Brighton and Hove Albion vs Derby County Match thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Huddlestone isn't perfect , but he is by far the best holding midfielder we have , and Bryson isn't great either but is needed for the balance of the team when we have nobody else who can win the ball and provide energy.

Sorry who's providing energy or holding the ball☺

4 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Huddlestone is complete poo and nobody can change my mind.

The odd wonder pass, if he's got about 6 months of time and a mile of space to make his mind up.

Can't move the ball around the midfield at pace, outright refuses to dribble into space if there's no pass on. Cant tackle, cant win a header. Positioned too far out for his shooting to have any impact.

I know it's not a popular view, but he slows us down so so much. And doesn't give us anything in return.

U think he’s alone in that respect in midfield ?

Wilson and bryson have been absolute passengers on and off the ball 

At least Huddlestone can claim to have completed a pass in the oppositions half those two it’s literally like a red hot potato

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Huddlestone is complete poo and nobody can change my mind.

The odd wonder pass, if he's got about 6 months of time and a mile of space to make his mind up.

Can't move the ball around the midfield at pace, outright refuses to dribble into space if there's no pass on. Cant tackle, cant win a header. Positioned too far out for his shooting to have any impact.

I know it's not a popular view, but he slows us down so so much. And doesn't give us anything in return.

He slows us down? He's not mobile but I'd say the exact opposite of what you're suggesting. We have Huddlestone who collects the ball and immediately his head is up looking for someone in space and then we have Johnson, Evans and before that Ledley who collect the ball and play a simple pass sideways for someone else to try and create something. How can you come to that conclusion that he slows us down after watching those others play in the same position this season? 

1 minute ago, Stroker Ace said:

We were easily this bad against Southampton in both games before we scored.

This team doesn't know when it's beat.

Not over yet.

Nah we weren't, not even close. Brighton's pressing play has completely nullified us and we don't seem to have an answer currently. They've stifled us so far and we have been very very poor. The spine of the team has been exposed for its lack of pace by Locadia, Bissouma etc and they've taken full advantage. We're not gonna score at all unless something changes...

Quality may be one thing but for 2 games now the opposition seem to be in our faces quicker than we're in theirs, winning the majority of the second balls and looking hungrier. One team was bottom of the league Champ and one is Premier League. Our press seems to have gone, we need to actually look interested.

This was my worry at the start of the season by not having a suitable plan 'b' when teams nullified us playing our natural game. We look clueless when teams stop us.  I understood people's arguments because they said we didn't need a plan b if plan a was good. However, we arent Barcelona so our plan a is never going to be perfect. Even McClaren had a plan b with the 4-2-4 formation. 

All Roos and Keogh have been dire. Probably Bogle’s worst performance in a derby shirt. Tomori and Malone look like bambi on ice. I am not sure Bryson and Huddlestone have retained the ball more than 5 times between them. Wilson and Nugent have been on their backsides more than their feet. Waghorn fluffed the only chance. 

Maybe we’re knackered, and I wasn’t expecting to win. There’s no shame in losing to a PL team away and putting in a semi-decent showing but this performance is poor to say the least. Would change shape and personnel at half time.

5 minutes ago, Topram said:

Maybe but we’ve done it and done it against some good sides?

We have but not enough over the season, anyone who has watched all our games will know that’s not how we play. It was highlighted in a couple of big time games against good opposition and has created some sort of false identity that everyone in the media are creaming over. 

I think we’ve played just as many times like this as we have the nice fancy press we put on show. In reality we’re somewhere smack inbetween.

Archived