Watchable telly

dog

1 hour ago, Comrade 86 said:

Oddly I'd never watched any of Fargo, save for the original Coen brothers movie. Blitzed series 1 last week and loved it, but S02 seems to be a mile off it.

Worth continuing or did it peak at S01?

I enjoyed Season 2, but not as much as Season 1

Season 3 (the Ewan McGregor one) was much better.

Season 4 was the terrible one that we gave up on. 

The new one Season 5 was back on form again

24 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Just watched the last ever episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. I am grieving the loss already!

Off the wall humour which reminds us of our very worst foibles is a great  skill.

I hope LD starts a new project soon.

Yep, we watched it tonight too. Fabulous scriptwriting and you always get the impression they're having a blast. 

26 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Just watched the last ever episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. I am grieving the loss already!

Off the wall humour which reminds us of our very worst foibles is a great  skill.

I hope LD starts a new project soon.

I said to Mrs Badger. Don't you think I'm like Larry David?

She replied. Yes <pause> you're a bald bad tempered t*** too.

How we laughed. 

18 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

I enjoyed Season 2, but not as much as Season 1

Season 3 (the Ewan McGregor one) was much better.

Season 4 was the terrible one that we gave up on. 

The new one Season 5 was back on form again

Pretty much how I saw it. 

Billy Bob was great in particular.

Didn't enjoy the 4th series.

18 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I said to Mrs Badger. Don't you think I'm like Larry David?

She replied. Yes <pause> you're a bald bad tempered t*** too.

How we laughed. 

But are you disgruntled? 😊

6 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

But are you disgruntled? 😊

I'm disgruntled with a small d but I'm not Disgruntled with a capital D. 

I'm a bit disgruntled with Ripley after an episode and a half. I hope someone can drag it out of its own a******* sooner rather than later. 

18 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm disgruntled with a small d but I'm not Disgruntled with a capital D. 

I'm a bit disgruntled with Ripley after an episode and a half. I hope someone can drag it out of its own a******* sooner rather than later. 

That's a shame. You and I in the past have enjoyed the same shows. Well, apart from the comedy you watch 😀

Only the other day I added it to the watchlist. Didn't really know anything about it, but it did seem to be my sort of show.

20 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

.....I'm a bit disgruntled with Ripley after an episode and a half. I hope someone can drag it out of its own a******* sooner rather than later. 

I've not made it to the end of the first episode yet - beatifully filmed in black and white, but so far it's sooooo slowwwww. Really hoping somnething happens to grab my attention or it may fall by the watside....

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I've not made it to the end of the first episode yet - beatifully filmed in black and white, but so far it's sooooo slowwwww. Really hoping somnething happens to grab my attention or it may fall by the watside....

Is that tonight's game you're describing?

On episode 4 and as we're heading up to Derbyshire tomorrow, I doubt we'll go back to it. 

Well acted and filmed but utterly pretentious. 

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Is that tonight's game you're describing?

On episode 4 and as we're heading up to Derbyshire tomorrow, I doubt we'll go back to it. 

We watched the first episode afew days ago and are yet to return to it, which usually means we won't.

Just watched the first episode of meat curtains, no I mean Baby Reindeer on Netflix.  I need to know already what this will lead to, my initial theory being marriage, mayhem, murder or institution. 

You English sure do exhibit cruel humour, am loving it.  The acting is top notch.

23 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

23 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

We watched the first episode afew days ago and are yet to return to it, which usually means we won't.

Is it really so bad? Scott seems very well cast and the only artifice I can see is that it's rather needlessly filmed in B & W, which detracts rather than adding anything.

You guys have me debating whether to go on now! 😂

3 Body Problem - Netflix

Really interesting concept and enjoyed watching it, confusing at times but overall glad I watched. 
Peaked at episode 5 and just went a bit stale, wasn't a fan of the ending although I will watch a second season providing it gets renewed.

7.5/10

Just started watching Fallout on Prime. Based on the excellent but buggy video game. 

The show depicts the aftermath of the Great War of 2077, an apocalyptic nuclear exchange in an alternate history of Earth where advances in nuclear technology after WWII led to the emergence of a retrofuturistic society and a subsequent resource war. Many survivors took refuge in fallout bunkers known as Vaults.

On 14/04/2024 at 22:50, Mr. P said:

Just started watching Fallout on Prime. Based on the excellent but buggy video game. 

The show depicts the aftermath of the Great War of 2077, an apocalyptic nuclear exchange in an alternate history of Earth where advances in nuclear technology after WWII led to the emergence of a retrofuturistic society and a subsequent resource war. Many survivors took refuge in fallout bunkers known as Vaults.

...and......?

Feels like a trailer rather than a review 😀 

I plan to watch it....How's it going?

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

...and......?

Feels like a trailer rather than a review 😀 

I plan to watch it....How's it going?

Only watched the 1st episode lol 

This Town - Bit of a slow-burner and not what I was expecting at all, but sometimes not knowing something makes for nice surprises and this series ended so strongly there surely has to be more to come.

I won't say too much in case folk are still watching it, just that it's definitely worth sticking with if, like me, you should encounter an early wobble. A mainly young cast, visibly grows into the series and I'm already intrigued to see where they'll take it next. Blinding soundtrack too!

I might be too late to warn you all but if you're thinking of watching Passenger on ITV/ITVX DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!  Started off well enough, but rapidly went down hill and ended with an episode so lacking in answers me & Mrs R have been patiently waiting for episode 7 to appear for a week!!!

Whack on Baby Reindeer on Netflix instead, really dark & disturbing true story, that is laugh out loud funny at points.

13 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Whack on Baby Reindeer on Netflix instead, really dark & disturbing true story, that is laugh out loud funny at points.

Watched the first episode last night and it was really wince-inducing in parts (intentional - not in a bad way!) looking forward to seeing how it pans out

I like that it's a true story and therefore won't just be some glitzed up version of stalking (like the ridiculously daft 'You' on Netflix)

and already you are starting to find yourself flipping between sympathy and blame for both characters, so that's quite a feat to pull off