Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, richinspain said:

So, we should tell Chelsea, the football club not it's fan base or the media circus surrounding them, to stop not saying that they are or are not about to ask for the services of our manager?

Yeah, seems reasonable. " Are you or are you not, interested in securing the sevices of our Manager?"

Don't see why that should inconvienience Chelsea in any way. If they want him say so, if they don't, make thier postition clear and then everyone can get on with planning for the future.

40 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

never really into real ales but been out this afternoon and had four pints of something called plum porter . Quite nice .  Its given me the mental clarity to decide that I don't want Lampard here anymore . Him and his mates and relatives have been annoying me for a fortnight with instagram videos and comments .  Drogba is the last straw .  I really wouldn't want him here in any capacity regardless of whether he's offered the Chelsea job or not .  TA TA see you at Brentford in a year when you get the boot if you are Chelsea bound.. In the meantime we'll crack on like we have for 135 years .

Sadly I’ve been edging that way myself over the last few days , I’ve just got that nagging question of is the lampard media machine a big part of pushing Chelsea to appointing him 

Lampard has gone people. There ain’t no fire without smoke.

So let’s all chill out and contemplate the good stuff we can look forward to this season.

- A new managerial appointment and all the good vibes that goes with it.

- New players coming in, the squad is thin so this is going to happen anyway.

- Forest and Leeds games.

- Watching players like Holmes who will really come into their own this season.

- 7-goal bizzare thrillers on a Tuesday night at Pride Park in winter when it’s peeing it down and both goalkeepers have a nightmare game!

3 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

Yeah, seems reasonable. " Are you or are you not, interested in securing the sevices of our Manager?"

Don't see why that should inconvienience Chelsea in any way. If they want him say so, if they don't, make thier postition clear and then everyone can get on with planning for the future.

Have you ever considered that Frank may not be their first choice or, for whatever reason, they haven't decided yet?

I can't see there is anyway asking such a question would force Chelsea to show their hand. 

We may not like the delay but if the roles were reversed I'm sure we, as fans, would want Derby to tell Chelsea what to do, we'll announce who we want to approach/interview/appoint when we're ready.

58 minutes ago, Boycie said:

If they’re in talks then an official approach has been made.  If it has, way not say it has?

There's a chance that Derby might make a complaint about an illegal approach. This could all turn a bit nasty yet. 

I understand that people want to discuss whether FL will join Chelsea, however as far as we are aware no official approach has been made, so there is no reason for DCFC or FL to say anything. People on here are getting worked up on supposition, speculation and hyperbole. 

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Have you ever considered that Frank may not be their first choice or, for whatever reason, they haven't decided yet?

I can't see there is anyway asking such a question would force Chelsea to show their hand. 

We may not like the delay but if the roles were reversed I'm sure we, as fans, would want Derby to tell Chelsea what to do, we'll announce who we want to approach/interview/appoint when we're ready.

Yes, I've considered it, but so what? It may not force Chelsea to show their whole hand but they would surely have to give some sort of response.

As for the positions being hypothetically reversed, again, so what? The positions are not reversed and I don't give a damn  Chelsea fans feelings.

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm off to get a £2 pepperoni and jalapeno oven pizza from Sainsbury's. It's lovely but I'm slightly jealous of you getting a proper takeaway.

Can you tell we're bored of this speculation?

You're bored, he's bored, she's bored, they're all bored

and i am the chairman of the bored

36 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Have seven or eight and we’ll be reading and linking the daily hate.

You can't blame curtains on alcohol.

19 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

Yes, I've considered it, but so what? It may not force Chelsea to show their whole hand but they would surely have to give some sort of response.

As for the positions being hypothetically reversed, again, so what? The positions are not reversed and I don't give a damn  Chelsea fans feelings.

Do you honestly think they're going to say "go on then, as you've asked, yes we are/ no we're not interested"?

And, you don't give a damn about Chelsea fans feelings but you expect Chelsea to care about ours? Sounds like double standards to me.

Archived