Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All talksport could do this morning is speak to ex Chelsea players on how Lampard should take the job, no mention from any of them about us giving him his first chance taking a risk on him or anything classless 

37 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Why on Earth would Dean Smith, a life long Villa fan that has just got them back into the PL, be remotely tempted to leave them for a championship team? Have I missed something? 

If we're now at the stage of drawing up a list on this forum of potential replacements then we should probably keep it realistic. For me, I have no view until/unless it's confirmed Frank is leaving. 

dog falling GIF by AFV Pets

Football fans must be about the most gullible people on Earth. Sadly newspapers no longer report 'news' - the vast majority just peddle gossip, most of which they either copy from other rags or quote "our source" or "it's understood" or some other drivel posted on Tw*tter" by some wannabe journalist sitting in his bedroom making it up as he goes along.

If Lampard goes then he goes and we move on but let's wait until Derby County makes some sort of announcement (or doesn't). Those saying MM and / or FL should come out and make a statement (on something or nothing) need to give their heads a shake.

This thread can be hilarious at times though.

2 pages in this morning's Metro on this....basically pulling all of the obvious drivel into one place. 

Ok we get that some Chelsea fans love Frank and he apparently remains "close" to Roman (how does that work if the latters now in Israel? ) 

But there remains insights like "the concern is thought to be whether Lampard has sufficient experience ".

No poo........?

This has the potential to derail our season already. If Chelsea want him then make us an offer. If he wants to go then go don’t prat about. He either stays or he goes. We will obviously need to find a new manager who will turn need time to identify players that he wants. With the window closing earlier than previous seasons we cannot be delaying recruitment. 

2 hours ago, Rambalin said:

From Steve Nicholson in this morning's DET

"Some reports have suggested that Lampard has already held talks with Chelsea, where he is a legend after enjoying a glittering playing career at the Premier League club.

However, it is understood that those reports are wide of the mark"

I'd love Steve Nicholson to explain what wide of the mark means, to me it means it's partly true but not totally true.

Does anybody else think we’ve not released our pre season schedule due to this uncertainty? Noticed most teams have released all the details by now. 

We had a disrupted pre season last year and Frank was already in place this time last year, IF frank does go Wel be another 2-3 weeks behind getting ready for the season. 

In my view Lampard isn't going to Chelsea. All this speculation from us fans is going to be a big problem later down the line. If results are bad next year he's going to be criticised for not making a clear statement he was staying and people would question his commitment at no fault of his own. 

Just now, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Does anybody else think we’ve not released our pre season schedule due to this uncertainty? Noticed most teams have released all the details by now. 

We had a disrupted pre season last year and Frank was already in place this time last year, IF frank does go Wel be another 2-3 weeks behind getting ready for the season. 

No. Pre-season last year was pretty much arranged before Lampard. It was announced after he was manager of course as a view to see his first games in charge. 

3 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

This has the potential to derail our season already. If Chelsea want him then make us an offer. If he wants to go then go don’t prat about. He either stays or he goes. We will obviously need to find a new manager who will turn need time to identify players that he wants. With the window closing earlier than previous seasons we cannot be delaying recruitment. 

Surely the answer is obvious and out of the hands of Derby, Frank or Chelsea. Chelsea can't make an offer until they know if Sarri is staying or going and Frank can't possibly say he want to go until/unless he gets offered the job.

I don't think we can really blame Chelsea or Frank. The first issue (that may or may not cause a knock on effect on us) that needs to be resolved sits somewhere between Juventus and Sarri. Well, that's how I see it anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Shang said:

In my view Lampard isn't going to Chelsea. All this speculation from us fans is going to be a big problem later down the line. If results are bad next year he's going to be criticised for not making a clear statement he was staying and people would question his commitment at no fault of his own. 

Whilst I don't really welcome it, I don't see how speculation amongst us fans is going to be a "big problem" later down the line.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Whilst I don't really welcome it, I don't see how speculation amongst us fans is going to be a "big problem" later down the line.

Because we're riling ourselves up for something that most likely wouldn't happen and we're making a villain of Frank. When the whole Mac and Newcastle situation happened, this forum and social media was a massive echochamber with people speculating based off other peoples speculation. The whole fanbase had built up a level of anger to the point where Steve had no where to go after that, since nothing he said or did made anyone happy. 

I really don't want a similar situation to happen with Lampard and Morris.

In my view, there is absolutely no chance Lampard will be going to Chelsea this summer.  I see the romantic connection but it would be beyond reckless for a top 4 Champions League club to appoint a manager with one year's experience of finishing sixth in the Championship purely on the romantic connection.  It would also be an unwise move for Lampard as, at this stage in his career, he could be finished within six months.  In a year's time, sure.

That being said, I'd rather this Sarri position be resolved so we can all just get on with things and focus on what is important.

6 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

In my view, there is absolutely no chance Lampard will be going to Chelsea this summer.  I see the romantic connection but it would be beyond reckless for a top 4 Champions League club to appoint a manager with one year's experience of finishing sixth in the Championship purely on the romantic connection.  It would also be an unwise move for Lampard as, at this stage in his career, he could be finished within six months.  In a year's time, sure.

That being said, I'd rather this Sarri position be resolved so we can all just get on with things and focus on what is important.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1139336/Pep-Guardiola-Frank-Lampard-Chelsea-return-Maurizio-Sarri-Rio-Ferdinand

4 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Cmon Curtains. You’re still doing it, taking speculation as fact from The Express who have regurgitated junk from TalkSport. It doesn’t prove anything.

It’s just Rio Ferdinand’s opinion 

I have no doubt Frank could do a great job at Chelsea also but if I’m being selfish I want him to stay at Derby for at least another year. 

If Frank wants to go let him go if he is offered the job it’s only fair  

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1139336/Pep-Guardiola-Frank-Lampard-Chelsea-return-Maurizio-Sarri-Rio-Ferdinand

Archived