Jayden Bogle

Sean

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

A friend of mine said the same thing, it hadn't occurred to me that palace might bid for him with money to burn.

But, people think because certain players move for x amount it means others will move for the Same, if not more, but sometimes it comes down to demand.

Will Hughes was worth 15 million of anybody's money, I was devastated when we sold him for what we did, but he had not long returned from injury and his stock had fallen massively.

We just gotta hope there are a number of clubs looking at Bogle, 10 million plus and I'll be very happy.

Will Hughes was sold so cheap because he wasn’t in the managers plans and therefore we didn’t have much in a way of a bargaining tool.

Bogle is an established first team player, and thankfully we had a manager who recognised talent, therefore we are in a much better position and can turn bids down.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Prices have gone mad .  11.5 for Jack Clarke- made his debut for leeds in January- dropped for losing form - made about 20 appearances.  Only four starts

Mel said similar on the wireless yesterday. I'm not sure if he's ever said as much but I wonder if he sees our Academy specifically as another income stream as well as a source of first team players.  In practice we are always going to be a selling club in the sense that all our players will have a price - like the vast majority of clubs.  If you can earn say £10m from Bogle that helps FFP no end. And allows you to avoid having to sell another player, possibly for a couple of seasons, unless you want to.

Southampton are a club that do that. The trick is not to over do it.

15 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Mel said similar on the wireless yesterday. I'm not sure if he's ever said as much but I wonder if he sees our Academy specifically as another income stream as well as a source of first team players.  In practice we are always going to be a selling club in the sense that all our players will have a price - like the vast majority of clubs.  If you can earn say £10m from Bogle that helps FFP no end. And allows you to avoid having to sell another player, possibly for a couple of seasons, unless you want to.

Southampton are a club that do that. The trick is not to over do it.

I think Mel absolutely sees it that way.

route for academy players to first team is every but as much about making young players saleable as it is helping the first team results. Proven at championship level is probably an order of magnitude greater than rated at U23 level.

• 1 month later...

I hope we don't lose Bogle even if it means missing out on Bielik. The last several years right back has been a massive problem position for us. I wouldn't sell as none of the academy showing in pre-season shows we have anyone that can step into the position at the right level.

If we sell Bogle it won't be the end of the world providing we get a good deal for him with future add-ons. What is stopping us selling him to a PL outfit but keeping him on loan ( as i don't think he his PL material at the minute) for the coming season to aid his development. Seems to be coming a fairly regular outcome nowdays.

We aren't in a position to sell Bogle as it stands, even with him we don't have a fit senior player capable of playing right back - he's only just turned 19. Bateman is a year older & Wisdom is seemingly on a long-term injury lay off. 

We wouldn't sell before signing someone else, I can guarantee that, plus we would've heard links to a right back. 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We wouldn't sell before signing someone else, I can guarantee that, plus we would've heard links to a right back. 

I think I've sussed it. It'll be a straight swap with Arsenal for Bielik but as part of the deal they loan Bogle back to us for 2 years.

End of the transfer window, no need to sell and a young future England player. At minimum he should be a £15 million player, probably looking at another £5 mill for the time of the window. 

Perhaps wherever he goes to will loan him back to us for the season too, makes sense that we're not being linked to any RBs 

What do you mean we don't have a right back replacement?

Isn't that why we've just signed Liam Rosenior - this 'coaching role' is just a ruse!

Rosenior on the right, Ashley Cole on the left, Keogh and Davies in the middle. Combined age of 140.

May as well go the whole hog and get Shilts back in goal.

5 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

End of the transfer window, no need to sell and a young future England player. At minimum he should be a £15 million player, probably looking at another £5 mill for the time of the window. 

Perhaps wherever he goes to will loan him back to us for the season too, makes sense that we're not being linked to any RBs 

That's what i said  a few posts ago

Archived