Swansea City vs Derby County

cannable
Message added by Day

RamsTV
Swansea City on 01/05/19 will NOT be available to supporters within the UK, Ireland and the Channel Isles. This is due to a decision taken by the home club meaning the live video stream will only be available Internationally.
https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/ramstv-faqs

Sky Sports
Please note: we can only show rescheduled or displaced games on the Red Button where respective clubs stream them on their iFollow app.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11687655/championship-football-live-8211-all-midweek-games-available-via-the-red-button-on-sky-sports-football

(Swansea are not on iFollow, they have their own in house service SwansTV)

Looks like plenty of our fans have decided it’s all over.......May as well throw in the towel and not even bother turning out a team on Sunday.

Think we should also give next season a miss too as the disappointment from this one will wipe out all hope next term!

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don't share this sentiment, if we were against Rotherham, Bolton, Ipswich etc I'd feel much more comfortable, WBA have a lot of players that can produce magic that these teams just don't possess. 

Out of the four teams you mentioned here we’ve only won away against one of them.

Which one was it?

Just now, nottingram said:

Out of the four teams you mentioned here we’ve only won away against one of them.

Which one was it?

Largely irrelevant historical results. Who would you rather play against? Put us in Boro's shoes anyday.

FFS theres some right negative sods on here, and for quite a few games this season I'll admit to being one of the more negative ones.  Yet I still think we have a good chance of beating West Brom , it could go either way so I'm not already choosing my seat for the Leeds game but theres no point in going into the game with a defeatist attitude I'm sure the  players will be pretty confident after beating them 4-1 earlier on in the season and this being at home. Boro are on poor form and Rotherham away will not be easy as shown by their first half performance against West Brom where they had the better of the play and were 1 0 up for most of the game. Hull away is not an easy fixture for Bristol city either. I don't think it will matter as I reckon we will win.

I will tell you all now, the future is black and white, we will beat WBA, 2-0, get in the play offs, beat Leeds 3-2 over 2 legs and yes I can see it now, a Wilson free kick at Wembley in the last 30 seconds, to beat Villa in the final, well that's what I dreamt last night, and I believe in dreams. Once A Positive Ram, always a positive Ram.

20 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don't share this sentiment, if we were against Rotherham, Bolton, Ipswich etc I'd feel much more comfortable, WBA have a lot of players that can produce magic that these teams just don't possess. 

You’re right, WBA do possess players that can punish anything less than a huge effort.

But my point really was that ( maybe Bolton being the exception) any team in the championship that we play without a huge effort can potentially catch us out, Blackburn for example, Millwall Rotherham away and thinking about it Bolton away?

So whoever we are facing on Sunday, anything less than a huge effort will not be acceptable. So no worries then ?

23 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Largely irrelevant historical results. Who would you rather play against? Put us in Boro's shoes anyday.

Between Rotherham away and WBA at home I’d take the latter every day of the week. West Brom is a game we really should be winning at home and if we don’t then we don’t really deserve to finish in the play offs.

Any other part of the season, this would have been a great result. Should have been 2 up by half time. Their goal came from a set piece when one of our centre halves went down injured. They also had the luck of the bounce after the save. Apart from Leeds and Villa, we've performed very well against the top teams in the division, home and away. Results against the bottom half sides, particularly away from home have ultimately cost us this season if we fail to make the playoffs. 

Still, I can't be negative. Beat West Brom and we're through. Regardless of the result, I will be clapping the players and Frank off the pitch even longer than usual. They deserve big credit for some memorable performances this season. Beating Man Utd away and Southampton showed me signs of how capable the team could be in the Premier League. Let's hope in 4 games time we can FINALLY redeem ourselves in the top tier of English football.

Just got home after battling through a couple of motorway closures. I’m really glad I went. We played some lovely stuff, especially the first 30 minutes and the start of the second half. We were all over them and needed to get a second goal, but then couldn’t keep keep up the intensity. Fans were in good voice. Disappointing not to get the win but looking forward to Sunday now.

1 hour ago, Ibby said:

Sadly bottled it tonight sorry to say.

A glance at the match stats show what a ridiculous comment that is.

Unlike some recent games we were competitive from the start. It is what happened in those earlier games that means we are not guaranteed 6th, not tonight's game.

There's a fair bit more pessimism on here than I expected (It's my first season on here!). 

If our players are reading, they may be wondering if they are better off trying to get a transfer to Bolton before the weekend, where they might get a little more appreciation and support for their efforts!

#justsayin'

5 hours ago, Ibby said:

Unbelievable!  BOOOOOOO!

The only negative "reactions" on here are an angry face or crying.  Neither is appropriate, but I would have clicked a thumbs down, if that were an option!

6 hours ago, Ibby said:

From you reaction I would say you are the one lacking resilience and giving up ie ‘bottling it’. If you can’t get positive by Sunday then please do the gardening instead. 

There’s an article in today’s DET where Frank talks about Keogh’s injury.  He says he is a doubt for Sunday and talks about Evans not being the ideal back up as he’s a midfielder.  No mention of Ambrose whatsoever. What’s that all about? Clearly an area of the team to be addressed next season. 

Archived