Swansea City vs Derby County

cannable
Message added by Day

RamsTV
Swansea City on 01/05/19 will NOT be available to supporters within the UK, Ireland and the Channel Isles. This is due to a decision taken by the home club meaning the live video stream will only be available Internationally.
https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/ramstv-faqs

Sky Sports
Please note: we can only show rescheduled or displaced games on the Red Button where respective clubs stream them on their iFollow app.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11687655/championship-football-live-8211-all-midweek-games-available-via-the-red-button-on-sky-sports-football

(Swansea are not on iFollow, they have their own in house service SwansTV)

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we miss out on the playoffs this season, it won't be down to drawing 1-1 at Swansea, there were many other results we could have picked up a couple more points in. 

Yes Boro have the "easier" game, but like people have already said, we have the home advantage and made West Brom look pretty average at their place. 

Out of all the teams in the top 6, West Brom would be the ones I'd want to play. Let's get behind the lads and get Pride Park rocking! 

I'm really looking forward to Sunday now.

West Brom will be a tough game for anyone, so you guys losing is not out of the question.

I can see Boro winning or even drawing, Rotherham aren't too shabby at home and Boro aren't an attacking team at all, yet will go into the game knowing they need to win.

Bristol City, well, we are massively the outsiders now, but we know that all we can do is win and hope results go our way. There's little pressure on us.

Any of the 3 teams can conceivably go up. Just not looking forward to the travel!

I think that was the best away performance since Norwich. We may well miss out, odds are stacked against us, but lets just enjoy the ride.

No-one's bottled it, no-one's let us down, we don't need to be angry with anyone.

Bristol City and Boro must win away. Hull are no pushovers and Rotherham are not under any pressure. Derby have defeated West brom away and are playing against a manager whose mother is called Jackie Shan! Job done. Stop worrying.

Am not worried.  Still think we will limp into 6th and then take the whole thing by storm, surprising respected pundits, naysayers and even ourselves.  It's going to be tremendous, an ending of a season we shall never forget.  Brace yourselves, this ride has just begun ?

Still all to play for. We couldn’t beat Rotherham ( or Bolton or Ipswich) away so Middlesbrough won’t fancy it that much. Rotherham will want to go out on a high. 

We’re better at home. All we’ve got to do is win and it then doesn’t matter anyway....?

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

West Brom will be a tough game for anyone, so you guys losing is not out of the question.

I can see Boro winning or even drawing, Rotherham aren't too shabby at home and Boro aren't an attacking team at all, yet will go into the game knowing they need to win.

Bristol City, well, we are massively the outsiders now, but we know that all we can do is win and hope results go our way. There's little pressure on us.

Any of the 3 teams can conceivably go up. Just not looking forward to the travel!

The pressure is on ALL 3 teams. We don't have to win if other results go our way. No matter what else happens, Bristol just HAVE TO WIN - nothing else will do and even that won't do it if Boro win or we draw. Is that not pressure?

I would love this situation as a player. Playing to a full house at home knowing a win will put you into the final. Others are playing away knowing a win might not be enough. All in our hands, couldn't give a rats arse about the others. 

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Not really illogical, when there is much higher odds of Derby dropping points in the final game than Boro.

Really?! At home where we’ve only lost 3 games all season and been on fire recently?! Boro battered in last away game, away to Rotherham who are good at home (away form sent them down) and Bristol at Hull who are good at home.

I really hope you’re not going on Sunday as we could do without this baseless negativity.

27 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

WE will have a big part to play on Sunday... If we start nervously, so will the players!

Need to have the place buzzin' from the start.

Come on you RAMS!

^^^ THIS !!!!!!!!!!!! ???????

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The Championship being what it is then I agree it can go anyway now so makes for an interesting last day. Obviously as a Bristol fan I'd presume you'd gladly swap places with us so your own fate would be in your own hands. However, in your opinion between us and Boro then whose shoes would you rather be in? 

It's not the worst position to be in. Even if we lose we can still make it, if Boro and Bristol only manage draws (entirely possible, it was the result earlier in the season in the Rotherham/Boro game, and Bristol only beat Hull in the 93rd minute, and both of those were home fixtures). I'd have just liked Derby to just do things easy for once.

34 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Don't agree that a draw hasn't helped.  Although a point against WBA lets in Boro if they beat Rotherham it would rule out Bristol City. Tonight's point also means Boro have to win even if we don't.

That's right ? Those on here and on other sites saying the point is no better than a loss are missing the point. The big difference it makes is that Boro and Brizzle now both have to win on Sunday to finish above us......

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Really?! At home where we’ve only lost 3 games all season and been on fire recently?! Boro battered in last away game, away to Rotherham who are good at home (away form sent them down) and Bristol at Hull who are good at home.

I really hope you’re not going on Sunday as we could do without this baseless negativity.

Baseless negativity? I said I think I'd prefer to be in Boro's position, the only person who is overreacting is you. Just because I'm not jumping for joy at the prospect of playing vs WBA doesn't mean I'm being negative, I am trying to be realistic. Hull and Rotherham have nothing to play for. 

Archived