Watchable telly

dog

3 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

MOTA is nowhere near the same quality as BoB in story line. 

Last 20 minutes was sickly American dirge. 

I did like the real life stories at the very end though. 

For me, the stuff in the air was boring and I preffered the storylines on the ground once they were shot down .

28 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Has anybody seen this on Netflix? I just had it recommended to me. I've never heard of it. It gets 8.4 on IMDb but the trailer looks a bit hammy to me.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13433812/

Nope but I guess that all the stars are being awarded by the K-Pop fans who fancy their leading men to look like young boys 😂

Loving the re-runs of Toast of London.

Such wonderfully off-the-wall humour.

Also Curb Your Enthusiasm continues to challenge social mores. 

Last night’s example of the cringey chain message posts on social media and the difficulty in extricating yourself from such chains was a classic.

Larry D continues to face taboos head on. Long may he continue.

On 10/03/2024 at 21:21, Comrade 86 said:

The Gentlemen - spin off series from Guy Ritchie's film of the same title. Shan't say too much to avoid giving anything away, but with a strong cast and a sharp and often funny script, this rattles along with the occasional nod to early outings from the director. Ritchie fans will be pleased to know that Ritchie revisits all of his favourite schticks: drug dealers, the aristocracy, pikeys and arrogant Americans, so if Ritchie is your bag, then you'll probably love this. Great fun without taking itself too seriously.

Just brilliant, puerile fun.

On 15/03/2024 at 19:47, Elwood P Dowd said:

MOTA is nowhere near the same quality as BoB in story line. 

Very discombulating how they all seemed to get from escaped POW or downed in enemy territory to being back at airbase in two days and ready to go.  

15 hours ago, Eddie said:

Just brilliant, puerile fun.

I'm five episodes in and finding it a bit samey - just feels like the same story spun slightly differently each time.

Some great cameos, for example John Thompson, and Sophie Glass character is very good but some of the casting feels a bit off. No more than the lead, the brother is excellent but the lead seems a miss.

Went back to check out Bloodline on Netlfix from 2017.

Incredibly slow plot development, but some great acting, and I'm hooked.

It has taken 10 episodes, though, and only strong recommendations got me to hang on and give it a chance.

Unless they go all Game of Thrones with the ending, we'll definitely move on to season two.

Oh, and er, well, we watched the first season of The Traitors Australia and have moved on to the second.

Paul Warne's career with Derby, in the eyes of certain board members, is more salvageable than my credibility. 

5 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Went back to check out Bloodline on Netlfix from 2017.

Incredibly slow plot development, but some great acting, and I'm hooked.

It has taken 10 episodes, though, and only strong recommendations got me to hang on and give it a chance.

Unless they go all Game of Thrones with the ending, we'll definitely move on to season two.

I'm sure I reviewed this in the thread last year, but I can't immediately find it with the search

Honestly - we enjoyed the first series, but it went rapidly downhill, like a lot of these shows do, once they are renewed and realise that "oh bugger we need to actually come up with a plot for another season". 

I mean, it wasn't awful - it just got a bit too silly. If you're happy to suspend your disbelief and go with it, then you'll be OK. We finished all 3 seasons but by the end we wondered why!

On 10/03/2024 at 13:21, Comrade 86 said:

The Gentlemen - spin off series from Guy Ritchie's film of the same title. Shan't say too much to avoid giving anything away, but with a strong cast and a sharp and often funny script, this rattles along with the occasional nod to early outings from the director. Ritchie fans will be pleased to know that Ritchie revisits all of his favourite schticks: drug dealers, the aristocracy, pikeys and arrogant Americans, so if Ritchie is your bag, then you'll probably love this. Great fun without taking itself too seriously.

The suspension of disbelief is essential throughout, yet I binge watched this fun series. 

All that crime and not a copper in sight, lovely.