Villa v Derby

North East Ram

Was that as bad as radio derby intimated?

Sounded absolutely atrocious first half and villa didn't need to try second.

only positive for me is Scotch corner services are quiet.

every bloody season.

Mac1, Clement, mac2, rowett, and now, Lampard. Of those we only stuck through it with rowett and to fair, we did seek 6th. I'm so glad there's so many leaving in the summer.

Does Bird look like he might come good? I know it's a balls first start to have but he is young.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lampard has been moaned at due to swapping players about too much and not having a settled XI now he’s moaned at because he’s not given players enough playing time for them to be able to step up when called upon. So all he has to do is figure out how to have a consistent starting XI whilst providing ample playing time for others so they can come in and hit the ground running. Do this with a consistent formation so players know their roles and have a plan b and plan c for when we need to change it but don’t use those plans as we need the consistent formation. 

Easy. 

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yep, players came over and we’re booed and given the ****** symbol. Lampard skulked off 

Scum behaviour from the away fans then yet again. 

24 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Walking through a graveyard on the way back, how symbolic of the teams perfomance

Bit melodramatic mate ? We might be a bit poo right now but nobody died, surely!

Fair play for travelling though mate. Harder to take when you've spent good money attending as I fully appreciate. Keep the faith. 

1 minute ago, DerbyRam! said:

Just to stir the pot

Why not bring back Chris Martin? Gives us a focal point for the attack who can hold up the ball, great partner for Marriott...has a long contract still to go and can't be any worse than our 0 shots!!

Ive always said that ... ive never been martins biggest fan... i thought he was overrated but he’s something differents and a plan B can bring others into play... proper horrible as well taking dives & drawing defenders in to commit fouls 

2 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Just to stir the pot

Why not bring back Chris Martin? Gives us a focal point for the attack who can hold up the ball, great partner for Marriott...has a long contract still to go and can't be any worse than our 0 shots!!

But the midfield are incapable of getting hold of the ball and providing any kind of service to the strikers. We could have Harry Kane upfront and it would make no difference. The midfield is what needs sorting as a priority in the summer, been saying it for months....

13 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Does Bird look like he might come good? I know it's a balls first start to have but he is young.

Yes!

For me he was the only positive. He struggled first half but second half I watched him more than anyone and he showed for the ball and looks brave. He will be ok, not a regular but deserves a chance, particularly in easier games than Villa away.

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Ramage kicking off on RD Derby, Frank eluded to a “negative agenda” in his interview, RD think it’s aimed at them, Ramage is firing shots

It was Ed who jumped on that not Ramage. Absolute hypocrisy from ed. he was negative right from the start.

5 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

You are completely deluded mate 

Ok. But it is a fact, Forest and Birmingham lost and Bristol City only picked up a point. 

If you think I’m being deluded by not giving up on the top 6 until it’s mathematically impossible that’s fine, but I won’t. 

We have a run of home games now coming up, win on Tuesday we’re level on points with Bristol City again in 6th.

If you want to give up, say the season is over then great, each to their own.

Yeah not sure what Frank is smoking. 

Spent all his career at Chelsea where they demand everything now. We don't want promotion now, not even a win, just half a decent performance. Something positive to hang onto. Work to do. 

7 minutes ago, David said:

Lampard said Harry Wilson was ill this week, why he started on the bench today.

Even if he was rested / dropped, then that would be fair enough tbh.

6 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Ramage kicking off on RD Derby, Frank eluded to a “negative agenda” in his interview, RD think it’s aimed at them, Ramage is firing shots

Know who’s side I’d be on. Ramage is a joke, consistently contradicts himself on the phone in and reaction podcast. Him and Chris Coles are embarrassing, no idea what either of them bring to the table, neither know any of the stats they talk about or what players have done etc. 

Why does Chris Cole’s pussyfoot around frank during the post match interview only for then Ramage and Dawes to pick the bones out and start questioning all what FL’s said? Get Ramage quizzing frank then. The interview might be slightly more meaningful. 

1 minute ago, Remy the hare said:

Why does Chris Cole’s pussyfoot around frank during the post match interview only for then Ramage and Dawes to pick the bones out and start questioning all what FL’s said? Get Ramage quizzing frank then. The interview might be slightly more meaningful. 

We need a Savage vs Gibson round 2

1 minute ago, Remy the hare said:

You can sense Chris's nerves throughout and it annoys me that the 'celebrity' of Lampard prevents hard line questioning that every other manager gets in case he throws his toys out the pram

Archived