Villa v Derby

North East Ram

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RamNut said:

Even if he was rested / dropped, then that would be fair enough tbh.

Hard one because he’s been out of form and usually I would agree, but you can see how we’re struggling without Mount and Lawrence already. I don’t think Holmes, Bennett and Jozefzoon have enough in them to carry any real threat as shown today.

We desperately need Mount, Wilson and Lawrence back fit and firing on all cylinders which will give Marriott something to feed off, any hope of a top 6 finish is pinned on these 4.

4 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Why does Chris Cole’s pussyfoot around frank during the post match interview only for then Ramage and Dawes to pick the bones out and start questioning all what FL’s said? Get Ramage quizzing frank then. The interview might be slightly more meaningful. 

Agreed, Coles always appears terrified of confrontation 

1 minute ago, David said:

Ok. But it is a fact, Forest and Birmingham lost and Bristol City only picked up a point. 

If you think I’m being deluded by not giving up on the top 6 until it’s mathematically possible that’s fine, but I won’t. 

We have a run of home games now coming up, win on Tuesday we’re level on points with Bristol City again in 6th.

If you want to give up, say the season is over then great, each to their own.

I admire your optimism but the performances just haven't been anywhere near those of a top 6 side for a long time. We have been playing like a bottom 3 side of late and my realistic head tells me we will finish mid table. I am struggling to see where the next goal is coming from yet alone the next win.....really hope you are right and I am wrong though....

Ok. But it is a fact, Forest and Birmingham lost and Bristol City only picked up a point. 

If you think I’m being deluded by not giving up on the top 6 until it’s mathematically impossible that’s fine, but I won’t. 

We have a run of home games now coming up, win on Tuesday we’re level on points with Bristol City again in 6th.

If you want to give up, say the season is over then great, each to their own.

Blimey

So, would you say we are good enough to go up ? 

4 minutes ago, David said:

Hard one because he’s been out of form and usually I would agree, but you can see how we’re struggling without Mount and Lawrence already. I don’t think Holmes, Bennett and Jozefzoon have enough in them to carry any real threat as shown today.

We desperately need Mount, Wilson and Lawrence back fit and firing on all cylinders which will give Marriott something to feed off, any hope of a top 6 finish is pinned on these 4.

But we were struggling with Mount....

9 minutes ago, David said:

Don't think we were ever going to get anything today. A couple of heavyweights might have helped but villa are a good team.

In terms of criticism I will say this. I have no idea how Evans gets near the team - he brings nothing. He’s not a tough guy in the middle to get the ball back, he’s not composed or a good passer, he doesn’t have pace to get forward and work on the break. I just don’t get it. I thought Johnson did alright when he came on against Forest, tried to be positive with passing, won the ball back high up the pitch and switched play. To get dropped for Evans is baffling. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that our best performances came with a middle three of Johnson, Mount and Wilson.

8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

George Evans gave the poorest performance I have seen in a Derby shirt first half.

The whole team looked shot.

So easy to play against.

The team is not playing for Frankat the moment.

Any guess as to why not? I have no clue. In the summer it was Frank's cachet that was attracting players. Now they don't play for him? Bizarre......?

1 hour ago, sage said:

Fook me, would have hated to be with some of you lot in France in 1940. We have a weak team out and we aren't playing well. We are still 7th and have 4 home games to come with Mount, Lawrence, Bryson to come back in..  FL was brought in to reduce wages and the age level. He has made some mistakes as you would expect, but the sense of the entitlement on here is embarrassing

This is the wrong forum . You want West Ham V Newcastle.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I admire your optimism but the performances just haven't been anywhere near those of a top 6 side for a long time. We have been playing like a bottom 3 side of late and my realistic head tells me we will finish mid table. I am struggling to see where the next goal is coming from yet alone the next win.....really hope you are right and I am wrong though....

2 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Blimey

So, would you say we are good enough to go up ? 

Replying to both as it’s pretty much the same answer.

If you think I’m sat here smiling away clapping my hands to what happened today, wrong, trust me, this hurts.

We haven’t been good enough this year, not going to gloss over any game and say it has, but if you look at the table tonight we’re still in there with a chance.

That tells me other teams have also not been good enough also, no side is running away with it this season, if you look at Leeds beating West Brom last night 4-0 they were a real force, but they lost to QPR a few days before!

Carry on playing as we are, we have no chance, but we have enough games to turn it around and finish top 6, BUT the players really need to turn up starting Tuesday as we are running out of games.

Finish top 6 anything can happen as we’ve seen ourselves at Wembley against 10 men.

Whilst there is a possibility I will remain optimistic however deluded that maybe as others call for the managers head, we have players, key players returning from injury soon and could be just the lift we need.

Finally I know someone will say, but this team isn’t good enough to be in the Premier League, stop. We have a number of players on loan and out of contract, a summer transfer window to bring players in. What happens in the Championship has no say what happens when you go up.

Replying to both as it’s pretty much the same answer.

If you think I’m sat here smiling away clapping my hands to what happened today, wrong, trust me, this hurts.

We haven’t been good enough this year, not going to gloss over any game and say it has, but if you look at the table tonight we’re still in there with a chance.

That tells me other teams have also not been good enough also, no side is running away with it this season, if you look at Leeds beating West Brom last night 4-0 they were a real force, but they lost to QPR a few days before!

Carry on playing as we are, we have no chance, but we have enough games to turn it around and finish top 6, BUT the players really need to turn up starting Tuesday as we are running out of games.

Finish top 6 anything can happen as we’ve seen ourselves at Wembley against 10 men.

Whilst there is a possibility I will remain optimistic however deluded that maybe as others call for the managers head, we have players, key players returning from injury soon and could be just the lift we need.

Finally I know someone will say, but this team isn’t good enough to be in the Premier League, stop. We have a number of players on loan and out of contract, a summer transfer window to bring players in. What happens in the Championship has no say what happens when you go up.

Ok , fair enough. Admire your attitude. 

14 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

George Evans gave the poorest performance I have seen in a Derby shirt first half.

The whole team looked shot.

So easy to play against.

The team is not playing for Frankat the moment.

Agree on the first 3. On the last point it’s not just Frank, they are not playing for each other, the club or fans BUT Frank really does need to see he can rollick them all he likes but they are being chopped and changed so often, there really is no sense of team.

They looked like individuals, not a team and that’s why we got ripped apart and struggled go break cohesively or fluently. 

Felt a bit for Marriott, devoid of meaningful service, he was least to blame along with Bird in at the deep end. 

4 minutes ago, goldstar said:

I've already said what I've heard but my comments got deleted 

Well, no point in repeating and getting in trouble. I'll have to assume that whatever you have heard could be libellous IF it isn't true.

Whatever has affected the fit players, we have also had wretched luck with injuries. King doing a "Danny mills" just about topped that off. Unless all the injuries are made up......

57 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Can't wait for the team against Wigan. Wonder who's names will come out of the hat and what formation we'll give a go this time?

Roos

Holmes Keogh Ambrose Cole Anya

Johnson Evans Sibley

Bennett Nugent

Should be fun

Nugent came out of the hat WTF ?

F68A36E0-7176-4931-918B-7244E0BDB179.gif

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, twinkletoes said:

some one please tell me why i should be satisfied with that today ? come on there must be one person here who still thinks today was exceptable in some way !

Dean Smith? 

I personally think we’re in a bad way. No salable  assets or very little. A small squad next season with very little quality. Nothing to do with frank but previous managers have really messed this club up. We’re in a similar situation to when clough took over about ten years ago. Only way we can get out of this is if a lot of the younger players come in and do well. 

Archived