Premier League 18/19

Alph

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team that can’t score vs the team that can’t defend. Something had to give. But the fact that Huddersfield could only get 1 against the team that ships 2.something goals a game on average is not necessarily something to be proud of. This is not some great statement that they’re going to take the league by the scruff of the neck. 

Huddersfield are ducked. 

Fulham are ducked. 

I’d kind of like Newcastle to be ducked, but I can’t see Cardiff doing much. 

I cant believe how bad those 4 teams are though. We’re a poo load better, and we’re only 6th in the championship. 

Bht still, they’ll all pick up at least 6 more points before the end of the season, and our record will remain intact. 

8 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

The team that can’t score vs the team that can’t defend. Something had to give. But the fact that Huddersfield could only get 1 against the team that ships 2.something goals a game on average is not necessarily something to be proud of. This is not some great statement that they’re going to take the league by the scruff of the neck. 

Huddersfield are ducked. 

Fulham are ducked. 

I’d kind of like Newcastle to be ducked, but I can’t see Cardiff doing much. 

I cant believe how bad those 4 teams are though. We’re a poo load better, and we’re only 6th in the championship. 

Bht still, they’ll all pick up at least 6 more points before the end of the season, and our record will remain intact. 

Excuse me sir!!! Go and look at the table.

Sorry, my bad. Those 4 teams are all better than forest at least. So the line is drawn between 5th and 6th. 

Mom fact, you could probably swap the bottom 5 of the premier league with the top 5 of the championship, as thugs stand now, with no new players, and you’d be improving the quality of the premier league (and yes, I begrudgingly include leeds in that).

Their system is absolutely crippled without Malone, Targett or Fredericks. Their full-backs were absolutely key to their system, making runs as the third man, getting to the byline and drilling one across. 

Their midfield was a bit one-paced at times but this was fine as they’d control the game and let the full-back’s inject pace and energy into attacks. The players they have, bar possibly Joe Bryan, aren’t willing runners if at all even full-backs! 

The best they can probably do now is go to Clementball. Still play their football but defend deep and rely on something special each game. 

For all they’ve spent they’re weaker than they were in the previous two seasons.

17 hours ago, cannable said:

Their system is absolutely crippled without Malone, Targett or Fredericks. Their full-backs were absolutely key to their system, making runs as the third man, getting to the byline and drilling one across. 

Their midfield was a bit one-paced at times but this was fine as they’d control the game and let the full-back’s inject pace and energy into attacks. The players they have, bar possibly Joe Bryan, aren’t willing runners if at all even full-backs! 

The best they can probably do now is go to Clementball. Still play their football but defend deep and rely on something special each game. 

For all they’ve spent they’re weaker than they were in the previous two seasons.

Great analysis. Weren’t we in for Joe Bryan once? Can’t remember which manager that was even......?

You would have to be fuming today if you were a Fulham fan. Not only does it look like the decision to rule out their goal is very harsh for offside, the officials then let Liverpool take a free kick immediately with a moving ball and they go and score.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Arsenal on fire 

4-2 up against Spurs. 

Amazing match. Mrs Sagan's a Gooner so been paying attention. Haven't seen them play this well for years. Something like 10-1 would be a fairer reflection of the game. 

Whets the appetite for 27th December. 

Archived