Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jono said:

I really do see your point but I don’t think the fan base has turned on Frank. And there is also the small question of compensation. Add in that there had to have been a tacit and mutual understanding that Frank and Chelsea were or are always going to have a love in at some point 

I suspect the more people see our players returning for pre-season while our manager is away feathering his own nest, the more fans will turn - yes we knew he'd want to go, but if he is so desperate for the job, why spend weeks on holiday before having the discussions? We all know there are ways around the 'official approach' rules - this could have been sorted as soon as Chelsea let Sarri go if they or (not so) super Frank had got their act together - as it is, it's causing maximum damage to our preparations and (it appears) the golden boy who supposedly has such a great link to Derby couldn't actually give a toss.....

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

We go to Florida on Thursday, right?

I'v been to the states a few times and if you've not got the right paper work, visa waiver etc you don't get in. so any new manager if there is one will need all that.

1 minute ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

And this is why you're not on the board

And neither are you. The damage is done now, Frank won't be able to come back from this, a lot of our fans have already turned on him, he's gotta go one way or another. 

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

If Lampard's move to Chelsea falls through now, we should fire him.

Could you fund that then please?

Cancelling a managers contract like that costs money - Probably quite a lot - Plus would cost us a significant amount of good will around football, with the current squad and with teams who recently sent us players on loan

Not like we have to worry about it anyway - Him not turning up for work today is a very strong indicator that he isn't coming back

Just now, cheron85 said:

Could you fund that then please?

Cancelling a managers contract like that costs money - Probably quite a lot - Plus would cost us a significant amount of good will around football, with the current squad and with teams who recently sent us players on loan

Not like we have to worry about it anyway - Him not turning up for work today is a very strong indicator that he isn't coming back

No, do you fancy paying for our summer signings?

Why should that cost us good will? We've been completely professional around it, but I don't think you should keep a manager who doesn't want to be here. 

5 minutes ago, Geriatram said:

I'v been to the states a few times and if you've not got the right paper work, visa waiver etc you don't get in. so any new manager if there is one will need all that.

He will need an ESTA form. Takes 5 minutes online.

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You are making stupid statements like alluding to MM is driving Frank out of Derby. 

Nope, I alluded to their being a stumbling block between Chelsea and Lampard and used the one bit of reporting that hasn’t so far surfaced as true. I then said Mel may be pushing them into it by saying it needs sorting by Wednesday.

29 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Well, no turning back now. I personally wouldn't even want him to stay at this point. Dragged on way too long for whatever reason. Always did prefer Gerrard and Scholes.. ?

Steven Gerrard has reinstated himself as my favourite English midfielder in my lifetime.

24 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Reluctance on either Chelsea or Lampards part...or both.

The one bit of reported news that hasn’t so far been proved correct is Chelsea were reluctant on lampards backroom staff, it’s quite possible they want an experienced assistant but Lampard wants to stick with Jody. That’s pure guesswork but I’m only going on the one bit of the story that hasn’t been proven correct.

Best bit is that Mel looks to be forcing them into a reluctant partnership. 

Mel forcing them into a reluctant partnership.

What do yo mean ! 

9 minutes ago, Geriatram said:

You can complete an ESTA on the day of travel now.

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

No, do you fancy paying for our summer signings?

Why should that cost us good will? We've been completely professional around it, but I don't think you should keep a manager who doesn't want to be here. 

Correct we wa all slagging off Maclaren...

Has anyone given a thought that Petr Cech's return to Chelsea as a tactical/performance advisor being a stumbling block in Franks return to Chelsea.

Would Frank take to Cech making comments about the style of play/players used,would Chelsea want Shay as a goalkeeping coach.Would he be expected to be Franks #2. I think Cech will have a big role to play at Chelsea

Cech has also allegedly said very recently"Lampard isn't the only manager in the frame".

15 minutes ago, Geriatram said:

Maybe he already has it? Maybe they're already got all that ironed out. Pretty sure sports and entertainment personalities have a special dispensation with visa's and working on them. I wouldn't be worrying about the new manager not getting let into the country!

Archived