Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of now- Frank has said he wants to stay at Derby (various quotes since the Villa game). 

Not one official team link has any statement around Frank meeting with or expressing interest in the position

It’s been bookies and off-season column line fodder that’s so far fueled all of this. 

If he leaves, he leaves- and we go again.

So I assume the next time Lampards spotted in/around Derby, everybody will be on here blasting that Frank must be talking with Mel about an extension?! Ok- look forward to that. 

COYR!

5 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Drogba is renting Frank's house while he's up here doing God's work.

After a hearty mix grill at his local Hungry Horse, he went back to Frank's gaff and promptly laid a bunker buster in the en-suite, and embarrassingly had to call in his landlord to unblock the toilet.

Frank tried Pimlico Plumbers, but after hearing it was £250 call out charge swiftly donned his scruffs and headed south to sort it.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Jram said:

For God's sake, Mel, just announce Rowett already. 

Maybe him and Ledley can have a joint signing session closely followed by Huddz signing a 5 year extension. 

Eeeek can't wait for those sweet clipped passes into the channels, the tension when one of our strikers gets within 15 yards of the ball. 

I also liked it when he tried to say "th", so adorable. 

I'm sure you all agree 

spacer.png

"Welcome home Frank".

"Thanks Marina. Please can we have Tomori back?"

"Wait Frank, there's something else I want to offer you..."

"Mount??!!! Fantastic!"

"How would you like to manage all of the Chelsea players Frank?"

"You're giving us Abraham and Hudson-Odoi too? Cool. But we can only have 5. FA rules and all that, Marina."

"Don't get me started on rules Frank. No, Frank, you and Jody come back to Chelsea and be our manager for one or two, at the most, years?"

"But we are Derby. The mighty, mighty Derby. Everywhere we go, people want to know who we are, where we come from. So we tell them, we are the Derby, the mighty, mighty Derby."

"Ok Frank, we'll come back to you in a couple of years."

"So can we have Tomori and Mount back?"

"Yeah ok"

"Abraham..."

"Bye Frank"

Chris Hughton, Dean Smith, Danny Cowley and Slavisa Jokanovic have all been mentioned to me as potential successors to Lampard were he to leave, but the outright favourite is former West Ham boss Slaven Bilic.

Do any of these names appeal?

30 minutes ago, Oldben said:

have all been mentioned to me as potential successors to Lampard

Are you involved in the decision making at Pride Park? Or are you a serious fact-finding journalist looking to write an analytical thinkpiece for a highly reputable site like footybantz.com or soccergossipgirls.co.uk?

Arghhhhhh!!!!!!

Theres too much noise around this for there to be no truth in it.

This isn’t going away boys and girls, the connection is obvious. I’m fed up with hearing various ex footballers and pundits telling us it’s a no brainer for Frank and Jody. 

Ive accepted the inevitable, thought/ hoped it would be in 2-3 years time but it looks like we are going to be a captain less ship again before the start of 2019/20 season. 

We cant get a run of stability here and it’s going to put us back in our progression as a club. 

And the final kick in the spuds would be.....

Id have to change my avatar if Frank left too ????

Archived