Premier League 18/19

Alph

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

They should have everything they have won stripped from them right away....then David Brent, Stevie G and the victims would finally have that title.... ha ha. 

That Liverpool team wasn’t good enough to win the title, this one is, come May they will hold the trophy aloft at Anfield and parade it around the streets of Liverpool on an open top  bus....as long as nobody nicks the wheels

25 minutes ago, David said:

This would amuse me no end.

The only reason City struggle to cover their spending is because of how small of a club they are. If they had United's infrastructure then the spending wouldn't be an issue. FFP ensuring that the big clubs aren't challenged by smaller clubs with rich owners. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The only reason City struggle to cover their spending is because of how small of a club they are. If they had United's infrastructure then the spending wouldn't be an issue. FFP ensuring that the big clubs aren't challenged by smaller clubs with rich owners. 

If you’re not big enough, you don’t get to go on the rides at Alton Towers. You could say it’s safety gone mad, but rules are rules. 

26 minutes ago, David said:

If you’re not big enough, you don’t get to go on the rides at Alton Towers. You could say it’s safety gone mad, but rules are rules. 

My dad used to stuff my hat full of newspaper to make me look tall enough to go on the rides at Alton Towers. Looked like a right conehead but it worked. City are the equivalent of a little lad with a hat full of paper at Alton Towers and fair play they're having just as much fun. 

Edit: Just read that back through - jeez! Can you tell Friday feeling has kicked in?!

2 hours ago, David said:

That Liverpool team wasn’t good enough to win the title, this one is, come May they will hold the trophy aloft at Anfield and parade it around the streets of Liverpool on an open top  bus....as long as nobody nicks the wheels

they wont....they have reached their absolute peak already, they don't have another level to step up to, City do, City are only 4 points behind them and they still haven't got their best player back, if the victims lose Salah, that big dope at the back, their goalie etc they will be shafted.

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

they wont....they have reached their absolute peak already, they don't have another level to step up to, City do, City are only 4 points behind them and they still haven't got their best player back, if the victims lose Salah, that big dope at the back, their goalie etc they will be shafted.

I thought Salah was a one season wonder?

Pretty sure if you start removing key players from the Man City side you could argue they will be shafted as well.

I’ll be honest, the only reason I want Liverpool to win it is to see your reaction, as a complete neutral I’m just happy with have a genuine title race on our hands and not one club running away with it.

2 minutes ago, David said:

I thought Salah was a one season wonder?

Pretty sure if you start removing key players from the Man City side you could argue they will be shafted as well.

I’ll be honest, the only reason I want Liverpool to win it is to see your reaction, as a complete neutral I’m just happy with have a genuine title race on our hands and not one club running away with it.

Salah is a one season wonder.....

DeBruyne...best player they have got...has played 5 or 6 games?

Next you will be telling me the ball was over the line and Kompany should have been sent off....? Its not your fault.

Just now, MuespachRam said:

Salah is a one season wonder.....

DeBruyne...best player they have got...has played 5 or 6 games?

Next you will be telling me the ball was over the line and Kompany should have been sent off....? Its not your fault.

But take a forward, defender and keeper out like you have with Aguero, Laporte and Ederson out, telling me they wouldn’t struggle just like any team. 

Ball wasn’t over the line, that’s what goal line technology is for.

16 hours ago, Ambitious said:

A huge majority of them will be, plus those that perhaps would have been but weren't old enough at the time. I think City fans get a hard time by the historically big clubs supporters & I love it! 

Success inevitably encourages new supporters, but those that saw their team in the old division 2 when they had to stomach United winning their famous treble in 99 - that's why I back them. They were still averaging around 30,000 back then. In fact, they had similar numbers at their ground during a relegation battle in 2004 than when they won their first Premier League title. 

I mean, we got promoted and saw our average crowd increase by nearly 7000. It happens at every club, if anything City perhaps haven't been as sporadic as the likes of Leeds and others would be in similar position. Clubs also tend to be big due to historical success. The fact they've got United fans on strings with their 'oil money' despite having a lower wage budget amuses me no end. 

I think he’s more on about stuff like this; 

https://medium.com/@NcGeehan/the-men-behind-man-city-a-documentary-not-coming-soon-to-a-cinema-near-you-14bc8e393e06

2 hours ago, David said:

But take a forward, defender and keeper out like you have with Aguero, Laporte and Ederson out, telling me they wouldn’t struggle just like any team. 

Ball wasn’t over the line, that’s what goal line technology is for.

Sorry what I was saying is that if the victims even lose 1 of their best players they will drop like a stone. City have had their very best player out for the season and are still up there. 

By the way...how good is Sterling..!??  Bris must be turning in his grave. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kernow said:

I can’t imagine him being out of work for very long.

If we happened to be looking for a new manager and he was available, I’d certainly take him.

Wouldn’t be surprised if his availability triggers a sacking elsewhere couple weeks down the line 

Archived