Brighton and Hove Albion vs Derby County Match thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Another match, another inept derby performance. Is lampard learning or is he just clement mark 2 underestimating the basics of football because of his career at the top end? Same mistakes week in week out for me, pretty pathetic at the basics of passing and ball retention.

Plenty of ability in this team when they turn up, but that ain’t very often

I don't think its similar to Clement.

We've seen what Lampard's goal is in terms of system. We play it forwards on the ground with patience and create opportunities. We also know the players are capable of playing the system, Hull and WBA games show that. What we're dealing with is player inconsistency, because if the players suddenly can't play simple passes, and move properly, the system doesn't work.

With Clement, the system was to pass it around with zero aggression until an opportunity too obvious to turn down presented itself. Which happened incredibly rarely. The players could play Clement's system perfectly, and did so every game. 

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

21 games since Nugent scored? That's simply not good enough. I liked him when he first came him and his hattrick against Fulham made me like him even more but now he's absolutely finished. I really don't know what he does or how he contributes to the team.

He starts the bounce, big deal. I’m starting to get seriously worried about Frank making the same mistakes time and time again. This is a complete pile of absolute dog poo. Get it changed!!!!!

Reaction time again for the second goal. The shot hits the post and no defenders even consider moving towards it before Brighton have closed on it and scored.

Archived