Bristol are out of it anyway and borough have to win. And of course if we win, we're guaranteed play offs regardless of other results.

So come on, get behind the team, get pride park rocking on Sunday for one last push. Let's do this and give it everything. COYR.

24 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

For all those with negative thoughts: If you supported Boro or Brizzle then would you swap places with us?.....Too fecking right you wouldn't. Also West Brom need reminding what happened to George Thorne when you play a full strength side when your play off spot is already assured. 

Yeah, but Steve our collection of mummy's little soldiers ain't exactly a Mick McCarthy cloggers troop.?

1 minute ago, gfs1ram said:

Well it looks like all of the Keogh haters have got their wish !!

If it is a groin strain then it is unlikely he will play on Sunday and indeed could well miss the play offs if we were to get there.

If he is out I would go with Evans rather than risk Ambrose. 

If he is out we are buggered. This side lacks real leadership on the pitch. He is one of the few players that provides it.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's not nailed on, but beating Rotherham is one of the simpler tasks, and beating WBA is one of the harder ones. 

Derby are 23/20 to beat West Brom, Boro are 8/11 to beat Rotherham. Pretty close odds, but we know that counts for little in practice. 

I don’t know why, but I quite fancy Rotherham to battle in that game. They only play one way and they will be tough to break down 

8 minutes ago, ramtique said:

Maybe the WBA game will be the one when Tom Lawrence finally turns up and makes a significant contribution....!? Think he owes us something a bit special... several times over! 

You mean like he did on Saturday at Bristol? He was inches away from giving us a last minute winner tonight. ?

Well not the win we all wanted but it is still a very good result 

come Sunday a win gives us a play off spot 

I expect Bristol city may well win at hull but a draw for us would be fine in that situation assuming Bristol don’t go goal crazy 

will Middlesbrough Win at Rotherham- maybe but Rotherham do not have to attack like crazy as they don’t need a vital win and their home record is decent and a draw is very possible 

plots of variables then

keogh injury should be our main concern until Sunday 

Derby are playing as consistently well right now as they have at any point since November! First half tonight was sensational! Second half they changed shape which helped them, raised their performance and made it difficult. Only Man City have won there in 2019, they beat Sheff Utd. Tonight was an excellent result, just frustrating as we played Swansea off the park first half and should’ve had the game buried. 

Baggies haven’t won last 3 away from home against teams down the bottom. We’re going to be on it and will win. I have no doubts, we should be confident. 

I absolutely would want our position over Boro and Bristol. And I have a feeling they’ll both slip up. 

Now is the time to back the team with everything we’ve got! It’s been a good season no matter what happens given financial situation and the fact is Frank’s first ever season as a manager!! Playoffs would be a bonus but very achievable and I think we will get to the playoff semis.

7 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

The Championship being what it is then I agree it can go anyway now so makes for an interesting last day. Obviously as a Bristol fan I'd presume you'd gladly swap places with us so your own fate would be in your own hands. However, in your opinion between us and Boro then whose shoes would you rather be in? 

Just because of opponents I think I'd take Boro's position.

Granted they still have to get an away win, but our away form is the only reason we still have a shout, and against an already relegated side it's the easiest fixture on paper.

WBA have some fantastic attacking players, and will easily be able to cause even more problems for your defense than we did on Saturday, our games against them have seen them score 6 goals.

But they are also defensively fragile, as we've scored 5 against them.

Hull are possibly the most Championship team this season. They were languishing in a relegation fight, then surged up the table before fading away. Which version of Hull turns up will be key, hopefully they will be on the beach for us.

16 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

The pressure is on ALL 3 teams. We don't have to win if other results go our way. No matter what else happens, Bristol just HAVE TO WIN - nothing else will do and even that won't do it if Boro win or we draw. Is that not pressure?

A win might not be enough, which is why there's less pressure.

We aren't expected to make it, all we can do is do our best and hope.

14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's not nailed on, but beating Rotherham is one of the simpler tasks, and beating WBA is one of the harder ones. 

I get what you're saying but personally I'd rather go into that last game without relying on results elsewhere. We know exactly what we need to do and if we don't then we only have ourselves to blame. Suppose we'll never agree so let's focus our energy on that final push.  COYR.

Archived