Jayden Bogle

Sean

24 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Wouldn’t be devastating if we got what Bristol city got for Kelly £15 + after one good season not to mention Webster £22 million after one good season at Bristol after one decent season at Ipswich - we could even afford Wilson then ! 

Yes, but this is Derby- we normally give away our best young prospects for a pack of magic beans and a chocolate hobnob!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would hate to see Bogle go on one hand, he's young, his value will rise as he improves (and/or if we get promoted), and he already offers us a lot going forward.

On the other hand, he's not the strongest defender, and does that undermine the back 4 a bit.  If any desperate team wants to throw £20m plus at us (I think the comparable players price wise are Aarons and Sessegnon) then could we use that productively to not only replace him, but to bring in 1 or 2 of the keeper, midfielder and winger we need to be competitive.  Might even get a part exchange bargain.

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yes, but this is Derby- we normally give away our best young prospects for a pack of magic beans and a chocolate hobnob!

Had those magic beans and didn't work and much prefer a caramelized plain biscuit to a chocolate hob nob so it's a big No from me unless it's ridiculous ££ and we keep him in loan for a season.?

If Newcastle want him, I'd look at trying to get Darlow thrown in for good measure. If Villa want him, I'd look at trying to get Hourihane thrown in. 

Both have players on the periphery of their first team that could be very useful for us. Hourihane has been one of the best all action CM in the Championship for a couple of seasons now. Darlow has excellent technical ability with the ball at his feet, not to mention he's a steady keeper. 

Just now, Ambitious said:

If Newcastle want him, I'd look at trying to get Darlow thrown in for good measure. If Villa want him, I'd look at trying to get Hourihane thrown in. 

Both have players on the periphery of their first team that could be very useful for us. Hourihane has been one of the best all action CM in the Championship for a couple of seasons now. Darlow has excellent technical ability with the ball at his feet, not to mention he's a steady keeper. 

Hourihane signed a new contract after promotion. Got to assume that A) he probably isn't in the mood for leaving after that and B) his salary far dwarves the sort of money I'd be hoping we are paying the lads now (or at least since goatee left).

Darlow would be an interesting one. Can't see his wages being extortionate after signing for Mike Ashley's Newcastle. 

Just feel like watching Bristol make such big profits on their defenders that we should be holding out for big big money with Bogle. Consider how much it would cost to replace him and then add on a big whack for the inconvenience of it being so late on in the window. 

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If Newcastle want him then a hefty fee and Gayle on loan with them paying his wages thanks 

26 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Either of those would be good,for God’s sake not Lansbury.

You'd hope we'd planned ourselves for the eventuality and have a list of targets lined up already. For a team to come in so late in the window when they've had all summer deserves for the price to go up a bit.

I don't know if Newcastle would come in for him mind, they wanted Krafth but I don't think they wanted to pay much more than £4.5mil for him. x5 on that fee and you may get Jayden.

If offered 20 million plus you'd take it. If offered 15 million you'd definitely think about it. The club needs transfer income from academy graduates for its business model. But because of the lateness in the window you'd expect there to be a premium. 

Don't rate Darlow at all, who's touted on here as a swap. As ever, the gumps got a good deal by hyping him up, only for him to be cruelly exposed when he got there. 

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If offered 20 million plus you'd take it. If offered 15 million you'd definitely think about it. The club needs transfer income from academy graduates for its business model. But because of the lateness in the window you'd expect there to be a premium. 

Don't rate Darlow at all, who's touted on here as a swap. As ever, the gumps got a good deal by hyping him up, only for him to be cruelly exposed when he got there. 

I'm surrounded by Newcastle fans up here in the sunny North East.

Most of those I know agree with you about Darlow.....

Lloyd Kelly was sold to Bournemouth for a reported £13m this summer. At the time, he had 3 under 21s caps and less than 50 club career games under his belt. He is 20 years old and will be 21 in October.

If we use that as a guide, Bogle is in the England under 20s squad, has already played a full season at Championship level, a season in which we finished above Bristol City. How accomplished could Bogle be by the time he is Kelly’s age?

For me, if we are going to cash in now, it has to be money that’s too good to refuse in our current position. Say £25 million.

Personally, I think we should let Bogle continue his development here and let the player grow with the club.

Another two years and Bogle could be turning 21 on the back of a promotion season in the Championship and a debut season in the Premier League, and suddenly he could be worth the same as Wan Bissaka.

You.only sell Bogle if you are going bust. Bogle will be worth 50 million quid if we get promoted and he follows instructions from his superb coaches and mentors at DCFC.

Cocu is not an unknown quantity. Getting success at Derby would not be a shock or a surprise just what Cocu does.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

I understand your point about using the academy for income but I think right now we shouldn't accept 15m because of how late it is in the window. If we'd been offered that 6 weeks ago itd definately be something to consider. 

Right now it has to be something that's way too good to turn away for it to be worth it. 

I think the only caveat is if it's a huge fee + loaning him back, that I think changes things and makes it much more viable.

Archived