Jayden Bogle

Sean

Just now, ramant62 said:

So how much would you spend on Ince ? 5-6 million maybe? Perhaps we could get Mel to cough up the rest !! ?

If we could get him for £5m I'd snap him up in a heartbeat

The flip side being for £7m apparently we could pick up Ryan Kent who looks promising

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Vydra only has goals in him if they build a team around him

Ince I have a lot of love for

I'd still say we didn't really build the team around Vydra.

He wasn't the player who we put the ball through at every opportunity, involved in all our play, the first out-ball, the de facto (at least non-shooting) set piece taker etc, we just happened to utilise his one main attribute very efficiently - he ended the season with a shot to goals ratio of 3.5, and that's only because his accuracy dipped a bit towards the end of the season.

If we built the team around anyone it was Huddlestone - we sat back and then looked to break with him starting most of the moves, kicking it out to the wings for people to chase,  Nugent harrying the defenders in the middle and then Vydra picking up the pieces with some lethal finishing.

Funnily enough using the above criteria it's the other player in your post who we built a team around! (To little benefit but his own)

I'm trying to avoid mentioning Ince (red rag to a bull), but boy, if you really want to eradicate any progress we've made since the start of last season then by all means bring him back. Haven't we already spent enough time attempting to further his career and his Mum's bank balance?

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

I'd still say we didn't really build the team around Vydra.

I disagree - The play was built around/went through Huddlestone - But I thought the 4-2-3-1 (ish) formation was almost entirely designed to ensure we could play Vydra as a number 10

3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I'm trying to avoid mentioning Ince (red rag to a bull), but boy, if you really want to eradicate any progress we've made since the start of last season then by all means bring him back. Haven't we already spent enough time attempting to further his career and his Mum's bank balance?

I get that lots of people aren't fans of Ince - And my inclination would be to find someone new instead of going back too - But the guy scored and created a lot of goals for us - He's got the same thing which Wilson and Mount have which is the potential to create something out of nowhere - And we only currently have 1 winger (Lawrence) who has that ability - We saw over and over again last season that the difference in a game can come down to those single moments of magic

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I disagree - The play was built around/went through Huddlestone - But I thought the 4-2-3-1 (ish) formation was almost entirely designed to ensure we could play Vydra as a number 10

I get that lots of people aren't fans of Ince - And my inclination would be to find someone new instead of going back too - But the guy scored and created a lot of goals for us - He's got the same thing which Wilson and Mount have which is the potential to create something out of nowhere - And we only currently have 1 winger (Lawrence) who has that ability - We saw over and over again last season that the difference in a game can come down to those single moments of magic

OMG ............now we'll have a Paul Ince thread to go with the Chrissy Martin one ..........who's next?

We simply can't sell him at the moment, because we don't have a player to replace him. If he wasn't to start tonight, it would be Bateman getting his debut. The cost of him goes up because a) we need a replacement and b) the time left of the window. 

Although, I'm sure a £15m + season long loan would be enough to sign him. 

Sounds like nearly half of the teams in the Premier League are after a right back; Palace, Southampton, Villa, Newcastle, Brighton, Everton, Tottenham and Burnley at least. So as well as getting a huge fee because of it being so close to the deadline and us not having a replacement, I'd hope there would be a bit of an auction for him between a few of those clubs listed to raise the fee even more if he were to leave.

Be devastating to lose him at this stage in the window, hope we’ve got a good replacement lined up in case we do lose him. But I guess you couldn’t begrudge him the move if the likes if Newcastle and villa were to come in for him. Sadly we’re once again a level below the likes of the clubs in that article, and painful as it is, will continue to lose players to them if they make a move. Wonder what we’d sell him for... would have to be a lot with only a few days to find a new RB.

Think we will see tonight what the situation with Bogle is, if he is going to be auctioned off i doubt they would want him playing tonight and possibly picking up an injury.

Also, i saw that Mel was on Talksport again this morning and was quoted as saying "There may be 1 or 2 more players coming in". Does this mean the probable no.7 being one and the possibility of a RB if Bogle does leave us?you would think with the rumours starting now that the club would have an idea of who they would like to replace out biggest asset. Personally i think if he were to go to Newcastle i would ask for Yedlin on loan for the season or maybe they would loan him back to us, anyone's guess really. Hope we stand firm on the 15 million mark..... 

8 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Think we will see tonight what the situation with Bogle is, if he is going to be auctioned off i doubt they would want him playing tonight and possibly picking up an injury.

Also, i saw that Mel was on Talksport again this morning and was quoted as saying "There may be 1 or 2 more players coming in". Does this mean the probable no.7 being one and the possibility of a RB if Bogle does leave us?you would think with the rumours starting now that the club would have an idea of who they would like to replace out biggest asset. Personally i think if he were to go to Newcastle i would ask for Yedlin on loan for the season or maybe they would loan him back to us, anyone's guess really. Hope we stand firm on the 15 million mark..... 

Perhaps more likely to be the 'probable no.7' and possibly a goalie if Carson is fit enough to be shipped out first?

For me it would have to be a crazy amount of money to accept right now, like 20m+, because it's a bad time to sell. I wouldn't feel confident going into the season with the options as it stands and we would have desperately little time to get a replacement or for the cash to have a meaningful impact on this window. Not to mention that with another season he could be worth double what he's worth now if he progresses at a similar rate.

32 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

23 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Perhaps more likely to be the 'probable no.7' and possibly a goalie if Carson is fit enough to be shipped out first?

RW and CM would be my guess. Cocu's possible 5th signing may have been the replacement for Carson - if that's fallen through then it would explain why we're only after "1 or 2 more".

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

RW and CM would be my guess. Cocu's possible 5th signing may have been the replacement for Carson - if that's fallen through then it would explain why we're only after "1 or 2 more".

If what's fallen through? I haven't seen anything remotely reliable regarding Carson moving anywhere - Also, not sure he'd pass a fitness test currently as he's listed as injured

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

If what's fallen through? I haven't seen anything remotely reliable regarding Carson moving anywhere - Also, not sure he'd pass a fitness test currently as he's listed as injured

Just his exit from the club, rather than any particular move. Millwall, Blackburn and maybe one other are the only ones who've been linked to signing him aren't they? Millwall have signed 2 keepers, and Blackburn signed Walton. We may have been hoping one of those clubs would take him when Cocu made his comments. I don't believe any other Championship club is currently searching for a new GK either.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Be devastating to lose him at this stage in the window, hope we’ve got a good replacement lined up in case we do lose him. But I guess you couldn’t begrudge him the move if the likes if Newcastle and villa were to come in for him. Sadly we’re once again a level below the likes of the clubs in that article, and painful as it is, will continue to lose players to them if they make a move. Wonder what we’d sell him for... would have to be a lot with only a few days to find a new RB.

Wouldn’t be devastating if we got what Bristol city got for Kelly £15 + after one good season not to mention Webster £22 million after one good season at Bristol after one decent season at Ipswich - we could even afford Wilson then ! 

Archived