Brighton and Hove Albion vs Derby County Match thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cosmic said:

Funny, everyone wanted Huddlestone to start. ?

Yep and I'd still have him start every game if it was up to me. Everyone bangs on about how he's old so that's why he's rested at games like Ipswich ... let's turn that around. How can he ever get into a good rhythm if he's constantly benched left right and centre? And it surely isn't useful for the rest of the team to one game have a creative holding mid like Huddlestone, then the next have somone like Evans who just wants to play the simple pass, The whole balance and style of the team is constantly changing from game to game and we can never get any momentum to spring a good run together. It says a lot that right now we're on our best run of the season with 6 games unbeaten. That run included the awful display against Ipswich, scraping past Accrington and somehow scraping a draw at Preston. Frank needs to stop with all this rotation

As for today's game, defensively Huddlestone has been really poor, but so have everyone apart from maybe Keogh. And going forward he's not really got many options. And the one time he did have an option he found Bogle who messed it up

Blaming the match on huddlestone is just bizzare. He ain’t been particularly good, but even when he plays his blinding balls Bogle ducks it up. Whole teams been dire, nothing an individual can do. Wilson and Holmes are the wrong way around for starters, without mount in midfield we have to have Holmes there or were far too lightweight 

Ipswich must be gutted they only got a point.

I need someone to explain the positives from the last 2 games v bottom of the league Ipswich and Brighton reserves?

If we pull our finger out second half then fair enough but if we continue to sleepwalk through the game then what’s going on? Did Bielsa fool us all. They weren’t spying, they were putting sedatives in the water pipes at Moor Farm.

2 hours ago, BarrowRam said:

Hope we can beat Brighton today. We have nothing to be scared of today. Just hope we don’t go two goals down first before we start playing. Come on Derby.?

Hmmmm...

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I don't think its similar to Clement.

We've seen what Lampard's goal is in terms of system. We play it forwards on the ground with patience and create opportunities. We also know the players are capable of playing the system, Hull and WBA games show that. What we're dealing with is player inconsistency, because if the players suddenly can't play simple passes, and move properly, the system doesn't work.

With Clement, the system was to pass it around with zero aggression until an opportunity too obvious to turn down presented itself. Which happened incredibly rarely. The players could play Clement's system perfectly, and did so every game. 

A more considered reply than the dull as dishwater @Millenniumram deserves

Huddlestone is complete poo and nobody can change my mind.

The odd wonder pass, if he's got about 6 months of time and a mile of space to make his mind up.

Can't move the ball around the midfield at pace, outright refuses to dribble into space if there's no pass on. Cant tackle, cant win a header. Positioned too far out for his shooting to have any impact.

I know it's not a popular view, but he slows us down so so much. And doesn't give us anything in return.

Just now, Tombo said:

Nugent doesn't look bothered about his goal drought or string of poor performances. Retains that smug grin and jogs about the pitch content to pick up a wage packet.

Pack his bags.

He will start the bounce when we win our next game and then the fans will love him again 

Have to wonder where some of the posters suddenly appear from!

Having said, that I'm going to criticise because I can't see any game plan from the Rams. What's wrong with passing the ball to Nugent, rather than lumping it to him hoping he can control it?

We've had no control at all, because we aren't thinking, aren't moving and are not pressing as a team. The midfield is anonymous, because they are too deep against a not very impressive Brighton team.

The second goal came from Huddlestone being far too casual, which sums up the performance of the whole team. We are lethargic and showing little desire to close down their play.

Archived