Villa v Derby

North East Ram

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

My whole point is this mythical experienced manager who can fix everything doesn't work, because we've already tried it and showed this ourselves.

I don’t think they are mythical ? the top half of the Championship is littered with experienced managers. 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Are you here? The organisation in defence and attack in this game has been absolutely none existent. No one has a clue where they’re meant to be, meant to go or what the game plan is. Players to blame as well but there’s not an ounce of evidence that we have a coach here yet alone that he’s doing any sort of a decent job.

Nope, but nor does that matter. I'm not saying we've played anything close to adequately today, but we're not far off the playoffs and there are plenty of worse teams in this league than us. You're frustrated by the fact we're poo today, which is fair, but you're also talking complete rubbish, are times this season we have looked excellent.

Just now, Andicis said:

Jokanovic is a fan of Chris Martin which wins him some favour with me, however I also can bring up a huge amount of poor signings and decisions made by Jokanovic at the end of his time at Fulham. 

I would counter that by pointing out that Jokanovic was famously not in control of transfers at Fulham. Sahid Khan's son Tony was. This lead to numerous occasions where it looked like Jokanovic was angling to leave.

Just now, bcnram said:

I don’t think they are mythical ? the top half of the Championship is littered with experienced managers. 

The top half that we're firmly in with our rookie manager? So they're clearly not doing a much better job than Frank are they?

Just now, MK-Ram said:

I think Jokanovic is an incredible manager but can't see us going for someone like him anytime soon

Our manager recruitment policy is like our player recruitment policy - they have to be English or at a push from the british isles. We've never had a foreign manager before - mostly English with a handful of Scots thrown in.

9 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Question must be asked though, we’ve got one of the best academies in the country and appear to be producing youth players a million miles away from championship quality.

makes me feel sick to say it but Forests academy is light years ahead of hours with half the infrastructure 

It takes time for the academy players to make their way through the system after Mels investment. The u23s just beat Bristol 8-1, they are third in the prem league 2 above man city, arsenal, tottenham, chelsea and Liverpool and just got through to the next round of the cup. Give it time and some of those players will be making their way into the first team. 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

I would counter that by pointing out that Jokanovic was famously not in control of transfers at Fulham. Sahid Khan's son Tony was. This lead to numerous occasions where it looked like Jokanovic was angling to leave.

Okay, that's a fair argument. But is there a point in changing managers at this point in the season, Frank's not been giving much funding or had much time to leave his mark, Jokanovic isn't going to turn our poo squad into something impressive overnight. Lampard deserves time to work on the squad and with so many contracts up in the summer, he should get a full rebuild then, in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

FFP is a solid excuse for someone like Bolton or Birmingham, teams who have actually suffered because of it. Not for a team who lost 1 key player but was able to sign Mount, Marriott, Waghorn, Wilson, Jozefzoon etc. 

And look where Birmingham are! Haha

Fook me, would have hated to be with some of you lot in France in 1940. We have a weak team out and we aren't playing well. We are still 7th and have 4 home games to come with Mount, Lawrence, Bryson to come back in..  FL was brought in to reduce wages and the age level. He has made some mistakes as you would expect, but the sense of the entitlement on here is embarrassing. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Okay, that's a fair argument. But is there a point in changing managers at this point in the season, Frank's not been giving much funding or had much time to leave his mark, Jokanovic isn't going to turn our poo squad into something impressive overnight. Lampard deserves time to work on the squad and with so many contracts up in the summer, he should get a full rebuild then, in my opinion.

Said this last season with Rowett: if they are clearly not the right person, then what difference does it make in making a chance now as opposed to in the summer? Or in two seasons time?

Again, Fulham are a good example here. As are Southampton.

Ranieri so so clearly the wrong appointment. So they got rid. They understand there's no point humouring that appointment any longer. So much so that they bring Scott bloody Parker in!

Southampton played a blinder this season. They new Mark Hughes was the wrong guy so quickly. Made the change. Made a good change. Now they look like a different side.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Nope, but nor does that matter. I'm not saying we've played anything close to adequately today, but we're not far off the playoffs and there are plenty of worse teams in this league than us. You're frustrated by the fact we're poo today, which is fair, but you're also talking complete rubbish, are times this season we have looked excellent.

But when have we? The odd game against united? I’ve seen far more of what we’re seeing today than I have what we saw then. That’s my issue, the united game is more of a one off than this is. I don’t think Lampard has it in him. 

Aaaand he’s now stuck Florian Josefzoon, the worlds most lightweight player, in central midfield...

Just now, sage said:

Fook me, would have hated to be with some of you lot in France in 1940. We have a weak team out and we aren't playing well. We are still 7th and have 4 home games to come with Mount, Lawrence, Bryson to come back in..  FL was brought in to reduce wages and the age level. He has made some mistakes as you would expect, but the sense of the entitlement on here is embarrassing. 

Exactly, and is probably the biggest problem this club currently has!

Its also blindingly obvious that no one really has an answer to the problem at the minute because everyone is saying something different! Probably best to realise what’s happening at the minute and support a young manager who’s trying to find a long term answer to a long term problem!

Archived