Watchable telly

dog

17 hours ago, Chester40 said:

...and......?

Feels like a trailer rather than a review 😀 

I plan to watch it....How's it going?

I've watched it... 

If you're a gamer you'll probably enjoy the show, it captures the feel of the games and has loads of easter eggs.  If you've never heard of Fallout, its still been getting good reviews and Season 1 sets up the world and story nicely for the future.

I found it to be kinda 'meh' however - although I guess despite being a huge gamer I've never really enjoyed the Fallout/Bethesda games, so maybe its just me.  Reading other reviews it does seem that I am in a minority. 

You can easily watch it in a couple of evenings though, which is a positive for me!  So at least there isn't too much of a time investment - my missus wants me to watch Breaking Bad cos apparently its the 'best thing ever' but I see how many episodes there are and 'nah...' 

4 episodes into the new season of Blue Lights.

A tad disappointed tbh. It feels more soapy and less edgy than the first series, with too many subplots involving love interests.

I was just thinking, "I wonder which of the female cops they will kill off?" when Mrs. Badger asked me the same question.

Not a spolier as we don't know that, it just feels that way.

Not bad but it's gone from an 8.5 to a 6.5 for me up to now.

3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

I might be too late to warn you all but if you're thinking of watching Passenger on ITV/ITVX DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!  Started off well enough, but rapidly went down hill and ended with an episode so lacking in answers me & Mrs R have been patiently waiting for episode 7 to appear for a week!!!

Whack on Baby Reindeer on Netflix instead, really dark & disturbing true story, that is laugh out loud funny at points.

We just about made it to the end of the first episode of Passenger  - after a brief discussion ("that was crap"; "yes it was") we deleted the series link - pleased to hear we made a wise choice 😁

58 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

We just about made it to the end of the first episode of Passenger  - after a brief discussion ("that was crap"; "yes it was") we deleted the series link - pleased to hear we made a wise choice 😁

That's where we got to as well.

It was Mrs Badger's idea to vacate the premises which is very unusual for her.

Just finished Baby Reindeer.  Parts of it had a profound impact on me, as being too close to home.  But I am glad I watched it, it is a quality production dealing truthfully with a hard to grasp reality of emotions in disarray and trauma.  I understand some things now that I didn't before, for me this was soul cleansing stuff.

Currently watching 'Kin', sort-of a Dublin version of 'Peaky Blinders;.

Reminds me very much of some of the characters I used to know in Fagan's pub in Drumcondra. It just needs Bertie Ahern to walk in with Bill Clinton (actually happened when I was in the bar) and I would have been transported back to December 2000.

Really enjoying Shogun. One tiny gripe being that you can quickly tell the great outdoors depicted is not actually Japan. It transpires it was filmed in Canada, but that nitpick aside, it's a very good show and Cosmo Jarvis carries the lead role very well. Only a couple of episodes in and already plenty of intrigue and on the whole, it's also beautifully filmed. I hadn't realised it was adapted from a book and I confess that I've not read anything by James Clavell, so I've no idea if the screenplay is faithful to his novel, but it works well as a stand-alone project IMO.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2788316/

On Disney+

14 hours ago, maxjam said:

my missus wants me to watch Breaking Bad cos apparently its the 'best thing ever' but I see how many episodes there are and 'nah...' 

She's right. In our house we have so many TV shows that we give up on even when we are enjoying them. Narcos, Peeky Blinders, Ozark, Witcher, Boardwalk, Lost, Walking Dead, The Tourist, House of Cards, Vikings... Honestly, so many more that we just trail off them when busy and end up losing interest 

Breaking Bad was one that we would make time for. After a brief dip in Series 1 (that is part of the story) once it gets going again it doesn't stop. So good.

I don't know if anything can live up to the hype Breaking Bad has. But I'm with your Mrs. Best thing ever. 

I'm starting Fallout this weekend. Was a fan of Fallout 3. The Mrs has no idea what to expect and when she saw the trailer I don't think yet another apocalyptic survival adventure excites her. She says there's too many. I say not enough. Could end up going solo on it

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

Currently watching 'Kin', sort-of a Dublin version of 'Peaky Blinders;.

Reminds me very much of some of the characters I used to know in Fagan's pub in Drumcondra. It just needs Bertie Ahern to walk in with Bill Clinton (actually happened when I was in the bar) and I would have been transported back to December 2000.

This programme was a hot tip on this thread a few months back. If you're enjoying that, you might also enjoy an earlier RTE series on the same theme "Love/Hate" which is being shown on ITVX. I'm into series 3 now, and it's good, perhaps a bit grittier than Kin, but I've not yet got it ranked in my top 5, though it might go higher.

On 17/04/2024 at 10:16, maxjam said:

I've watched it... 

If you're a gamer you'll probably enjoy the show, it captures the feel of the games and has loads of easter eggs.  If you've never heard of Fallout, its still been getting good reviews and Season 1 sets up the world and story nicely for the future.

I found it to be kinda 'meh' however - although I guess despite being a huge gamer I've never really enjoyed the Fallout/Bethesda games, so maybe its just me.  Reading other reviews it does seem that I am in a minority. 

You can easily watch it in a couple of evenings though, which is a positive for me!  So at least there isn't too much of a time investment - my missus wants me to watch Breaking Bad cos apparently its the 'best thing ever' but I see how many episodes there are and 'nah...' 

Ta.

Watched Episode 1 (of 'Fallout') now. Not a gamer but am aware of it through my kids.

Visually it looks great, feels big budget, plenty of storyline!

Will stick with it for now.

12 hours ago, Crewton said:

This programme was a hot tip on this thread a few months back. If you're enjoying that, you might also enjoy an earlier RTE series on the same theme "Love/Hate" which is being shown on ITVX. I'm into series 3 now, and it's good, perhaps a bit grittier than Kin, but I've not yet got it ranked in my top 5, though it might go higher.

I enjoyed so much Irish telly when I was over there a few years back, but I've still never seen anything quite as wonderful as "Podge and Rodge - A Scare At Bedtime".

20 hours ago, Crewton said:

Kin is the best show of the year for me, really loved it.  I'm very grateful for ex Ram John Brayford for recommending it...

On 17/04/2024 at 10:16, maxjam said:

my missus wants me to watch Breaking Bad cos apparently its the 'best thing ever' but I see how many episodes there are and 'nah...' 

That's like somebody in the 1980 saying, I was supposed to be making out with the Nolans this weekend, but then I saw how many there were and thought...nah.

For clarification, you cannot have too many episodes of Breaking Bad.

In my top 5 of all time.

I almost finished Blue Lights and was so disappointed.

The first one was great, but this is all love plots and little action.

And the acting is a lower standard than the first one.

It felt like I was watching The Bill (Northern Ireland).

I believe they have already commissioned seasons 3 and 4.

I won't be watching.

Mrs Badger may be.

Then again, she liked Bergerac.

Edited by Bob The Badger