Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/06/2019 at 12:24, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I just hope @Carl Sagan didn't witness that detour into Flat Earth conspiracies.

I come on every few days at the moment but fortunately the thread is too long to read through so they've passed me me. I'm not sure I believe anyone is actually stupid enough to contemplate that - really I think it's a way to troll outraged rational people who are determined to demonstrate otherwise. While the trolls snigger having got the rise out of them. Exactly the same with the Moon landings.

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I come on every few days at the moment but fortunately the thread is too long to read through so they've passed me me. I'm not sure I believe anyone is actually stupid enough to contemplate that - really I think it's a way to troll outraged rational people who are determined to demonstrate otherwise. While the trolls snigger having got the rise out of them. Exactly the same with the Moon landings.

Moon landings?

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Ironically, it’s the moon landings that give ammunition to the flat earthers.

4 minutes ago, cymru said:

Derby says that Chelsea have not made an approach and then drogba says he is in talks fgs Derby tell us the truth this is going on to long now

Derby are telling the truth.

A fan bumped into mel morris at markeaton petrol station and asked him what was going on.

he got it straight from the horses mouth.....

Mel is having pasta with a side salad.

15 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Just one?

One is a starter.

We then move on to "Two's not enough, three's nowhere near enough".

2 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

I come on here to see if Franks gone yet, and end up finding out what you are all scoffing and that Eddie has been on a pub crawl!! 

If you cant beat them, join them... Its kabanos hot dogs in sexy Sweden tonight. 

never really into real ales but been out this afternoon and had four pints of something called plum porter . Quite nice .  Its given me the mental clarity to decide that I don't want Lampard here anymore . Him and his mates and relatives have been annoying me for a fortnight with instagram videos and comments .  Drogba is the last straw .  I really wouldn't want him here in any capacity regardless of whether he's offered the Chelsea job or not .  TA TA see you at Brentford in a year when you get the boot if you are Chelsea bound.. In the meantime we'll crack on like we have for 135 years .

16 minutes ago, cymru said:

Derby says that Chelsea have not made an approach and then drogba says he is in talks fgs Derby tell us the truth this is going on to long now

Agreed it's gone on far too long but if Derby say there's been no approach are you suggesting they're lying? If not, what else do you want them to come out and say - Drogba's fibbing?

I'd like to be wrong, but I think there is a little too much smoke from a variety of sources, ex team mate, family and media for there not to be a fire. I want to believe he's true to his word in the interview after the play off final.
Disappointed in the way it's played out and how the club has been treated if true.

The club is bigger than the individual and will still be here when this mess is sorted out. Let's crack on.....

7 minutes ago, cymru said:

Why are you so sure that it is Derby who are lying in this instance?

Personally, I think it's taking so long because neither Lampard nor the Chelsea board wanted this outcome right now. I think Lamps might know its a little too early for him but he's finding it really hard to turn down the Chelsea job, while the Chelsea board didn't have Lampard as their number one choice, don't quite think he's ready and are sort of being forced into it through a lack of options and fan pressure. If both sides were as keen on the deal as the media has been making out, it would have been before the door had even finished closing on Sarri and we're relatively powerless to stop it happening.

That's not to say I think he's staying, I'm 50/50 at the moment. I do however think the longer it goes on, the less likely he is to leave.

Archived