Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not at the moment,  they care far to much about themselves and how there shafting our supposed tinpot club to leave room for anyone else - narcissistic ball bags . When things go pear shaped following this I will.  I'll be delighted .

Fair enough. I guess I was talking about the general principle though. What if it was another club, against whom we have no animosity, trying to force Derby to show their hand?

8 hours ago, I8Forest78 said:

If reports are true that hes told players hes going if the right offer comes in!!Then I say bye Frank!!The players now know that if the offer dont come in his heart aint in it!!Just want this over now!!

I feel fairly confident that if Frank stayed because Chelsea didn't make him an offer no one would be able to accuse him of not having his heart in doing his best at Derby. Chelsea might be his dream job but I'm sure he's sensible enough to accept it might not happen either now or at any time.

By the way, I 100% don't believe he would have said such a thing to the players anyway. 

Well it’s the start of another week...usually I’d say no news is good news ?. The one thing that has unsettled me a bit is Michael Johnson’s Sky interview.  Until that I was confident that both clubs (despite the official “no formal approach has been made” line) were probably discussing the “if, buts and maybe’s”, so that we were confident of either him staying or letting us prepare “informally” for when he goes. Johnno’s interview (which him speaking as club ambassador, so presumably with DCFC’s knowledge) suggests that the club are as in the dark as anyone else, that is concerning, being just a week away from players returning. I’m sure that Mel is working on Plan B, but unless we know who is sitting in the dug our next season we can’t sensibly recruit in a season when more than ever we need to be looking to bring in fresh blood. I hope that once back Frank will be up front with Mel at least, that will be really telling of the regard he has for the man (and club) that gave him his chance. If Frank has had “informal chats” with Chelsea and has been told he will be offered, then he should come clean with Derby County and say it, if he’s had no contact, then at this point I would be saying  “as the new season is getting close, and we need to make preparations, my loyalty has to lie with the club, and for my own certainty”. If he’s refusing to sign the extension and saying “I’ll wait and see what happens” then if I were Mel I’d withdraw the extension, if he’s not willing to show any loyalty then neither should we. 

Of course, it might all be sorted already and wheels in motion, Johnno might be in the dark but senior folk are aware...who knows? As fans we can only speculate, I don’t expect statements for my benefit, I just hope that Frank is giving Mel and the Club the respect they deserve for giving a rookie a go, anything less than that and he will lose the admiration of all of us that went with him, and probably a lot of neutral people that see Frank as someone with integrity...how he handles himself now could influence his future career after Chelsea. 

So how many more pages before we know? Are Sky Bets giving odds? 

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/22/chelsea-expect-confirm-frank-lampard-appointment-next-week-10029535/

18 hours ago - Chelsea expect to confirm Frank Lampard appointment next week

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/22/chelsea-bosses-worried-frank-lampards-inexperienced-backroom-team-10030625/

10 hours ago - Chelsea bosses worried about Frank Lampard’s inexperienced backroom team

Journos starting to backtrack already - Suggests to me they were all writing with zero evidence last week and now worried because Chelsea haven't actually made an approach yet

Any of the "no smoke without fire" people on here want to analyse this latest 'rumour'?

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/22/chelsea-bosses-worried-frank-lampards-inexperienced-backroom-team-10030625/

10 hours ago - Chelsea bosses worried about Frank Lampard’s inexperienced backroom team

Laughable that Chelsea staff would be happy to appoint Lampard but would have doubts over Morris, who has achieved a lot more in his coaching career so far...

6 minutes ago, Sean said:

Laughable that Chelsea staff would be happy to appoint Lampard but would have doubts over Morris, who has achieved a lot more in his coaching career so far...

Unfortunately Morris didn't score 200 odd goals so he might not be good enough 

32 minutes ago, Sean said:

That's the funny thing, I'm not so much gutted about losing Lampard, his tactics at times are baffling, but Jody is the bloke I would miss the most.

If Chelsea took Frank and gave us 4 million, we made Jody manager and Chelsea then loaned us Tomori and another, I think that would be amazing all round.

30 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That's the funny thing, I'm not so much gutted about losing Lampard, his tactics at times are baffling, but Jody is the bloke I would miss the most.

If Chelsea took Frank and gave us 4 million, we made Jody manager and Chelsea then loaned us Tomori and another, I think that would be amazing all round.

I'm sorry, but how can you possibly know what Jody Morris has contributed?

13 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm sorry, but how can you possibly know what Jody Morris has contributed?

Jody has coached for a few seasons now, he has worked with some of the countries best young players at Chelsea, he has helped to develop Tammy Abraham, Tomori, Mount, Hudson-Odoi etc etc. The youth teams won many a competition under Jody Morris, he has that winning mentality when it comes to coaching.

Lampard on the other hand, he is a born winner as a player, but as many legendary players have proved, that means nothing when it comes to management.

I can't prove anything, but, if we lost Morris and kept Lampard, I would expect to be in a worse position than losing Lampard and making Morris manager.

36 minutes ago, muttley72 said:

Another reliable report with his 10 followers, Reports that Frank will be announced 1st July to help with FFP, then says he’s staying, and if it gets to July 2 he’s definitely staying ?

E0A291D3-F8D4-497F-9477-9D60F0D3734D.jpeg

So we're planning on having no manager in place the day players come back for pre-season? For the sake of a few mil? 

Doesnt really make sense

5 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Crazy, but maybe Chelsea are waiting on Rafas contract to expire next week and appoint him?

Maybe, he was interim coach before but incredibly unpopular with fans despite winning Europa league

Archived