Premier League 18/19

Alph

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant intense match. Bernardo Silva and Fernandinho were excellent for city.

Liverpool’s full back switch play between Trent and Robertson is outstanding. Robertson was always a good talent in the championship at Hull under Bruce but he’s developed so much.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

City should have scored more. Lovren is an absolute liability of a defender. Game back on for the title race.

Strange gameplan by Klopp but I’m not complaining. He should have learnt after the away games against Napoli, Red Star and PSG in the champions league that Liverpool need to play full throttle in these big games instead of being cautious and playing for a point

Just now, McLovin said:

Strange gameplan by Klopp but I’m not complaining. He should have learnt after the away games against Napoli, Red Star and PSG in the champions league that Liverpool need to play full throttle in these big games instead of being cautious and playing for a point

Definitely, last year Liverpool had far too much tempo for City and overwhelmed them, tonight they were slow and laboured for large parts, their passing was really sloppy. City were cutting through them without Kevin De Bruyne...

22 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Definitely, last year Liverpool had far too much tempo for City and overwhelmed them, tonight they were slow and laboured for large parts, their passing was really sloppy. City were cutting through them without Kevin De Bruyne...

Personally think Henderson slowed Liverpool down every time he got it he just went back to the CBs 

Hate both clubs (let us not pretend this is still the same City that turned out at Maine Rd, and the others are Scousers), but that was a great game.

The more I see of Van Dijk the more impressed I am. The fact he has to carry Lovren on his back only adds to this. A Rolls Royce of a defender if ever there was one. Kompany was also superb tonight, and I don't know what everyone was going on about with regards his challenge on Salah - totally and completely fine.

Bernardo Silva should be checked for drugs after that display. Guy was everywhere.

Sublime centre forwards goal by Aguero.

I've probably watched about 5 Prem games live in the last ten years and that game showed the real skill these elite guys have.  Played at a million miles an hour, about 200 different formations played at various stages, super impressive use of goalkeepers as additional centre backs at times, ref let most things go, the managers clearly respect each other.

That was football from the future.

Oh and thanks to superfast broadband and websites hosted in Singapore, it cost me nowt and Rupert received nowt for it.

3 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Hate both clubs (let us not pretend this is still the same City that turned out at Maine Rd, and the others are Scousers), but that was a great game.

The more I see of Van Dijk the more impressed I am. The fact he has to carry Lovren on his back only adds to this. A Rolls Royce of a defender if ever there was one. Kompany was also superb tonight, and I don't know what everyone was going on about with regards his challenge on Salah - totally and completely fine.

Bernardo Silva should be checked for drugs after that display. Guy was everywhere.

Sublime centre forwards goal by Aguero.

I've probably watched about 5 Prem games live in the last ten years and that game showed the real skill these elite guys have.  Played at a million miles an hour, about 200 different formations played at various stages, super impressive use of goalkeepers as additional centre backs at times, ref let most things go, the managers clearly respect each other.

That was football from the future.

Oh and thanks to superfast broadband and websites hosted in Singapore, it cost me nowt and Rupert received nowt for it.

A huge majority of them will be, plus those that perhaps would have been but weren't old enough at the time. I think City fans get a hard time by the historically big clubs supporters & I love it! 

Success inevitably encourages new supporters, but those that saw their team in the old division 2 when they had to stomach United winning their famous treble in 99 - that's why I back them. They were still averaging around 30,000 back then. In fact, they had similar numbers at their ground during a relegation battle in 2004 than when they won their first Premier League title. 

I mean, we got promoted and saw our average crowd increase by nearly 7000. It happens at every club, if anything City perhaps haven't been as sporadic as the likes of Leeds and others would be in similar position. Clubs also tend to be big due to historical success. The fact they've got United fans on strings with their 'oil money' despite having a lower wage budget amuses me no end. 

6 hours ago, Ambitious said:

A huge majority of them will be, plus those that perhaps would have been but weren't old enough at the time. I think City fans get a hard time by the historically big clubs supporters & I love it! 

Success inevitably encourages new supporters, but those that saw their team in the old division 2 when they had to stomach United winning their famous treble in 99 - that's why I back them. They were still averaging around 30,000 back then. In fact, they had similar numbers at their ground during a relegation battle in 2004 than when they won their first Premier League title. 

I mean, we got promoted and saw our average crowd increase by nearly 7000. It happens at every club, if anything City perhaps haven't been as sporadic as the likes of Leeds and others would be in similar position. Clubs also tend to be big due to historical success. The fact they've got United fans on strings with their 'oil money' despite having a lower wage budget amuses me no end. 

Wasn't referring to their fans.

Archived