Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

52 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

To be honest Frank is seriously doing my head in, yes i know he has already stated he intends to see out his contract BUT i demand a daily statement from him reiterating this until he retires, anything less shows a total lack of commitment.

He's going to Newcastle.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

If Chelsea approach us for permission to speak to Lampard then I honestly can't see him turning it down.

Want him to stay, hope he stays. But as far as I'm concerned he's gone.

Be a bonus if he stays.

If he goes to Chelsea, I won't blame him for taking the chance and will wish him well.

it's the waiting that's annoying and will the new person be any good.

3 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

In my opinion if he goes to Chelsea I think it will be the worst move of his career and he will be out on his ear before the season is done. 

Nah - far too much good will from the Chelsea - he'd get one season at least

10 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

In my opinion if he goes to Chelsea I think it will be the worst move of his career and he will be out on his ear before the season is done. 

Agree with first part of what you say but think he may be given a little longer given the goodwill he will receive on arrival. What I don’t get is, if Chelsea is his dream job, the pinnacle of his career, in taking it after only one year in management where does he go afterwards?? Especially if he crashes & burns which is entirely possible given the car crash of a mess Chelsea have got themselves in, it’s his management career over before he’s started. Putting the emotions to one side I can’t see that now is the right time for him to take the hot seat at Chelsea. He’s a sensible level headed guy and he must know this is a massive gamble on his behalf if he takes the job now. 

If he has any sense and loyalty to Mel for giving him the chance, he would stay with us for another year and see his contract out.

Whoever does get the Chelsea job will be sacked by this time next year anyway. It's a bit like dating your female friends. You don't do it as it all turns sour when it ends and Frank's hero status at Chelsea will be forever tarnished.

If Sarri then I believe Chelsea will want Lampard. If the transfer ban isn’t lifted or suspended for appeal then he is the only manager that would most likely accept it and work with the young players. All Chelsea see is what Guardiola did at Barcelona. A former club legend who returns and turns them into the best team in the world.

14 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

If Sarri then I believe Chelsea will want Lampard. If the transfer ban isn’t lifted or suspended for appeal then he is the only manager that would most likely accept it and work with the young players. All Chelsea see is what Guardiola did at Barcelona. A former club legend who returns and turns them into the best team in the world.

YAAAWN !! ,I'm bored with all this mindless wittering,   panicking and downright stirring by WUMs .........get it into your THICK HEADS! . He's going nowhere, he's already said as much , DON'T become the self fulfilling prophecy !! 

Sky news reporting Chelsea have approached Derby for permission to talk to Frank. If he is offered the job its unlikely he is going to turn it down is he, its his dream job. I personally do not think he is being disrespectful to MM or Derby if he goes. Anyone who had the chance of landing their dream job would take it and i think he will make a good job at Chelsea, he won't be gone halfway through the season as a lot on here are saying (or hoping) Frank has his head screwed on and Chelsea will flourish with him in charge embargo or no embargo.

Mel now has to make sure the next manager he brings in is in the same mould as Frank and builds with the team we have and the foundations Frank has set

If Frank does go the ball is firmly at MM's feet to get the continuity right

23 minutes ago, admira said:

If he has any sense and loyalty to Mel for giving him the chance, he would stay with us for another year and see his contract out.

Whoever does get the Chelsea job will be sacked by this time next year anyway. It's a bit like dating your female friends. You don't do it as it all turns sour when it ends and Frank's hero status at Chelsea will be forever tarnished.

I agree regarding the risks of going to Chelsea but I wouldn't be playing the loyalty card against him. We all know the length of a managers contract counts for little on both sides.

My hope is if, and it's still a massive if, Sarri does go and Chelsea want to speak to him he declines the opportunity for the reasons you've described. 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chelsea-set-make-approach-frank-2971031

Derby Telegraph - 

As Derbyshire Live reported on Tuesday evening , contrary to some reports, no talks have yet been held between Chelsea and Lampard, and no official approach made by the Blues at this stage.

That remains the case at the time of writing - though it is looking increasingly likely that the Europa League champions could come calling to ask for permission to speak to the 40-year-old if Sarri's position becomes vacant.

My experience is that Steve Nicholson/DT always write less than they actually know. For 'increasingly likely', I reckon we can read, 'has already been agreed and they're just sorting out the PR.' Just watch, there'll be a two hour Sportscene special phone in tomorrow on RD.

Archived