Jayden Bogle

Sean

43 minutes ago, Archied said:

You do realise Chelsea can’t buy anyone for two windows don’t you?

I understand they've appealed the ban. If that's the case then it could be months before a decision on the appeal is made. This gives the incoming manager (FL or whoever) plenty of time before the next deadline to bring in 2 or 3 quality players - after all, they've got the financial clout to do that.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

im saying this tongue in cheek but one might say

Kyle Walker still isn’t ready defensively for the premiership  either lol, but does alright for himself ?

modern day full backs seem more about what they can do going forward on the ball the defensively off it 

devils advocate and all that 

That would depend on the type of team you are. It works in a possession based attacking team but need defensive defenders in a defensive team

2 minutes ago, sage said:

They are appealing 

When they made the appeal to CAS they had to also apply to have the ban suspended, they didn’t. I was also led to believe it would be suspended automatically but it’s not. It’s almost like they are accepting a one window ban hoping to have the punishment reduced and free to sign players in the January window.

53 minutes ago, David said:

When they made the appeal to CAS they had to also apply to have the ban suspended, they didn’t. I was also led to believe it would be suspended automatically but it’s not. It’s almost like they are accepting a one window ban hoping to have the punishment reduced and free to sign players in the January window.

I haven't read into the details, so you might be able to instantly provide info that snuffs this out, but if this works like vaguely similar regulatory appeals in other industries, then not applying to have any ban suspended results in the governing body fast tracking the appeal - so you get your answer more quickly than you would if you requested the suspension until completion.

So it might be that Chelsea think they can get this undone before this window is over, if they think their appeal holds water, but if they fail they don't get a 2 year ban from the point at which the appeal is concluded (which can be up to 12 months) - which would probably be worse from a financial perspective than two years from last month.

3 hours ago, David said:

Quite possibly correct. Can they loan people in?

16 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Didn't PSG do this with Mbappe, they were under a ban and signed him on loan with a deal agreed to buy him at the end of it?

No.... They did that because they bought neymar for 200 mil in the same window and couldn't splash any more because of ffp or whatever its called for European clubs 

10 minutes ago, PastRAMi said:

No.... They did that because they bought neymar for 200 mil in the same window and couldn't splash any more because of ffp or whatever its called for European clubs 

Ah that's right. Couldn't quite remember the details, just know they'd bent the rules.

I can see that. If Frank goes he's more likely to spunk cash on Bogle than any other top half boss because he's seen him first hand.

Might also see that James is a better prospect and not bother. I'm not having a go at Bogle, but James looks set to just be that bit better. Will probably spend his career in James' shadow.

Good move for Bogle in theory, who knows when that kind of offer could turn up again (same with Frank) and he might find he struggles at a lesser team where he is exposed, but a chance to be Chelsea's long term right back (depending where James settles) would push him into the England reckoning before too long.

At least we'd get a good fee, it's them picking up the next generation like Sibley on the cheap would worry me. 

Archived