Swansea City vs Derby County

cannable
Message added by Day

RamsTV
Swansea City on 01/05/19 will NOT be available to supporters within the UK, Ireland and the Channel Isles. This is due to a decision taken by the home club meaning the live video stream will only be available Internationally.
https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/ramstv-faqs

Sky Sports
Please note: we can only show rescheduled or displaced games on the Red Button where respective clubs stream them on their iFollow app.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11687655/championship-football-live-8211-all-midweek-games-available-via-the-red-button-on-sky-sports-football

(Swansea are not on iFollow, they have their own in house service SwansTV)

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all those with negative thoughts: If you supported Boro or Brizzle then would you swap places with us?.....Too fecking right you wouldn't. Also West Brom need reminding what happened to George Thorne when you play a full strength side when your play off spot is already assured. 

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

For all those with negative thoughts: If you supported Boro or Brizzle then would you swap places with us?.....Too fecking right you would. Also West Brom need reminding what happened to George Thorne when you play a full strength side when your play off spot is already assured. 

Honestly I'd prefer to be Boro right now, they pretty much have a nailed on 3 points, whereas we have a game that we could easily lose.

1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

We are at home with a close to capacity PP - please tell me your not going. 

of course im going ive been going since 1970. Now you boys that have only been going over the last couple of seasons are going to have more optimism over the wba result than me

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Honestly I'd prefer to be Boro right now, they pretty much have a nailed on 3 points, whereas we have a game that we could easily lose.

No easy game in the championship. If we can't win that final game then we don't deserve to be in the play-offs. It's in our hands, their fate isn't. That's the point I'm trying to make. Would you rather it was the other way around?

No team has lost fewer home games at home than us this season. Having the opportunity to be at home on the last day of the season knowing that if we win, nobody can displace us, isn’t a bad position to be in.

I don’t really care if West Brom are 4th, or going for 3rd or whatever. We have to fancy ourselves to win other why bother turning up to the play-offs? I think Leeds and Villa are stronger sides than WBA anyway.

I also wouldn’t point the finger at an away game to eight-wins-and-three-draws-in-their-last-eleven-home-games Swansea as the defining moment where we missed our chance for the play-offs. We’ve slipped up in games you’d fancy us much more in plenty of times this season. If this game wasn’t rearranged because of the cup, we’d consider this a good result.

Just now, superzak said:

of course im going ive been going since 1970. Now you boys that have only been going over the last couple of seasons are going to have more optimism over the wba result than me

So your telling me that when you wake up on Sunday your thinking we are going to lose. 

Why have you bothered going since 1970? 

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

No easy game in the championship. If we can't win that final game then we don't deserve to be in the play-offs. It's in our hands, their fate isn't. That's the point I'm trying to make. Would you rather it was the other way around?

There definitely is. Ipswich, Rotherham and Bolton are all easy games. That's a cliche I just can't agree with. I do agree though, if we can't win the final game we don't deserve to be there.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

So you'd rather be in a position where you have to win your last game away, and still have the possibility of missing out, than being in the position of winning your game and being guaranteed play offs?

Illogical.

We'll beat WBA. Have confidence.

All this talk of "I'd have taken taken this position at the start of the season"... In fairness, I'd have taken it from where we were a month or so ago!  

We've thrown nothing away.  We've bottled nothing.  If anything, we've taken the last turn looking stronger than out nearest rivals... Just need that big push on down the final straight, and dip over the line!

It's in our hands, folks.  That's a good thing!

Just now, JoetheRam said:

So you'd rather be in a position where you have to win your last game away, and still have the possibility of missing out, than being in the position of winning your game and being guaranteed play offs?

Illogical.

We'll beat WBA. Have confidence.

Not really illogical, when there is much higher odds of Derby dropping points in the final game than Boro.

Just now, CHCDerby said:

So your telling me that when you wake up on Sunday your thinking we are going to lose. 

Why have you bothered going since 1970? 

Because i support the team at the ground  ...on here im realistic ...in my opinion we are now not in the box seat for a play off position. Tonight was that opportunity which we spurned. 

Why the negativity? Is it so you don't have to beat yourself up if it doesnt happen?

I just don't get it?

Where is the fighting spirit? We are British, we are English (and other ethnicities) but together we are Derby.

Archived