Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

5 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

So we're planning on having no manager in place the day players come back for pre-season? For the sake of a few mil? 

Doesnt really make sense

It makes no sense at all, and it contradicts itself. People claiming to be something they’re not on Twitter “I hear reports” etc, probably a 14 year old with nothing better to do. 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, muttley72 said:

Another reliable report with his 10 followers, Reports that Frank will be announced 1st July to help with FFP, then says he’s staying, and if it gets to July 2 he’s definitely staying ?

E0A291D3-F8D4-497F-9477-9D60F0D3734D.jpeg

Surely FFP would only take affect when any Derby signed an agreement with Chelsea for Franks services, I very much doubt that FFP would take affect from a press announcement. The Tweeter is certainly hedging his bets "if we get to July 2nd he's defiantly staying" ? ?

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Ex Sky Reports... ?

Get a life. What is wrong with people? 

Why can't people just be happy with who they are? Why do so many people need a stage?

It's sad in a couple of ways. 

Attention whore's gotta whore.

No idea when Frank returns from holiday, but when he does I guess one of his first tasks will be delivering his decision to Mel.

Either, thanks for the contract offer, let's go again and try to get promoted, or thanks but I really would like to speak to Chelsea.

This next week is gonna be interesting.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

No idea when Frank returns from holiday, but when he does I guess one of his first tasks will be delivering his decision to Mel.

Either, thanks for the contract offer, let's go again and try to get promoted, or thanks but I really would like to speak to Chelsea.

Maybe him and Christine are having fortnight away or they may have had a discussion like this 

Christine: “Shall we a week or two weeks in Lloret”

Frank: “A weeks not long enough and a fortnight is too long, shall we have 10 nights?”

Christine “OK duck” 

We won’t be hearing owt until Wednesday earliest.

21 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I would guess this weekend? Would leave him a week before players return. 

Has he gone yet?

I’ve had students master the future perfect passive in a shorter time than this.

You’ve got to love how we are being portrayed - poor little Derby desperately clinging on to relevance by offering Frank a £10 million contract, which he’ll reject because he’s a scholar and a gentleman and throwing money at him won’t stop the inevitable - him leaving and Derby going into freefall.

To be honest, I’ll be glad when he’s gone and the circus moves on.

Maybe then we can get back to focusing on football and appreciating that no manager is bigger than the club. There was life before Frank and there will be life after Frank.

I’ll be glad to see us appoint a manager with a lower profile. Someone to focus on moving the club forward, someone who can just get on with their business quietly, making our club and our future their priority.

Our first game of the season is 6 weeks away. 6 weeks is a long time in football but unless the club have set the wheels in motion long before now, I am not sure any new manager will be best placed to prepare for another challenging season ahead.

32 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Maybe him and Christine are having fortnight away or they may have had a discussion like this 

Christine: “Shall we a week or two weeks in Lloret”

Frank: “A weeks not long enough and a fortnight is too long, shall we have 10 nights?”

Christine “OK duck” 

We won’t be hearing owt until Wednesday earliest.

You missed the bit about getting the dogs in the kennells. 

14 hours ago, RamNut said:

There's a chance that Derby might make a complaint about an illegal approach. This could all turn a bit nasty yet. 

I don’t think so, I hope they’ll see the bigger picture with keeping a close relationship with them 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Ex Sky Reports... ?

Get a life. What is wrong with people? 

Why can't people just be happy with who they are? Why do so many people need a stage?

It's sad in a couple of ways. 

I was saying just as much on my youtube channel yesterday. check out my opinion on SageKnowsFookAll

1 hour ago, muttley72 said:

Another reliable report with his 10 followers, Reports that Frank will be announced 1st July to help with FFP, then says he’s staying, and if it gets to July 2 he’s definitely staying ?

E0A291D3-F8D4-497F-9477-9D60F0D3734D.jpeg

Just checked FFP year end figures in order to rubbish this claim. That would only work if the FFP year started July 1. Actually FFP is worked out on the individual club's financial year. Our FFP start date is July 1...doh!

I can see the logic for this, if the club was already in very close contact with the next manager, so recruitment/retention decisions could still be made. £4m is a big chunk of cash in our accounts and could actually allow upto about £16m of spending on players.

The problem is though, football managers tend to high profile people. Agents tend to talk a lot. People inside the game have networks of friends, families, work colleagues etc. The likelihood of DCFC being able to keep something like this under wraps is so low as to be implausible.

Archived