Villa v Derby

North East Ram

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GenBr said:

Our manager recruitment policy is like our player recruitment policy - they have to be English or at a push from the british isles. We've never had a foreign manager before - mostly English with a handful of Scots thrown in.

It takes time for the academy players to make their way through the system after Mels investment. The u23s just beat Bristol 8-1, they are third in the prem league 2 above man city, arsenal, tottenham, chelsea and Liverpool and just got through to the next round of the cup. Give it time and some of those players will be making their way into the first team. 

Exactly my point re: Jokanovic. It'd be great to see someone come who has had success elsewhere but has a completely different approach to the game than what we've seen in the Championship but that just isn't what we do (and noted it can go very wrong i.e. Montanier).

I'd love for this to be resolved because Frank is a good guy, has raised our profile significantly, and it's never good to keep changing manager. I don't trust the club to stick with him though and can see some movement by end of this month if there is no improvement.

Just now, sage said:

Fook me, would have hated to be with some of you lot in France in 1940. We have a weak team out and we aren't playing well. We are still 7th and have 4 home games to come with Mount, Lawrence, Bryson to come back in..  FL was brought in to reduce wages and the age level. He has made some mistakes as you would expect, but the sense of the entitlement on here is embarrassing. 

I’d say not having an attempt on goal and being 4-0 down before halftime be more embarrassing. I like to think my sense of entitlement is to at least put in a performance for people who’ve payed good money to at least see effort.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Okay, that's a fair argument. But is there a point in changing managers at this point in the season, Frank's not been giving much funding or had much time to leave his mark, Jokanovic isn't going to turn our poo squad into something impressive overnight. Lampard deserves time to work on the squad and with so many contracts up in the summer, he should get a full rebuild then, in my opinion.

The wheels have been falling off for months now and this was sadly predictable.  Frank has shown no ability to stem the bleeding.  Your support for him is admirable but imo misplaced.  We are in a steep decline when will enough be enough.  Give up n this season,  give him until the end of it and if he hasn’t shown the managerial gumption to at least steady us then he isn’t good enough and he should go

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

And look where Birmingham are! Haha

Exactly! In comparison to our previous managers sure, Frank has it a little bit harder, but the way FFP is spoke about on here it's like we should be thankful we're even competing in the top half rather than being in a relegation scrap. The way we've been performing in recent months with the calibre of players we have in this team is shocking and the blame is share between the players for their cowardly performances and Frank for his constant unnecessary rotation and poor tactical decisions both before and during games 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Said this last season with Rowett: if they are clearly not the right person, then what difference does it make in making a chance now as opposed to in the summer? Or in two seasons time?

Again, Fulham are a good example here. As are Southampton.

Ranieri so so clearly the wrong appointment. So they got rid. They understand there's no point humouring that appointment any longer. So much so that they bring Scott bloody Parker in!

Southampton played a blinder this season. They new Mark Hughes was the wrong guy so quickly. Made the change. Made a good change. Now they look like a different side.

Well that's just it, I wouldn't say Frank clearly is the wrong person. For every example of a good decision to sack your manager, there is an equal amount of bad ones. Don't you think that we'll be right back where we started in such a case? If we fire Frank, then the same players will get another chance that a lot of them don't deserve. 

I think for once we have to just stick by the manager.

Lampard obviously needs time, but the line up and the subsequent performance is the kind that destroys goodwill and faith from the fans.

Imagine having paid £30 to go to the game and then seeing that line up at 2pm?

It’s the kind of experimental line up you might dare to try when you are cruising and have Rotherham at home.

The kind of move that Guardiola can easily get away with at Man City when they play Huddersfield or Cardiff.

But us? Against Villa? At Villa Park?

Was it brave? Arrogant? Stupid? A desperate last roll of the dice?

You can see why some were fearing the worst.

Hadn’t Villa won 2 in 14 before today? It’s indefensible really.

3 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

To be fair to him, Grealish is probably the best player in the Championship

Should have made it 5 really. He’s a class higher than us today on form, yet I remember last time we beat them Keogh made him look average at Pride Park.

So painful I can barely watch.

Just now, Andicis said:

Well that's just it, I wouldn't say Frank clearly is the wrong person. For every example of a good decision to sack your manager, there is an equal amount of bad ones. Don't you think that we'll be right back where we started in such a case? If we fire Frank, then the same players will get another chance that a lot of them don't deserve. 

I think for once we have to just stick by the manager.

It's an interesting one.

I said the other day that next season will be the real transition season, considering how many first team players will be departing.

People have to ask themselves who they think the best person to oversee that transition is. And that's all just a matter of opinion at the end of the day. 

8 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

FFP is a solid excuse for someone like Bolton or Birmingham, teams who have actually suffered because of it. Not for a team who lost 1 key player but was able to sign Mount, Marriott, Waghorn, Wilson, Jozefzoon etc. 

If Frank wasnt our manager you can be certain that without doubt Wilson and Mount wouldnt have been with us and we would be on a par league wise with the likes of Bolton and Birmingham

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I  feel sorry for them who have got a ticket to the fans forum, expecting to see Frank Lampard...

It's the performances that are as disappointing as the results for me. We moaned at the snake for the football we were served up with but for me the last 10 games have been worse. It's not fun watching this. Maybe it will be a case of taking 2 steps back before we can move forward but I have lost sight of what the plan is to be honest....

Archived