Swansea City vs Derby County

cannable
Message added by Day

RamsTV
Swansea City on 01/05/19 will NOT be available to supporters within the UK, Ireland and the Channel Isles. This is due to a decision taken by the home club meaning the live video stream will only be available Internationally.
https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/ramstv-faqs

Sky Sports
Please note: we can only show rescheduled or displaced games on the Red Button where respective clubs stream them on their iFollow app.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11687655/championship-football-live-8211-all-midweek-games-available-via-the-red-button-on-sky-sports-football

(Swansea are not on iFollow, they have their own in house service SwansTV)

Find it hard to justify the current odds of 9 to 4 on of us reaching the playoffs and Boro 13 to 4 against 

In my opinion the likelihood of Boro beating Rotherham is far higher then the probability of us beating West Brom.

I'd rather be in Boros shoes after last night but it's upto to Lampard now to motivate his team.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Ibby said:

Sadly bottled it tonight sorry to say.

Did you? Never mind.

The important thing is that the players didn't. They've done the complete opposite of "bottle it" over the last few games by clawing themselves back into contention going into the final game when many had written them off a few games back.

No question Sunday is going to be huge, and we may just fall short, but it's been a fantastic effort over the last few weeks culminating in a good away draw at a side with a very good home record

6 hours ago, Ibby said:

Sadly bottled it tonight sorry to say.

There was no bottling it. Our captain was naively dragged out of position along with Tomori leaving the defence hoplessly exposed for their goal. Our manager didn't react to their change of formation when it was clear something had to be done. No matter, bring on WBA and don't give away any corners.

Just now, SWRam said:

I wonder if all you happy clappers will be still be here come 3 o clock on Sunday?

We are a top half championship side at best. Nothing more.

6 out of 24.

Better go back to school, that's top quarter. Even if everything goes against us on Sunday, we're top third.

Disappointed that we couldn't quite get over the line last night but we're making a pretty good fist of the last few games so are a long way from bottling it. 

Still a decent chance.  Worried a bit about keogh and us running out of puff last night - hoping that the extra rest doesn't work for WBA (it never seems to do for us?)

7 hours ago, nottingram said:

Between Rotherham away and WBA at home I’d take the latter every day of the week. West Brom is a game we really should be winning at home and if we don’t then we don’t really deserve to finish in the play offs.

What makes you say "West Brom is a game we really should be winning"? 

Surely, by your logic we really don't deserve to finish in the play offs unless we had beaten every team from West Brom down at home. If fact, does any team deserve to be there because none (including Norwich and Sheff U) have that sort of records?

The facts are, if the combination of results on Sunday (including we all lose) mean we finish 6th then we deserve to be there. Whether we (or Boro or Bristol) progress any further is a different matter. 

Not sure how a draw away at Swansea can really be seen as anything other than 'a good point'.  I realise that the negativity comes from the loss of a lead and the fact we could have more or less secured the playoff spot, but any rational consideration would tell you that the final league position is a culmination of 46 league games and the Swansea result is a pretty good one.  If we fail to reach the playoffs, there will be plenty of reasons why we didn't quite make it, but last night won't really be one of them.

Before Bristol I thought we would be out of it by now, with two very losable away games.  We have lost neither, which is a massive positive.   

Well got back 1.30am ish this morning,enjoyed the game, we played ok and should have finished them off in the first half .Their crowd was quiet and another goal would have seen them off .Shame we haven't got someone playing with the tactical nous  to guide the team.

Double booking for them in the second half got the crowd going a bit more and unfortunately Swansea responded and got their equalizer .Liked the look of their number 5 and they are a neat and tidy team however we were always in the game shame we couldn't finish them off.

You wouldn’t think that we have one of the best home records this season and we thrashed WBA away this year 4-1 and all our goal scorers that night are available Marriott Lawrence Wilson Malone 

there are some negative thoughts on the forum which is bizarre 

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

You wouldn’t think that we have one of the best home records this season and we thrashed WBA away this year 4-1 and all our goal scorers that night are available Marriott Lawrence Wilson Malone 

there are some negative thoughts on the forum which is bizarre 

For a team in 6th place, with our home form it’s astounding. Some people really are either massively disappointed we didn’t win at Swansea, who’s recent home form has been solid or just like to have fun being miserable.

Everything to play for, we are 6th not mid table Forest!

7 hours ago, nottingram said:

Between Rotherham away and WBA at home I’d take the latter every day of the week. West Brom is a game we really should be winning at home and if we don’t then we don’t really deserve to finish in the play offs.

Whether we reach the playoffs or not will not be defined by the result against West Brom on Sunday it WILL be defined by our inability over the season to pick up maximum point's against cannon fodder relegation sides such as Bolton, Ipswich and Rotherham.

2 things here...

Even just one month ago, a draw away at Swansea would be deemed a pretty decent result. To even get into this position given our away performances this season is a good achievement. To say we've "bottled it" based off last night is ridiculous - they're a decent team.

Secondly, a draw does practically nothing. You have to assume Boro will beat Rotherham, they'll be throwing everything at it to do so. Slight shame once they equalised we didn't completely go for it.

Sith Happens
57 minutes ago, SWRam said:

I wonder if all you happy clappers will be still be here come 3 o clock on Sunday?

Where will you be if we win and make it to the play offs? Will you be crying into your lager top, or coming on here to tell us all we are deluded to enjoy the moment as we have no chance anyway? 

And as a happy clapper, if we win Sunday, I won't be here, i'll be enjoying a beer to celebrate. If we don't win and miss out, then probably best I stay away too, so to avoid all those buzzing with excitement because we failed.

Great pity last night, but at the same time when we were 8th, the door was practically shut for the season, Then we won, Bristol and Boro lost and we got a breath of air to give us another shot. So win on Saturday .. we know what we have to do. COYR

Worth remembering that swansea are the only team to do the double over sheff utd

last nights ref i believe, gave a dubious penalty at rotherham away which cost us a point.

that point would have allowed us to draw v west brom but the season will be full of incidents like that. 

1 hour ago, SWRam said:

Our results and league position most of the season suggest otherwise.

11 hours ago, toddy said:

They coming over for the win and hoping Ipswich do them a favour. They what to avoid Leeds and Villa till the final.

We will know when we see the team sheet and after 15 minutes of the game. Leeds do not want to lose another game as momentum is being lost. 

Archived