Villa v Derby

North East Ram

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what happens when you let performances slip to grind out results and get away with it. 

Eventually you get what you deserve and I think at our best we had like +9 GD which was not a match for the top teams. 

We've turned cruise control victories into grinding finishes. We've refused to work on stopping crosses and done our best to go 1-0 down early in games. 

We haven't worked on our weak areas and we haven't kept doing the things we do well. It's been coming since the last 30 mins vs Swansea especially. It was all there at Norwich away at the beginning at the end but we got away with the result.

It's been a really lazy and arrogant season in terms of how we've developed (or refused to) 

39 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

I fell asleep at 3pm, just woke up and checked the score.

Goodnight all!

I Woke up at 4pm feared the worst when looking at the HT score....... 4 nil down !!  Had to pinch myself to make I was awake and not dreaming.  

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Holmes deserves a medal for this performance, only ducker out there trying

I actually think bird hasn’t been too bad at all

hes certainly gone above Evans after today who was all sorts of terrible first half 

Got to say I do find it quite funny people saying we should set up in a 4-2-3-1 formation yet everyone absolutely hating Rowett and Rowettball. That’s what being a Derby fan seems like to me at the minute, everyone’s got an answer which is different to what’s happening but absolutely no idea how it will play out.

Theres a big problem at the club yes, but if you want to deal with it and come out the other side then there will be afternoons like this because we need to find our system, give players game time and settle down a bit. Similar to how it was under Clough in all honesty.  Yes it’s poor, but reality check is also needed here.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

This is what happens when you let performances slip to grind out results and get away with it. 

Eventually you get what you deserve and I think at our best we had like +9 GD which was not a match for the top teams. 

We've turned cruise control victories into grinding finishes. We've refused to work on stopping crosses and done our best to go 1-0 down early in games. 

We haven't worked on our weak areas and we haven't kept doing the things we do well. It's been coming since the last 30 mins vs Swansea especially. It was all there at Norwich away at the beginning at the end but we got away with the result.

It's been a really lazy and arrogant season in terms of how we've developed (or refused to) 

Ironically if you watch the first 45 minutes at Reading it looks all too familiar. 

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

oh god no...'Uncle Harry, Its Frank, what you upto?'

I was thinking a bit more out of the box and perhaps we could hold a seance to call on George Jobey or Brian Clough for advice. I don’t normally go in for the supernatural but I’m a convert after witnessing the apparition of George Evans in our midfield today. 

Archived