Jayden Bogle

Sean

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can see why there’d be prem interest, but does he really fancy Burnley, bit grim innit? Mind it there’s big money involved we’ll be able to get it outta them, they love chucking their transfer budget on our players. Would rather not lose him as I think the last few games we’ve really started to see his ability come to the fore, but I guess we may not have a choice if there’s big money on the table, being a right back he’s replaceable I suppose.

Just now, Gritters said:

He isn’t fit to lace Will Hughes’s boots, how much did we get for him?

They are both completely different players, in completely different situations, what is it with these comparisons lately?

A player is worth what a club is willing to play, regardless of ability, if you have 2+ clubs in for a player you are in a stronger position to demand more money. Without wanting to rehash the Will Hughes deal we wasn’t in that position.

Hopefully we are in a better position if Bogle was to leave the club, at just 18 years old he has a very bright future ahead of him and clubs are willing to pay that bit more, wouldn’t surprise me if that reached double figures. 

1 minute ago, David said:

They are both completely different players, in completely different situations, what is it with these comparisons lately?

A player is worth what a club is willing to play, regardless of ability, if you have 2+ clubs in for a player you are in a stronger position to demand more money. Without wanting to rehash the Will Hughes deal we wasn’t in that position.

Hopefully we are in a better position if Bogle was to leave the club, at just 18 years old he has a very bright future ahead of him and clubs are willing to pay that bit more, wouldn’t surprise me if that reached double figures. 

I would like to see is keep these players and build a team around them rather than sell them and bring in a Waghorn or Marriott both good but we should build from within no cost.

I don’t think our position is good at all though with all this ffp talk. We are making it obvious players are up for sale.

7 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I would like to see is keep these players and build a team around them rather than sell them and bring in a Waghorn or Marriott both good but we should build from within no cost.

I don’t think our position is good at all though with all this ffp talk. We are making it obvious players are up for sale.

Same, but whilst we are in the Championship we have to accept it’s difficult to do that when an offer comes in from the Premier Legaue. 

Players want the move, clubs need the money.

I’m no FFP guru, far from it, but I believe selling an academy product for big money and signing an established player spreading the transfer fee over the full length of the contract can be very good business for a club. 

Not so great for the fans who want to see their club go up in the dream scenario, young exciting team, key players brought through the academy.

Bogle, Bird, Sibley if they are as good as we think, 2 or 3 seasons max, if we’re still here they will be gone.

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

He isn’t fit to lace Will Hughes’s boots, how much did we get for him?

Nathaniel Clyne was £15m to Liverpool and another £13m to Bournemouth supposedly fixed this summer?

I think we could hold out for more than £10m for Bogle's potential

52 minutes ago, David said:

I’m no FFP guru, far from it, but I believe selling an academy product for big money and signing an established player spreading the transfer fee over the full length of the contract can be very good business for a club. 

£10m+ for Bogle and Wisdom back into the team - I can live with that

He’s becoming a great asset to this team regardless of his age. But like Hendricks, ince, Hughes and vydra before him were paying extortionate wages to less than average players, butterfield, Nugent, Johnson, Bryson, Olson who hasn’t played for over a year and many more. That’s why we sell our assets to fund these less gifted players. Hopefully next year we start with almost a clean slate and big wages are a thing of the past. 

13 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

He’s becoming a great asset to this team regardless of his age. But like Hendricks, ince, Hughes and vydra before him were paying extortionate wages to less than average players, butterfield, Nugent, Johnson, Bryson, Olson who hasn’t played for over a year and many more. That’s why we sell our assets to fund these less gifted players. Hopefully next year we start with almost a clean slate and big wages are a thing of the past. 

Hendricks???

Archived