Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

33 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I’ll be glad to see us appoint a manager with a lower profile. Someone to focus on moving the club forward, someone who can just get on with their business quietly, making our club and our future their priority.

I'll take that as support for my superstar Dennis Bergkamp campaign. ?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s going. I’ll be astounded if he doesn’t. He’s the only candidate in the running! Enough people ITK are saying he’s had discussions with Chelsea and he’s the number 1 choice. Journos mates family all included. The only way this will not happen is if he turns them down and the only reason I would see for him to do that right now is if he didn’t have 100% say on his back room team. 

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that this coming week will be crucial and probably (hopefully) decisive given both clubs want managers in place for pre-season training.

If the rumours about investment are true I just hope frank leaving won’t scupper it. 

Bad news for forest that, much as he’s a lunatic that means O’Neill has lost some of his backroom staff and will have to find someone he’s probably not worked with. Could end badly that, much as Keane is probably someone you wouldn’t want coaching your players?. His own managerial career tho- don’t make me laugh! Kin no chance mate!

57 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Just checked FFP year end figures in order to rubbish this claim. That would only work if the FFP year started July 1. Actually FFP is worked out on the individual club's financial year. Our FFP start date is July 1...doh!

I can see the logic for this, if the club was already in very close contact with the next manager, so recruitment/retention decisions could still be made. £4m is a big chunk of cash in our accounts and could actually allow upto about £16m of spending on players.

The problem is though, football managers tend to high profile people. Agents tend to talk a lot. People inside the game have networks of friends, families, work colleagues etc. The likelihood of DCFC being able to keep something like this under wraps is so low as to be implausible.

FFP/P&S works on a 3 year rolling basis though, so I highly doubt £4m being in 2018/19 or 2019/20 makes a jot of difference in the grand scheme of things.

Just on the FFP thing as well, would you really be holding out for the next financial year when it'd mean no manager in place for the start of pre-season training?

There seems to be a lot of people who are confident it's happening but there's also a lot that doesn't add up in the current situation...

15 minutes ago, Carnero said:

FFP/P&S works on a 3 year rolling basis though, so I highly doubt £4m being in 2018/19 or 2019/20 makes a jot of difference in the grand scheme of things.

£4m is nearly 15% of our normal turnover. 18-19 accounts are likely to look healthy with all the big cup ties and play-offs. If we could push the £4m into next season, it would make sense to do so - we effectively gain the benefit for an extra season.

In theory, it's a good idea. The problem is that in reality it is almost impossible to stop it becoming common knowledge. It's also less of a good idea if it does hamper our or Chelsea's preparations for next season. 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If I knew how to Photoshop I'd put Mel Morris peering from behind that motorbike.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If I knew how to Photoshop I'd put Mel Morris peering from behind that motorbike.

BEBBE0D3-AECE-47E9-A589-2295524DD81A.jpeg

5 minutes ago, JfR said:

Could you imagine Keano starting the bounce? Would be terrifying

"If you don't duckin' bounce he'll break ya legs"

Archived