• Created
  • Last Reply

I would go for :

Roos

Wisdom  Tomori Keogh Cole

Evans

King  Holmes

Jozefoon  Waghorn Wilson

I would drop Marriott, as I think we need the physical presence of Waghorn upfront instead of on the wing where he is ineffective,  I would like to see Evans play becuase he is a more defensively minded player and he can't play much worse than how Huddlestone and Johnson have played in the holding role recently, and with him being young , you would hope he could improve and be a key player in the long term. I would also like to see Wisdom play , as even though he has been poor this season he may be able to get back to his best form with a run of games.

Good news everyone our non-existent midfield are all injured for the Villa game, so we may as well just play 5-0-5.

King and Bryson are both out injured for a couple of weeks at least. Mount and Lawrence also unlikely to be fit for Villa.

I would try Bradders in a more advanced role for this one. Dont think we can play Duane and Wilson in midfield together without getting overrun.

Our problem is scoring goals, whilst our under 23s are scoring for fun. Why not give some of them a try? I’d be shocked and I mean shocked,  if we made the play offs at this point. I’d rather give those guys a chance to embed themselves to see if they’re good enough in preparation for next season. If they’re not, then we move on but at least we will know. Rashford and Harry Kane came out of nowhere for Man Utd and spurs respectively. Man Utd under Van Gaal were playing dire football then Van Gaal said, duck it and chucked a very young Man Utd side out against Arsenal which lifted the whole club and a star was born in Rashford. The same happened with spurs with Kane. We will never know if they’re not given a chance.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Our problem is scoring goals, whilst our under 23s are scoring for fun. Why not give some of them a try? I’d be shocked and I mean shocked,  if we made the play offs at this point. I’d rather give those guys a chance to embed themselves to see if they’re good enough in preparation for next season. If they’re not, then we move on but at least we will know. Rashford and Harry Kane came out of nowhere for Man Utd and spurs respectively. Man Utd under Van Gaal were playing dire football then Van Gaal said, duck it and chucked a very young Man Utd side out against Arsenal which lifted the whole club and a star was born in Rashford. The same happened with spurs with Kane. We will never know if they’re not given a chance.

Frank will have to be very desperate indeed to take a chance like that.  If it goes wrong then he has exposed his lack of experience/ability.  

Archived