Villa v Derby

North East Ram

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But the poor performances have become the norm. How many times have we played well in the last 10-12 games. I think we are playing like a bottom 3 side.

Can’t recall us playing great football and having control over a game since half time at Boro. Even the win at Norwich was something of a freak circumstance.

3 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Said it before and I'll say it again, either all the players have amnesia and don't know how to play, or something is up behind the scenes. Reminiscent of Sunderland freefalling down the league except somehow were still around the playoffs! 

That would mean something is up behind the scenes every season basically every year since mac 1s second season. Happens every year.

Horrible day.

Feel for those that made the trip down to Villa Park today.

Hugely inexperienced team out there and it showed, If we want to see a younger team though, players brought through the academy patience is needed.

It’s tough, nobody wants to see us lose, especially not like that, but calling for the managers head is not the answer.

Positives today come from elsewhere in the country with Birmingham, Forest losing and Bristol City only picking up a point. 

One game less to play and 1 more point needed to close the gap, with the likes of Mount and Lawrence back available next week hopefully, could be the lift we need.

Finally moderator hat on for a minute, it’s been a poo day and we’re all going to feel it, please remember we have forum guidelines and a profanity filter in place for a reason. Keep it clean and civil towards each other.

6 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Wonder if we'll learn from this defeat as well?

Can't wait for the team against Wigan. Wonder who's names will come out of the hat and what formation we'll give a go this time?

Roos

Holmes Keogh Ambrose Cole Anya

Johnson Evans Sibley

Bennett Nugent

Should be fun

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Walking through a graveyard on the way back, how symbolic of the teams perfomance

Did you stay until the end? If so, did all the players come over and what was the reaction to them like? I saw someone say Lampard didn't even come over and just walked down the tunnel 

It will be really interesting to see whether Frank will retain Mel’s backing.

After two pitiful away defeats, I suspect he will look at the Wigan game as a pivotal moment.

Win that, and Frank lives on.

Anything less and it’s not hard to imagine Mr Wassall getting a call.

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Did you stay until the end? If so, did all the players come over and what was the reaction to them like? I saw someone say Lampard didn't even come over and just walked down the tunnel 

Yep, players came over and we’re booed and given the ****** symbol. Lampard skulked off 

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

It will be really interesting to see whether Frank will retain Mel’s backing.

After two pitiful away defeats, I suspect he will look at the Wigan game as a pivotal moment.

Win that, and Frank lives on.

Anything less and it’s not hard to imagine Mr Wassall getting a call.

I honestly think Lampard will be gone after that today. He shouldn't, because we're getting nowhere with the constant managerial changes, but it's just all gone so horribly wrong and I think that either Frank will step down (it's not like he needs the money) or Mel will sack him and put Wassall in for the rest of the season and we go again in 2019/20 ?

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yep, players came over and we’re booed and given the ****** symbol. Lampard skulked off 

Crazy to think that just a couple of months back the players were pretty much in the crowd celebrating with the fans after beating Norwich. Where did it all go wrong? ?

36 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

The short term approach happening now isn’t necessarily the big problem though. It’s not getting the game time to Josefzoon, Evans etc much earlier in the season and finding an approach that suited them. He went with the Mount/Wilson pushing forward in midfield approach that worked a bit but was soon found out even before injuries took hold. It was always a flawed approach and exactly what Rowett ended up doing last season. Now we have players who just haven’t played enough and he needs them to come in out the blue and put in a performance, it’s not easy. You’ve got to manage your players over a season and unfortunately that is something he needs to learn.

Very good point. 

Whats made the situation worse is that he has not persisted with players brought in from the cold.

Very poor man management. 

Archived