Villa v Derby

North East Ram

19 minutes ago, sage said:

Fook me, would have hated to be with some of you lot in France in 1940. We have a weak team out and we aren't playing well. We are still 7th and have 4 home games to come with Mount, Lawrence, Bryson to come back in..  FL was brought in to reduce wages and the age level. He has made some mistakes as you would expect, but the sense of the entitlement on here is embarrassing. 

I could lower the wage bill and reduce the age level by getting rid of crap old players on large wages and replacing them with crap younger players on lower paid contract, not sure why you think therefore Lampard is doing a good job by that metric. 

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rosythram said:

I understand all the passion and the call for the managers head.

Surely our experiences over the previous seasons should indicate that the yo yoing of managers doesn’t work and maybe we have to be brave in that we appointed a rookie manager which was brave, but we must continue to be brave and stick with him.

Lets all be totally out of the box and support him through thick and thin!

But some people just never learn.

35 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

We've tried it and it hasn't work. But that says more about our recruitment of managers.

Look at Wolves with Nuno. Leeds this season with Bielsa. Leeds have got mostly the same squad and look like a completely different team.

Managers make a difference. 

True, but you’d need Penn and Teller to make a difference with this squad. 

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Frank is showing his inexperience and has become as guilty of knee-jerk, short-termism as us fans.

Instead of breeding confidence by standing by a settled side and system he has abandoned everything and is dropping players, changing systems, bringing other players in only to drop them straight away. Today was the culmination. All well and good for fans to demand changes left right and centre but the manager has to be building...and know his mind. He is clearly stretching and guessing now.

Back to the drawing board. No more bombing players straight out, no more formation changes....they have lost their way. Need clarity of thought and working on a system in training we can recognise on the pitch.

The short term approach happening now isn’t necessarily the big problem though. It’s not getting the game time to Josefzoon, Evans etc much earlier in the season and finding an approach that suited them. He went with the Mount/Wilson pushing forward in midfield approach that worked a bit but was soon found out even before injuries took hold. It was always a flawed approach and exactly what Rowett ended up doing last season. Now we have players who just haven’t played enough and he needs them to come in out the blue and put in a performance, it’s not easy. You’ve got to manage your players over a season and unfortunately that is something he needs to learn.

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Lampard obviously needs time, but the line up and the subsequent performance is the kind that destroys goodwill and faith from the fans.

Imagine having paid £30 to go to the game and then seeing that line up at 2pm?

It’s the kind of experimental line up you might dare to try when you are cruising and have Rotherham at home.

It's the kind of line up usually reserved for managers toward the end of their tenure. Throw a youngster in, make wholesale changes including sacrificing some of the better players... it's desperate. Lamps really struggling now, and not sure where he goes from here - will be throwing anyone half fit in from here. I actually had more faith in Rowett to get a fightback and win v Wigan than I do Lampard.

Decisions off the bench are a wonder. Would have looked to get BJ in midfield, Waghorn up top and Wilson on, and gone for a bit of something for fans to cheer. Mitchell-Lawson could even have been thrown in, with no pressure.

It's a slight turning point for me with Lamps, I've been firmly in the 2 more windows camp, but that does depend somewhat on progress and a plan being seen. I'm not too sure about either as we stand.

10 minutes ago, Davide said:

The last manager I wanted to go was Pearson but I think maybe this current manager and half the players should be leaving ASAP. We have had 2 or 3 shots in 3 or 4 matches. This isn’t normal. We have scored fewer goals in 2019 than anyone else I think. 

We’ve had a shot in 2019 ???lol

Since kick off the club's Twitter account has tweeted 21 times, with 6 being about substitutes or half time. This is the only Tweet about a chance (sort of) in our favour:

500f609cf9d88e24a67d81a93e88c7c0.png

I honestly do feel really bad for those that went to the game expecting a reaction after the Forest performance. You gave your hard earned money to go and support these plonkers and this is what you get in return. And it'll be the same old rubbish after the game .... no apology, just, 'we need a reaction against Wigan'

Sith Happens
Just now, Orphanram said:

Frank might be slightly unfortunate that the current trend is to call for a manager to be sacked immediately when things are going wrong. What happened to the cliche of asking for an older head to come in and help him out.

oh god no...'Uncle Harry, Its Frank, what you upto?'

1 minute ago, Orphanram said:

Frank might be slightly unfortunate that the current trend is to call for a manager to be sacked immediately when things are going wrong. What happened to the cliche of asking for an older head to come in and help him out.

Have you seen Birmingham's wage bill?

1 minute ago, Orphanram said:

Surely Mourinho isn't up to much.

Archived