Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Are we literally just posting links from Chelsea fans now?

I'm all for sharing related news but there has to be an element of quality control, here.

the guy literally admitted it was a guess further down, shows how reliable it was.

1 hour ago, Shang said:

Because we're riling ourselves up for something that most likely wouldn't happen and we're making a villain of Frank. When the whole Mac and Newcastle situation happened, this forum and social media was a massive echochamber with people speculating based off other peoples speculation. The whole fanbase had built up a level of anger to the point where Steve had no where to go after that, since nothing he said or did made anyone happy. 

I really don't want a similar situation to happen with Lampard and Morris.

In fairness the only people getting riled are the idiots that believe everything they read in the papers!

most of us know it’s a load of balls!

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Are we literally just posting links from Chelsea fans now?

I'm all for sharing related news but there has to be an element of quality control, here.

Didn’t mean it as a reputable sauce, more that Chelsea fans are acting like ITKs when they have no clue, hence the facepalm. On the one hand he says he expects it by done by Friday, then on the other hand he says it’s an educated guess. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I don't believe this news, or hugely care because it's a bit boring, but why do all Chelsea fans think the bounce came from Lampard, not something we'd been doing before after we pinched it from the wendies ?.

The Chelsea bubble is somewhat fascinating I think. So many of them think they have the inside track and yet coincidentally have a podcast or website to promote. They also talk about Lampard like he’s their property and it’s automatic that he would want to head back when it’s just not that simple.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Didn’t mean it as a reputable sauce, more that Chelsea fans are acting like ITKs when they have no clue, hence the facepalm. On the one hand he says he expects it by done by Friday, then on the other hand he says it’s an educated guess. 

I am going to give an educated guess that Friday WILL happen after Thursday. I might be wrong, but I have a gut feeling

It’s also worth pointing out Chelsea are one of the most talked about teams in the world. Also as John Percy said last year, Derby are one of the sides that get a lot of traction when journalists posts stories online. So to peddle the story out for aslong as possible is very much in the journalists interest.

Right so sky finally admit that there hasn’t been an approach for Lampard yet and there won’t be until Sarri goes... you know, the way this hiring manager thing actually works?! We all know they’re considering him so it’d be no great surprise to see them approach him and call him in for an interview but that DOES NOT MEAN he’s 100% getting the job. So don’t panic yet people, anyone saying Lampard going there is done and dusted is talking out their arse. I mean some reports are even claiming Sarri might not be going! Nobody has a duck what they’re talking about, bleeding mourinho an Benitez being mentioned it’s just ridiculous. Media are just peddling anything they can get at the moment. I don’t understand what’s taking so long really mind, juve just need to pay up and it’s over, it’s clear Sarri wants to go so...

Random Twitter “ITKs” making total guesses doesn’t help the situation either.

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I'm pretty sure that if you go back three weeks they'll be an article saying pretty much exactly the same thing.  Sarri could leave, Chelsea could make an approach, Lampard could go...  No facts, just speculation...

2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I'm pretty sure that if you go back three weeks they'll be an article saying pretty much exactly the same thing.  Sarri could leave, Chelsea could make an approach, Lampard could go...  No facts, just speculation...

Ok mate.  

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Right so sky finally admit that there hasn’t been an approach for Lampard yet and there won’t be until Sarri goes... you know, the way this hiring manager thing actually works?! We all know they’re considering him so it’d be no great surprise to see them approach him and call him in for an interview but that DOES NOT MEAN he’s 100% getting the job. So don’t panic yet people, anyone saying Lampard going there is done and dusted is talking out their arse. I mean some reports are even claiming Sarri might not be going! Nobody has a duck what they’re talking about, bleeding mourinho an Benitez being mentioned it’s just ridiculous. Media are just peddling anything they can get at the moment. I don’t understand what’s taking so long really mind, juve just need to pay up and it’s over, it’s clear Sarri wants to go so...

Random Twitter “ITKs” making total guesses doesn’t help the situation either.

Do we even know "they're considering him"?

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Do we even know "they're considering him"?

Well it’s been reported but I still can’t see it myself, what’s he done? Got a team that finished 6th in the championship to finish... 6th again? And that’s qualifies him for the Chelsea job? No way

Surely we are looking at replacements as a contingency? 

For me, Jokanovic is a top contender due to style of play and track record. Sure, I’ve seen on here that he’d be expensive but if we do receive the suggested 4m compensation, surely we won’t be looking to do it on the cheap? By all accounts, Lampard was on big money 

Archived