Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Curtains said:

It’s just Rio Ferdinand’s opinion 

Opinion doesn’t equal fact. You’ve been taking a lot of opinion as fact lately from those “journalists” who say he should go to Chelsea. 

It’s the close season, these people are paid to bring in clicks and ad revenue when nothing is going on. Nothing easier than this link. 

I have to question why you believe all these so called journalists and paper talk but don’t believe our own manager when he said he was staying and had two years left on his contract?

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Opinion doesn’t equal fact. You’ve been taking a lot of opinion as fact lately from those “journalists” who say he should go to Chelsea. 

It’s the close season, these people are paid to bring in clicks and ad revenue when nothing is going on. Nothing easier than this link. 

I have to question why you believe all these so called journalists and paper talk but don’t believe our own manager when he said he was staying and had two years left on his contract?

Mate if Frank wants to go let him go and if he doesn’t he will stay for a short while but where’s the stability in that. 

He would be mad to stay at Derby if they wanted him 

11 minutes ago, Shang said:

Because we're riling ourselves up for something that most likely wouldn't happen and we're making a villain of Frank. When the whole Mac and Newcastle situation happened, this forum and social media was a massive echochamber with people speculating based off other peoples speculation. The whole fanbase had built up a level of anger to the point where Steve had no where to go after that, since nothing he said or did made anyone happy. 

I really don't want a similar situation to happen with Lampard and Morris.

OK, I understand but, I don't really see it like that. If this saga drags on but Frank still ends up staying then I don't personally feel there will be serious bad feelings towards him and I don't think many of us would cast him as a villain. We'll never know but, the same may have been true if Steve had ended up staying.

I'm not sure the "whole fan base" had built up a level of anger towards Steve (don't assume everything you read on social media represents the views of the majority) and, (in my view) Steve wasn't looking for ways to make everyone happy and stay at Derby.

Finally, I don't think our speculations will influence the relationship between Frank and Mel.

Just now, Curtains said:

Mate if Frank wants to go let him go and if he doesn’t he will stay for a short while but where’s the stability in that. 

Standard Curtains response of not even acknowledging what was said to him.

He can't go if Chelsea don't come in for him and so far they haven't and they probably wont. This isn't a competing Championship club coming in for him, this is a top 3 team with a place in the Champions League who aren't probably going to go for such inexperience. Wake up.

33 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'd love Steve Nicholson to explain what wide of the mark means, to me it means it's partly true but not totally true.

I'm worried about Steve Nicholson so I'm saving him a job.  Here's some synonyms for 'wide of the mark'....

inaccurate

incorrect

wrong

erroneous

irrelevant

inapplicable

inapposite

Hope this helps everyone.

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

Standard Curtains response of not even acknowledging what was said to him.

He can't go if Chelsea don't come in for him and so far they haven't and they probably wont. This isn't a competing Championship club coming in for him, this is a top 3 team with a place in the Champions League who aren't probably going to go for such inexperience. Wake up.

They haven’t yet because they can’t until Sarri is out the door. .

11 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Cmon Curtains. You’re still doing it, taking speculation as fact from The Express who have regurgitated junk from TalkSport. It doesn’t prove anything.

It's the Express - everything in the Express is the gospel truth, so it doesn't really matter because Yellowstone is going to erupt and we'll all be raptured, almost 22 years after Diana.

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

FINALLY. So stop bloody panicking! 

I’m not panicking I couldn’t care less which seems the opposite to you .

Derby County is bigger than any individual and if he goes he goes. .

Why don’t you like the speculation and how can you stop it. 

Naybe we should talk knitting or something and not Football stuff. 

Just now, eddie said:

It's the Express - everything in the Express is the gospel truth, so it doesn't really matter because Yellowstone is going to erupt and we'll all be raptured, almost 22 years after Diana.

You saying Rio Ferdinand is lying 

Just now, Curtains said:

I’m not panicking I couldn’t care less which seems the opposite to you .

Derby County is bigger than any individual and if he goes he goes. .

Why don’t you like the speculation and how can you stop it. 

Naybe we should talk knitting or something and not Football stuff. 

You're backpedaling now, you've been the worst for the panic. The vast majority of us aren't pooping ourselves at false reports in the newspapers, you're the one who is!

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

You're backpedaling now, you've been the worst for the panic. The vast majority of us aren't pooping ourselves at false reports in the newspapers, you're the one who is!

Couldn’t care less mate but you seem infatuated with Frank. 

5 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I'm thinking of starting a rumour that everyone on here is being cheated on by their wife / husband / partner.  I reckon the meltdown in here, triggered by having something real to worry about, would break the internet.

Imagine that DCFCFans breaks the internet. Wow!

I was cheated on by my wife and husband so please don't go there. 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You saying Rio Ferdinand is lying 

If you're referring to what Rio said in the mail then he just seems to expressing his opinion that Frank is the best fit for the Chelsea job. Opinion is not a fact and therefore he is neither lying or telling the truth (unless, of course, that's not his true opinion).

Has he said anything else other than his opinion?

Archived