Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

This is Frank being devious.  Gets his friends to stir up Derby fans and turn against him, so Mel will be easier to deal with. 

Say it with me, we want you here Frank, gonna love you and squeeze you and lock you in a box and keep you forever!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait until next week when Chelsea appoint Benitez after his contract with Newcastle runs out

At first i wasnt too bothered if frank stayed or went as long as it was sorted quickly. I now want him to stay just to spite all the ex players & media 

So now Frank is being endorsed by Rio Ferdinand?

It’s like a presidential election!

Funny thing is, if Frank goes to Chelsea and lays an egg, with all his wisdom and insight, you can be sure Rio will be the first one to pipe up on BT Sport saying the exact opposite.

1 minute ago, ramit said:

This is Frank being devious.  Gets his friends to stir up Derby fans and turn against him, so Mel will be easier to deal with. 

Say it with me, we want you here Frank, gonna love you and squeeze you and lock you in a box and keep you forever!

Or say it with me - we’re not that bothered. 

If Chelsea want to spunk up a wad of cash for an untested manager just because he’s popular with the fans, more fool them. 

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Or say it with me - we’re not that bothered. 

If Chelsea want to spunk up a wad of cash for an untested manager just because he’s popular with the fans, more fool them. 

Or that, as long as we drive a hard bargain if he goes to Chelsea

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I've said from the very start, it would not surprise me if everything we are seeing is all part of the grand master plan.

Drogba, Harry Redknapp, Jamie Redknapp, Rio Ferdinand, even Glenn Johnson is getting in on the act now.

Frank Lampard clearly has access to social media as demonstrated by liking selected posts, so either he or Jody Morris could get on the blower and ask the likes of Didier to pack it on.

Remember Lampard and Drogba met for lunch little over a week ago, since that meeting Drogba has been very vocal!

I'd like Frank to stay, simply for the continuity of management, not because I think he's top drawer, not yet at least.

Promising, nothing less and nothing more, the talk we're seeing of the great football played and how he managed the younger players is selective memory at best, but I liked the direction of travel.

The sort of social media posts we're seeing make that harder imo.

As I posted much earlier in this thread, I've been told he'd committed his future to us, and urged everyone to disregard any speculation, but the actions of his associates are making it difficult to believe that, and that is in his power to stop.

The fact he hasn't is disappointing to say the least.

Even if he stays now, we'll only have to wade through this crap every time Chelsea are underperforming, and there are plenty of managers out there with a better track record and easily available, who don't attract this Circus.

6 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Fair enough. I guess I was talking about the general principle though. What if it was another club, against whom we have no animosity, trying to force Derby to show their hand?

I wouldn't expect Derby to do this to any club .  Things like this should take a week or so .   No reason for any longer. 

9 minutes ago, ramit said:

Or that, as long as we drive a hard bargain if he goes to Chelsea

Some geezer on talk sport last night reckons its just pen on paper and despite knowing ' nothing about Derby' his words - reckons the word is we are holding it up due to the payoff clause and are fishing for money - that's right , we actually want the money due to us as part of Lampards contract -the audacity .

36 minutes ago, Sean said:

Perhaps Frank is having doubts about the job and is staying here so his mates are doing all they can to convince him...wishful thinking?

Or as I have posted and had a gut feeling for a while perhaps Chelsea are not sure about frank for the job yet and frank and his mates / family are putting pressure on Chelsea to give him it ,, can you imagine the uproar from fans now if they don’t offer it to frank?

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

Or as I have posted and had a gut feeling for a while perhaps Chelsea are not sure about frank for the job yet and frank and his mates / family are putting pressure on Chelsea to give him it ,, can you imagine the uproar from fans now if they don’t offer it to frank?

Drogba and Ferdinand . Bigger arses on show than Kenny Burns in a pair of budgie smugglers.   How much longer should we put with this poo . 

The people that are showing all the class in this are Frank,Mel and Chelsea by refusing to rise to the bait and make comments to please the media.

Apart from Mel dead batting the speculation by confirming no contact there is nothing more to be said right now.

Frank is on holiday with his family and like you and me wants a break from work and he is entitled to some privacy.

Chelsea are only going to comment once they are in a position to make a appointment be it Frank or someone else.

This is the way things should be done....let the media have their frenzy they are only working on opinions and speculation and supporters desperate for news lap it up.

17 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yes and they give it to whoever (Rafa?) If he doesn’t go within the next week, he will go when whoever (Rafa?) gets sacked in October/ November which will really be the worst case for us ☹️

6 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

The people that are showing all the class in this are Frank,Mel and Chelsea by refusing to rise to the bait and make comments to please the media.

Apart from Mel dead batting the speculation by confirming no contact there is nothing more to be said right now.

Frank is on holiday with his family and like you and me wants a break from work and he is entitled to some privacy.

Chelsea are only going to comment once they are in a position to make a appointment be it Frank or someone else.

This is the way things should be done....let the media have their frenzy they are only working on opinions and speculation and supporters desperate for news lap it up.

Totally agree with this - personally believe that this is the reading for any delay.  Frank is on holiday & the media frenzy will only ramp up when contact is made

14 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Well that s not quite true given the video posted with the should I stay or should I go stuff ,,, having fun on holiday is one thing but please please please don’t try to pretend that lampard and Christeen are just so Media un savvy they chose to post that and surprise surprise it’s picked up on by all and sundry , these are a couple who have spent / do spend their whole career in the spotlight and know exactly the results of what they choose to put out on public platforms

33 minutes ago, belper.dcfc said:

200% spot on !!!

1000000% spot on  !!!! If Frank was the person we thought he was he’d have sent a message to his “mates” asking them to lay off commenting on the situation as it’s disrespectful to us And yes I know he’s on holiday but 30 seconds of his time is that too much to ask !!! 

Archived