Brighton and Hove Albion vs Derby County Match thread

RadioactiveWaste

Well that’s miserable. Not in the game at all. Nowhere near strong enough. None of Bryson, Holmes or Wilson have been able to keep the ball for more than two touches. Huddlestone robbed in midfield for the second goal.

Had we gone in 1-0 I’d be way more confident of turning it around, but that second could have killed us. Transitioning through the areas of the pitch has been non-existent. We look extremely tired.

We look nervous too. Panicking and rushed on the ball, giving it away.

We’ll clearly get no favours from the ref and VAR (madness trying to get Wilson sent off using that). When he was clattered from behind we got a rare foul but no booking compared with when Tomori made a near identical foul.

The one good thing has been the bravery of the defence on the ball playing out from the back, drawing their opponents on. They haven’t flinched and have done it well, but ahead of them we’ve offered nothing.

But with Tomori injured and on a yellow, he should come off. We don’t want him suspended. Malone was very lucky not to be booked for picking up the ball (what was he thinking?) having got a yellow later too. But at 2-0 down we don’t want to be making two defensive changes.

We’ve been given two freekicks in the Brighton half. The first was pumped into the box by Holmes, a good ball that the keeper dropped causing mild panic. The second, further forward and a reasonable attacking opportunity where for the first time in the game we could send the centrebacks up, saw Bogle whack it as hard as he could almost back to Kelle Roos. This has to stop!

No sign before half-time we can get this back. Zero threat. I’d take one of Holmes, Bryson, Wilson off for Josefzoon and then bring Marriott on with 25 minutes to go.

Disappointing. Feel sorry for the fans who made such an epic journey. Let's hope we give them an amazing second half and turn it around.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLovin said:

This was my worry at the start of the season by not having a suitable plan 'b' when teams nullified us playing our natural game. We look clueless when teams stop us.  I understood people's arguments because they said we didn't need a plan b if plan a was good. However, we arent Barcelona so our plan a is never going to be perfect. Even McClaren had a plan b with the 4-2-4 formation. 

You have proven yourself correct. You knew more than the rest of us. Congrats.

4 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Quality may be one thing but for 2 games now the opposition seem to be in our faces quicker than we're in theirs, winning the majority of the second balls and looking hungrier. One team was bottom of the league Champ and one is Premier League. Our press seems to have gone, we need to actually look interested.

Oh joy ... bring on forest away ? 

Archived