Premier League 18/19

Alph

IF true, I think he’s a fool, £85k with a handful of games to your name is nuts, take it and buy a Ferrari. 

But, he clearly has his head screwed on and knows how difficult it is to breakthrough at Chelsea, this is more than money. I like that. Hope he does well out there.

Hopefully more follow suit, starting with Mount and Tomori to Derby in tribunal fees.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

@MuespachRam, wrong again on multiple counts. Not for the first time.

9B4C0966-77DF-441F-A6D5-E6B95BF48479.thumb.jpeg.65064f48c3d7308016f25e0f13601f3f.jpeg

41756FEA-C9BB-47D2-9F52-EDD3DAE21E89.thumb.jpeg.7d1229cd0bdacb35d00d647de58193f9.jpeg

Whenever I see Aubameyang's full name I always first read it as "Patrick Aubameyang", have to double take every. single. time.

It can’t be right City lost tonight. It was only a couple of days ago that @McLovin was informing us that Pep and his A Team, or indeed his B Team, could win any game they put their minds to.  Perhaps they played their C Team tonight. It was only Newcastle after all.

I cant spell his name to tag him and warn him to look away but Meuspach pal, you won't like this one.

Just watched this Klopp interview, brilliant. I liked him before he came to England and since paying a bit more attention to his personality and his views in general I've got to say I love him. Breath of fresh air.

I think we're really fortunate (watching as neutrals) to have such brilliant characters managing some of the top clubs. I'd put Pep in the same bracket, pure class as managers and pure class as people.

I personally think it will be good for the game if (when) Liverpool win it this year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47041871

9 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Delighted for the Scousers. Every point you get is another slap in the face to the idiots who think they’re better than you.

Really hope Liverpool can win it this year. Helps to stop Man City trying to turn the Prem into Ligue 1 or the Bundesliga.

Bournemouth 4-0 Chelsea, wouldn’t be surprised to see Sarri leave in the summer, they are in danger of dropping out the top 5 with a resurgent United on their tails, just 2pts behind now.

Abramovich won’t stand for it.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Bournemouth 4-0 Chelsea, wouldn’t be surprised to see Sarri leave in the summer, they are in danger of dropping out the top 5 with a resurgent United on their tails, just 2pts behind now.

Abramovich won’t stand for it.

You think he'll last till the summer? They've lost to Arsenal & Spurs this month and wtf was that tonight??? Losing 4-0 to Bournemouth is a sackable offence in itself. They've got the Manchesters in February...

Frank'll be back in blue by Easter.

5 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

You think he'll last till the summer? They've lost to Arsenal & Spurs this month and wtf was that tonight??? Losing 4-0 to Bournemouth is a sackable offence in itself. They've got the Manchesters in February...

I hope you get roasted for that!

22 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Unfinished business.

Jose part III ? 

?

Some capitulation at Chelsea!

Sarri did an amazing job with Napoli, but he had three years to put his stamp on the team and as well, he was working under no real pressure or expectation. Chelsea was a massive step up in that sense. 

It’s become clear that he simply doesn’t have the luxury of time. Time is something he really needs too - to put his ideas across and also learn and make adjustments as he is coaching in a new league, but of course he is being held to the same standard as every other Chelsea manager of the past 15 years.

The fans are already calling for his head. You wouldn’t think they were in a cup final and still in contention to win three trophies. 

The problem for Sarri is that he hasn’t won a single trophy in his career, so time is hard to buy. Pep was hardly a revelation in his first season in English football but his track record bought him time.

For Sarri, this move to Chelsea was sadly too much, too soon. He seems to have lost the dressing room and the fan base in record time.

In fairness, Conte looked to be going the same way in his first season at Chelsea but he actually accepted something wasn’t working, made some adjustments and got the players to buy into what he wanted. Sarri is too stubborn for that, mind you.

It just goes to show how one false move can damage a career. 12 months ago, Sarri and Jorginho were amongst the hottest properties in football. It’s an amazing turn of events.

It’s a lesson for them. Perhaps they would have been been better served going down the Van Dijk route. Joining a club like Southampton, Everton or West Ham and taking the time to acclimatise to English football before moving on to bigger things.

Archived