Swansea City vs Derby County

cannable
Message added by Day

RamsTV
Swansea City on 01/05/19 will NOT be available to supporters within the UK, Ireland and the Channel Isles. This is due to a decision taken by the home club meaning the live video stream will only be available Internationally.
https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/ramstv-faqs

Sky Sports
Please note: we can only show rescheduled or displaced games on the Red Button where respective clubs stream them on their iFollow app.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11687655/championship-football-live-8211-all-midweek-games-available-via-the-red-button-on-sky-sports-football

(Swansea are not on iFollow, they have their own in house service SwansTV)

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

Got back at 2 this morn. It wont great wor it... I dunt think we are good enough .... 

Careful. You'll be getting poo through your letterbox.

Swansea away was always going to be tough, regardless of their situation, they have been imperious at home in 2019. The WBA game plays into our hands, because they won't risk their players against an emotionally aggravated side that are do or die in the final game. At least they shouldn't, otherwise I expect their players not to be going 100% in to tackles, etc. 

We're good at home. The crowd will be up for it on a (hopefully) sunny bank holiday. It's got the makings of a great game, ignoring the fact it's got the flashbacks to a 3-0 loss to Reading. 

48 minutes ago, jono said:

Great pity last night, but at the same time when we were 8th, the door was practically shut for the season, Then we won, Bristol and Boro lost and we got a breath of air to give us another shot. So win on Saturday .. we know what we have to do. COYR

This is so Derby though isn’t it?

?

1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

Whether we reach the playoffs or not will not be defined by the result against West Brom on Sunday it WILL be defined by our inability over the season to pick up maximum point's against cannon fodder relegation sides such as Bolton, Ipswich and Rotherham.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

What makes you say "West Brom is a game we really should be winning"? 

Surely, by your logic we really don't deserve to finish in the play offs unless we had beaten every team from West Brom down at home. If fact, does any team deserve to be there because none (including Norwich and Sheff U) have that sort of records?

The facts are, if the combination of results on Sunday (including we all lose) mean we finish 6th then we deserve to be there. Whether we (or Boro or Bristol) progress any further is a different matter. 

Both good points, I worded what I meant really poorly.

Basically if we can’t beat West Brom at home then we probably won’t be winning the play offs anyway because in my eyes they are not as good as Leeds or Villa.

55 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Swansea away was always going to be tough, regardless of their situation, they have been imperious at home in 2019. The WBA game plays into our hands, because they won't risk their players against an emotionally aggravated side that are do or die in the final game. At least they shouldn't, otherwise I expect their players not to be going 100% in to tackles, etc. 

We're good at home. The crowd will be up for it on a (hopefully) sunny bank holiday. It's got the makings of a great game, ignoring the fact it's got the flashbacks to a 3-0 loss to Reading. 

Form is a lot better now than it was when we went into the Reading game.

We'd just plummeted from x points clear at the top to 6th where as this time we've climbed back up from 8th so I think that goes for us? 

AT least it will be exciting  .... ears glued to radios... the despair with news of a Middlesbrough goal , the elation of a derby goal .... the news Bristol are winning .... the finger nails bitten off, the drama of the last few minutes... 

a massive up or down at 2.30pm Sunday... the drama of football. 

i was at the game last night , and i cannot understand all the negativity on here , our lads gave everything last night , a super first half performance , and yes we should of gone in more comfortable at half time if we had taken our chances

Give Swansea some credit for 2nd half , two subs and a change of shape unsettled us , an unlucky goal , but just like saturday our boys put their bodies on the line and fought hard to protect , in my eyes a crucial point

Roll on Sunday . WBA are good but not unbeatable , if fans and players keep their nerve and give everything they have , then Sunday afternoon will be party time and we can all join together and celebrate the wonderful job Frank , his staff and players have done this season

Its in our hands , lets all get us over the line COYR

9 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

i was at the game last night , and i cannot understand all the negativity on here , our lads gave everything last night , a super first half performance , and yes we should of gone in more comfortable at half time if we had taken our chances

Give Swansea some credit for 2nd half , two subs and a change of shape unsettled us , an unlucky goal , but just like saturday our boys put their bodies on the line and fought hard to protect , in my eyes a crucial point

Roll on Sunday . WBA are good but not unbeatable , if fans and players keep their nerve and give everything they have , then Sunday afternoon will be party time and we can all join together and celebrate the wonderful job Frank , his staff and players have done this season

Its in our hands , lets all get us over the line COYR

I agree. 

I was also there, we did give everything and in the first half were the better team, the second half Swansea came out and were the better team. Coming away with a draw was the right result I think, yes it adds some pressure to Sunday but whatever happens happens. I for one will be there and will get behind the boys, let's get a great atmosphere in the stadium, support the lads every step of the way ?

Win, lose ,draw on Sunday ,it will be what it will be ,we will either be in the play offs or not but in answer to the question where will us so called happy clappers be if we don’t make it , HERE talking about some good times this season and getting excited about what frank and mel will do in the window ,looking forward to next season ,that is of course in the hope that if we don’t make it that frank is not put off the club by a poor fan reaction of the kind many show on here and goes off to somewhere the fans may appreciate the efforts of him and the players ,,,

i hope that pp stands and gives frank and the players a rousing and positive end to the season no matter what the outcome is ,, oh and mel too

How refreshing to have a manager who is prepared to go for it! Before the kick-off, lots of us wold have been happy with a point, given Swansea's me form, but we were very unlucky to not have the game won by half time. Despite their reputation, Swansea only had 2 or 3 really good, clear chances, even during the periods when they were in control of the match.

Such was the importance of this match, many previous managers would have approached it with caution. We could have done as we did at Bristol and sit deep, winning on the counter attack. But we didn't, and there's good reason - it was how to beat Bristol City, but it wouldn't have worked last night.

Instead we went positive, and played some lovely football - e.g. Wilson's through ball to Lawrence, or his chip to the far post in the first half. We didn't adapt to Swansea's change of formation forth second half, although I don't recall anyone talking about just what that formation change actually was, so perhaps it wasn't surprising that Frank took a while to make any changes. And the goal was somewhat lucky, (or unlucky, didn't which teams' perspective we are considering. It was a huge, powerful header which Roos saved well, but the ball came back off the post straight to a Swansea man. Just once, wouldn't it be nice for the ball to fall at the feet of one of ours? So, despite the naysayers, it wasn't particularly poor defending of a corner, as we had defended them all right for the rest of the match. Rams TV had gone a bit Radio Derby, going on  about Swansea asking questions of our defence, and that the goal had been coming, and that it was inevitable. No it wasn't. I agree that there were a couple of clear goal chances, but apart from that, we kept them pretty much at a distance. There were no last minute, last ditch tackles or blocks, instead we seemed to have a spare man in the area on most occasions.

So come the substitutions, rather than echo the past by shoring things up to hold on to the [point, Frank went 4-4-2, with Marriott on for Huddlestone. Brilliant, and brave. And what if Tom Lawrence had put a bit of top spin on his shot which would have dipped and gone in off the underside of the bar instead of skimming over. That would have been tasty!

Some on here apparently would rather be Middlesborough supporters, but once on that slope, it won't stop there. Very quickly you will become Leeds fans, before finding yourself at the bottom of the slope (I was going to say foodchain) as Red Dogs! You have been warned!

Roll on Sunday!

Probably gonna be roasted for this , but just seen their goal . In the discussions about Roos tending to parry the ball rather than catch it ( seems to be popular, not singling out roos really) It was quiet a good header  but right at him,  could he not of cought it? Parried it on to the inside of the post and a simple tap In.

keogh injures in the panic, and we concede.

Archbishop Rowan Williams! Dylan Thomas, Sir Harry Secombe! Rob Brydon!, can you hear me? 

For twenty five minutes your boys took one hell of a beating!

On 02/05/2019 at 07:41, Inglorius said:

Find it hard to justify the current odds of 9 to 4 on of us reaching the playoffs and Boro 13 to 4 against 

In my opinion the likelihood of Boro beating Rotherham is far higher then the probability of us beating West Brom.

I'd rather be in Boros shoes after last night but it's upto to Lampard now to motivate his team.

This isn't just aimed at you but I've seen a few people question the odds....

Why do people always think that betting odds are a prediction of the outcome?.

It's just a reflection of where the most money is going. e.g. If Bristol fans aren't betting on them, then the odds will be lengthened in order to attract more bets. It doesn't mean that a positive result for them is suddenly less likely.

6 hours ago, Wolfie said:

This isn't just aimed at you but I've seen a few people question the odds....

Why do people always think that betting odds are a prediction of the outcome?.

It's just a reflection of where the most money is going. e.g. If Bristol fans aren't betting on them, then the odds will be lengthened in order to attract more bets. It doesn't mean that a positive result for them is suddenly less likely.

The opening odds though will be based on how people would be expected to bet, which will have form etc factored into them.

Football odds don't tend to shift that much. 

Based on the above its easy to see why I tend to lose a £50 bet every Saturday ?

Sith Happens
On 02/05/2019 at 07:46, SWRam said:

I wonder if all you happy clappers will be still be here come 3 o clock on Sunday?

We are a top half championship side at best. Nothing more.

YoRV74W.gif

I wonder if all you happy clappers will be still be here come 3 o clock on Sunday?

Oh wonderful fount of all knowledge - is it 3 o'clock yet? How many did we lose by?

We're still here yoof but you're very quiet

Archived