Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Didn’t mean it as a reputable sauce, more that Chelsea fans are acting like ITKs when they have no clue, hence the facepalm. On the one hand he says he expects it by done by Friday, then on the other hand he says it’s an educated guess. 

I've suspected for ages that are education system is shot and this would add fuel to that view.....

One thing even more incredible than all the bed wetting is people still chomping at the bait Curtains sets out each time he/she posts.

FWIW if Frank goes he goes, we’ve had better managers before and we will have better managers after. He has done a good job and has laid a lot of good foundations but there is no guarantee of a repeat of the relative success of the season just gone particularly given the departure of three of our better players. There are plenty of available managers that would do a good job. Hughton (not a dinosaur as is made out, Brighton played largely good football at this level) would be my choice.

Well I for one would be really disappointed  if he goes.  I would like to think that we could get automatic promotion in the next two seasons if he stays. The only good coming from him leaving is that we may have a better chance of getting some good loans in from Chelski, as Frank will know exactly what we need. Hope his decision comes from his head and not his heart.

17 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Just three months ago the press were reporting that Frank was walking out due to a cancelled Dubai trip, one month later he was on the shortlist for Brighton job, I’m sure there are others out there as well.

Chances are if and when Sari leaves he will be on the shortlist, chances are that if that decision has been made then an informal chat will have happened between Chelsea and Lampard however it’s all speculation. The man with the final call to decide if he is the no 1 target for Chelsea is unwilling to even enter the UK, my recommendation would be to sit back and not worry about it, what will be will be.

1 hour ago, RaichCarter said:

Totally agree except they did hire Roberto di Matteo despite him only managing MK Dons and WBA so yes, he had more experience but it shows they don't always go for the 'top' managers. I hope Frank agrees that right now is an awful time to manage Chelsea - you'd expect he would damage his legacy there if he can't build a team around his system due to the transfer embargo (even considering the high quality of the kids there). He'd be in a hiding to nothing because the fans AND Roman won't both just give him carte blanche to have two transfer windows with zero expectations. 

50/50 I reckon.

Wasn't Di Matteo like Solskjear? A fill in that did well and then they kept him on?

Sith Happens

To be honest Frank is seriously doing my head in, yes i know he has already stated he intends to see out his contract BUT i demand a daily statement from him reiterating this until he retires, anything less shows a total lack of commitment.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Wasn't Di Matteo like Solskjear? A fill in that did well and then they kept him on?

Similarity doesn't end there.

Di Matteo, inevitably, ended up getting the boot fairly shortly after being given the permanent job. You know what I'm about to say...

INT: TABLOID NEWSPAPER SPORTS DESK - DAY

EDITOR
Right then lads, printers roll in an hour, who's got copy for me?  Football news?

REPORTER 1
I've done a piece with the captain of the French women's team.  Some really interesting stuff about the sexism her and her team mates still face despite the best efforts of authorties to make the women's game much more visible and accessible to a wider audience.

EDITOR
HAHAHA, good one.  What have you got really?

REPORTER 1
That's what I've really got.

EDITOR
Clear your desk, you're sacked!

REPORTER 1 grabs a cardboard box and starts emptying his drawers.

EDITOR
Come on then, anybody got anything of use for me?

REPORTER 2
There's just not much happening boss.  Everyone's on holiday.  managers, agents, players, chairmen.  Nobody's making any moves.

EDITOR
Don't talk crap, there's always something going on.  I know my number one guy will have something for me.  (TURNING TO THE CORNER OF THE ROOM)  Well, what you got?  Show these twonks what it takes to be a top journalist round 'ere.

REPORTER 3
Well, I've heard a couple of things this morning.  Nothing on the record but my sources say something's on on the horizon.

EDITOR
You see lads, that's how you do it.  Bit of sniffing round and you come up with print worthy stuff.  (TO REPORTER 3)  Have it on my desk in 20 minutes.

REPORTER 3
Will do

The whole office gest back to work.  Reporter 3 gets up from his desk and strides confidently towards a store cupboard.

REPORTER 2
What do you do in there?  

REPORTER 3
Well I don't want you listening to my calls do I?  Getting in on the scoop.  A good reporter never reveals his sources, you know that.

He opens the door and slips inside.

INT: STORE CUPBOARD - DAY

He flicks on the light and stands, primed for action.

REPORTER 3
Shall we begin.

lo.png

Archived