Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Been thinking about how well our Mel has handled this, and recalled a similar scenario occurring with one of Frank's relatives.

Anyone remember when Harry Redknapp was managing Tottenham and he was asked if he wanted to become the England manager? Think it was on MOTD. Obviously, he said yes. Didn't get it. But Daniel Levy was so disappointed by his brazen lack of loyalty to Tottenham that he got rid of him anyway!

I could see a similar thing happening here, now. Whether it should or shouldn't. I think the fanbase have turned on him now after all this and I'd be surprised to see him stay as the manager of Derby County regardless of how things end up with Chelsea.

Also: Chelsea have again cemented themselves as one of the worst run clubs in the country. Constant disregard for other clubs. Disrespectful from top to bottom. 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Been thinking about how well our Mel has handled this, and recalled a similar scenario occurring with one of Frank's relatives.

Anyone remember when Harry Redknapp was managing Tottenham and he was asked if he wanted to become the England manager? Think it was on MOTD. Obviously, he said yes. Didn't get it. But Daniel Levy was so disappointed by his brazen lack of loyalty to Tottenham that he got rid of him anyway!

I could see a similar thing happening here, now. Whether it should or shouldn't. I think the fanbase have turned on him now after all this and I'd be surprised to see him stay as the manager of Derby County regardless of how things end up with Chelsea.

Also: Chelsea have again cemented themselves as one of the worst run clubs in the country. Constant disregard for other clubs. Disrespectful from top to bottom. 

Nothing like that 

1 minute ago, alexxxxx said:

What could be taking so long, seriously?

Reluctance on either Chelsea or Lampards part...or both.

The one bit of reported news that hasn’t so far been proved correct is Chelsea were reluctant on lampards backroom staff, it’s quite possible they want an experienced assistant but Lampard wants to stick with Jody. That’s pure guesswork but I’m only going on the one bit of the story that hasn’t been proven correct.

Best bit is that Mel looks to be forcing them into a reluctant partnership. 

Just now, TuffLuff said:

Reluctance on either Chelsea or Lampards part...or both.

The one bit of reported news that hasn’t so far been proved correct is Chelsea were reluctant on lampards backroom staff, it’s quite possible they want an experienced assistant but Lampard wants to stick with Jody. That’s pure guesswork but I’m only going on the one bit of the story that hasn’t been proven correct.

Best bit is that Mel looks to be forcing them into a reluctant partnership. 

Nothing like that either. 

Bit like when Bryson talked to Burnley - we persuaded him to stay, but things were never the same afterwards. The announcement effectively says that Frank has burnt his bridges with us - and any goodwill we felt towards him is disappearing by the hour....

This farce needs sorting asap and we need a new manager (again)

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Thanks for that input 

oops - had a bit of a problem there!!! ?

I was going to mention that I met Ian Wright many years ago and had quite a long chat with him about football in general. Thought he talked a lot of sense and his predictions for that season were spot on even though it was relatively early in the season. I've always respected his opinion ever since - came over as a really nice person too.

That statement to me is a point of no return. The first few days of pre season might not be vital if Frank is staying but they are for a new manager. A perfect time to get to know the players, get yourself settled in.

Chelsea don't care about their reputation in the game, goodwill and all that. Frank being the Chelsea legend that he is, you would think would have the power to have sorted this by now for the best intetests of the club that currently pays him. 

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I really do see your point but I don’t think the fan base has turned on Frank. And there is also the small question of compensation. Add in that there had to have been a tacit and mutual understanding that Frank and Chelsea were or are always going to have a love in at some point 

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Nothing like that either. 

You said someone told you it would be all sorted ‘by the end of the week’ two weeks ago. Now you want to act like you know more than anyone else again?

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

You said someone told you it woukd be all sorted ‘by the end of the week’ two weeks ago. Now you want to act like you know more than anyone else again?

You are making stupid statements like alluding to MM is driving Frank out of Derby. 

Archived