Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

17 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Sky news reporting Chelsea have approached Derby for permission to talk to Frank. If he is offered the job its unlikely he is going to turn it down is he, its his dream job. I personally do not think he is being disrespectful to MM or Derby if he goes. Anyone who had the chance of landing their dream job would take it and i think he will make a good job at Chelsea, he won't be gone halfway through the season as a lot on here are saying (or hoping) Frank has his head screwed on and Chelsea will flourish with him in charge embargo or no embargo.

Mel now has to make sure the next manager he brings in is in the same mould as Frank and builds with the team we have and the foundations Frank has set

If Frank does go the ball is firmly at MM's feet to get the continuity right

No, Sky are reporting they are EXPECTED to. It's all conjecture at this stage.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve just listened to that report on SSN and they said their understanding is if Chelsea can reach an agreement with Juventus over compensation for Sarri they will then ask for permission from Derby to speak to Lampard.

As the deal with Juventus has not yet been concluded Chelsea have not yet approached Derby for Lampard’s services.

I've always thought its just a boring link up until now. It seems its inevitable now. I'd rather they just got on with it because I want whoever takes over (preferably Jokanovic) to have as long as possible to shape the squad. 

Just hurry up

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

If Chelsea approach us for permission to speak to Lampard then I honestly can't see him turning it down.

Want him to stay, hope he stays. But as far as I'm concerned he's gone.

Be a bonus if he stays.

Same hope we are looking elsewhere 

35 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

YAAAWN !! ,I'm bored with all this mindless wittering,   panicking and downright stirring by WUMs .........get it into your THICK HEADS! . He's going nowhere, he's already said as much , DON'T become the self fulfilling prophecy !! 

Yes he said he was going nowhere whilst Sarri was in a job and Chelsea made no approach for him. However, if Chelsea strike a deal with Juventus and Sarri goes then they are expected to approach us for Lampard. That is what us being reported on Sky Sports. I am not panicking as I expected him to go at some point. When will people realise that we were just a stepping stone for him. He has no loyalty to us. Yes he is grateful we gave him a chance but nothing more. Chelsea is his club and it is highly unlikely he will turn them down.

I'd love it if Chelsea unveiled Frank Lampard SNR.

I've always thought.... it must be a big insult to be the first Frank Lampard and then have to become SNR rather than your son being JR. I have such low self esteem I know it's going to happen to me.

Archived