Watchable telly

dog

Enjoying Un Amore on Sky. Italian with subtitles but beautiful so far. Story of two teenagers who meet briefly and fall in love but due to circumstances agree to correspond only by letter from there on. many years later, they meet.

A love story in two eras. Really tender and life affirming.

48 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Enjoying Un Amore on Sky. Italian with subtitles but beautiful so far. Story of two teenagers who meet briefly and fall in love but due to circumstances agree to correspond only by letter from there on. many years later, they meet.

I was scanning the channels and saw Un Amore was on sky last night so I watched the 1st episode.

Having done all the Love/hate and Kin series in the last month it was a nice change of pace and such a comfortable watch.

Ill continue with it tonight 👍

23 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Sounds just like the Korean film "Past Lives" we watched on Netflix a couple of weeks ago.

Watched the first episode of The Gone last night on iPlayer.

It's stereotypical, cliched bollox with soap opera-level acting and a similar level of scriptwriting.

It's painful to watch on every level, and I really don't think I can go back to it even though it's only one episode.

16 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I've watched it through, brilliant production values and very enjoyable...looking forwards to series 2

I'm not sure you should hold your breath.

Netflix have a proven track record of cancelling expensive shows that aren't massively popular. Especially Sci fi.

On 30/03/2024 at 12:00, Bob The Badger said:

Watched the first episode of The Gone last night on iPlayer.

It's stereotypical, cliched bollox with soap opera-level acting and a similar level of scriptwriting.

It's painful to watch on every level, and I really don't think I can go back to it even though it's only one episode.

Stick with it mate , just finished it , good series

We finished the second season of The Traitors, Australia, last night

The best of all of the seasons we have seen, which is both UK, both Australian and the first US (easily the worst).

It works for me because there is such a strong psychological element, and seeing how cognitive biases and heuristics kick into full effect is fascinating. 

On 29/03/2024 at 09:18, Elwood P Dowd said:

I'm watching The 3 Body Problem I'm about 6 episodes in and just beginning to understand what its about................I think 🤨 

Just finished all episodes, Confusing, Absorbing, Strange, Marvelous, Different...one for @Carl Sagan me thinks 👍

8/10