Villa v Derby

North East Ram

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Jack Grealish is a really great player.

ed dawes doing his best to turn the fans against Lampard.

But we were never going to get anything today.

whats going wrong is a combination of ageing players, poor signings, expiring contracts, and financial mismanagement. 90% of that happening before frank arrived, but ed is trying to stir it up.

Who are the ageing players? Doesn't every teams players get older every year?

Poor signings. Agreed. 

Expiring contracts. Not sure why this would make performances poor and players unable to do the basics.

Financial mismanagement. To a degree but once again not sure why that would cause performances to be poor? It's not like the manager has been unable to bring players in.

If you're saying Lampard is only 10% responsible for our current performances I'm going to have to strongly disagree.

Radio Derby reading out a diatribe of negativity. 

Ed dawes says the team selection "treated the fans with contempt". 

the team we put out was largely to be expected. The experience of johnno and waghorn might have been better than bird and evans but we have a very thin squad which is short of the necessary quality. 

Just now, McLovin said:

If we get big sam then I’m finished with this club until he leaves. Absolute see you next Tuesday of a man. He makes Pearson look like a saint.

Can't stand the guy either, and would be far from the top of my list (probably not even in the top 20).  I still hope we're going to see a sudden change in fortunes but a) I think the likelihood of that is low, and b) don't trust the club enough to give a manager time to turn things round.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Never said that they don't. But there are also examples, looking at Norwich this year, that the manager doesn't have instant impact and it takes some time for it to work. 

Sorry - not trying to pick on your posts or anything, as I have been replying to a lot of them.

Here's the point I'm trying to get at, and have been making on this forum for a while:

I really like the style of play Lampard wants us to play. I just don't see any evidence (and haven't all season really) that he knows how to actually get players to do it. Not in the same way that someone like Jokanovic does.

I don't think Lampard is up to this personally. Hate to say it. 

19 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm pretty sure we're watching criminal activity as the Derby team pick the pockets of the 2,800 supporters who have made the journey.

It's happening again... it's happening agaiiiiiiiin... we're Derby county.... ITS SO BL*******y poo

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Pretty sure they can coach fine. This happens every year at our club, but it's always the manager and the coaching team to blame right? 

Are you here? The organisation in defence and attack in this game has been absolutely none existent. No one has a clue where they’re meant to be, meant to go or what the game plan is. Players to blame as well but there’s not an ounce of evidence that we have a coach here yet alone that he’s doing any sort of a decent job.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Sorry - not trying to pick on your posts or anything, as I have been replying to a lot of them.

Here's the point I'm trying to get at, and have been making on this forum for a while:

I really like the style of play Lampard wants us to play. I just don't see any evidence (and haven't all season really) that he knows how to actually get players to do it. Not in the same way that someone like Jokanovic does.

I don't think Lampard is up to this personally. Hate to say it. 

Don't worry about it, I respect you have a different opinion to me on the matter and I'm more than happy to respond.

Jokanovic is a fan of Chris Martin which wins him some favour with me, however I also can bring up a huge amount of poor signings and decisions made by Jokanovic at the end of his time at Fulham. 

The thing is, what did any of us expect? We hired someone who'd never managed before, it was never going to be plain sailing the whole way, and I think this is when Lampard needs our support more than ever.

1 minute ago, Ken Tram said:

People are moaning at Frank...

I am sure that Frank Lampard will become an excellent manager. And any mistakes he makes now will help him get better.

He's loyal, and sticking with Frank will bring us great things. We have the potential of having a long term manager who takes us on a journey, getting better and better. 

Even if you disagree, getting on his back won't help us this season.

... I think ...

What makes Frank loyal to us? He's said in plenty of interviews he dreams of managing Chelsea one day and whilst no one can blame him, he's been here 7 or 8 months and is already talking about being somewhere else in the future. Heck, he's barely even loyal to his group of players, chopping and changing every game

Archived